<

29 Wed UEFA Champions League A Manchester United 19:45

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by HollandGooner, Apr 25, 2009.

1. General

General Well-Known Member

Excellent post Ricky. I salute you. Also notice that around the six yard box was the ball watching Nasri completely oblivious to the danger at hand. The fact that we conceded from inside our box with a totally unmarked O'shea just goes to show the ridiculousness of our defending as a unit. No cohesion,no partnerships, easily disorganised and easily outsmarted. Our entire culture to defending was captured in that one move.

2. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

The issue at the corner illustrates one of the problems with bringing everyone back to defend them - it can give rise to the expectation that defending is done by someone else & many players are just there to make up the numbers & don't actually do anything.

My biggest gripe is that the team is designed to have the ball at their feet - but someone forgot how we are supposed to get possession of the ball in the first place.

3. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

I noticed Nasri on the day, and I was surprised hardly anyone had highlighted his lack of responsibility for the goal. He was walking around like he was in Miami.