• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A lacklustre performance by Henry against Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongyap

The performance of henry in the match against Chelsea is so disappointing especially when the whole team looks up to him to lead the team. His primary task is to score goals but he never even took enough chances for him to score. I can't really understand why he never work as hard as his team mates. He never even defend or try to chase the balls. Even though maybe sometimes it is useless to chase the ball but atleast he should try to set as an example to his team mates.

Did anybody see whether Henry even break into a sweat? I laughed when Henry waved his hand asking for the ball when Toure was running towards the goal. What the hell is he thinking? :cry:

Gooner83

I agree he was poor, but hes Captain now and seems very concerned about our midfield without Vieira so he drops back very deep and is less effective.

He also seems to only be running when he needs to, one of his big strengths is he is faster than anyone over 10yards but hes not using it.

Everytime hes got the ball lately, its going backwards but its still earley season and i have faith in him to bounce back to his best :)

bongyap

I hope Henry Gets back his old self, the team need him more now than ever.
I just wish he could chase after balls more often because its disheartening to see him standing there while his team mates are running their wits out.

AFCG7

Established Member
THat Toure moment had me tearing the Hair off my head... there was our CB taking a ball all the way up the field.. he looks up but..where's Henry?? Where's the captain? Our number one striker?

Gooner83

AFCG7 said:
THat Toure moment had me tearing the Hair off my head... there was our CB taking a ball all the way up the field.. he looks up but..where's Henry?? Where's the captain? Our number one striker?

man you can't be too critical on Henry there, he has never beeen a fox in the box type of player but there should have been more bodies in there :x

kanuuu

Established Member
He did chase the ball a few times, but was generally useless as he always seems to be in these games.

AFCG7

Established Member
Gooner83... he doesnt have to be a fox in the box... but when you are playing as the lone striker.. at least you have to make some ****ing effort to get into scoring positions.
This is why i suggested playing him on the wing against Chelsea and using RVP as our point man... because i knew he wouldnt be able to get away from Gallas, who matched him for pace and marked him all game.

Sammer

Established Member
He had an off-day, no doubt about it. Even had trouble controlling the ball (I remember that nice Hleb pass to Henry, which looked like good chance, right at the penalty box, but it just bounce of Titi).

No worries. After the next game, we´ll all love him again.

Everytime theres a big game every body blames Henry like Henry is a one man bloody team absolutely pathetic, he did have an off game no doubt but he wasnt exactly helped with Pires playing along side him WTF was that all about!?! Reyes on the bench thats gotta be politics but to simply put the blame on Henry is sad & pathetic he did his usual thing going to the left side side of the field but thats just him im afraid.
If theres gonna be any blaming its gotta be aimed at Arsehole Wenger he plays Bobby as the 2nd striker :x and leaves Reyes on the bench & so far in the transfer window he's only brought in Hleb & this Song geeza on loan who will probably play in the reserves & League Cup most of the season, what Wenger needs to do is splash the cash theres money there too spend and im afraid if he doesnt bring in some new blood in this current team it may be a fight with Liverpool for 3rd place which is simply not good enough, but too blame Henry for todays result is Boll**ks..

Lipe

I agree...Pires has been played has a 2nd striker before and it never worked but Wenger is stubborn and tries it again. Making Henry captain was a terrible move imo, he's too worried about the team now and so stays deep in midfield which means he can't do what he does best which is stay near the back 4 and sprint off them.

Gooner83

i watched the Amsterdam Tourny, Charity Shield, Newcastle game, todays game and hes still to score from open play for us, so its hardly an offday. :?

jay-d

Established Member
Well said SteveB, the members on here seem to forget Henry is a few goals away from Wrightys record, he's been our best player for the last 5 years and people moan at him when he has an off game. How many F'ing games has Henry won for Arsenal, like you I blame Wenger today, Why oh why does he persist with F'ing Pires? He done F'all today nor did he through out the whole pre season. Henry had to drop deep today or he wouldn't have seen the ball and i'm sure he's playing to Wengers instructions. Wenger bottled it today he went out and instead of playing to our strengths he tried to counter Chelsea's and it failed and I hope his comments about lacking cutting edge mean he will bring in a face or two before the season flops before January.

jay-d

Established Member
Gooner83 said:
i watched the Amsterdam Tourny, Charity Shield, Newcastle game, todays game and hes still to score from open play for us, so its hardly an offday. :?

Well he's in a bad patch you F'ing *****. The current tactics don't suit him he's trying to accomadte the loss of paddy and it aint working.

kevin earley

he spends far to much time helping out every were eles on the pitch, if he ant up frount banging um, in WHO THE HELL ELES WILL????

JazzG

Established Member
Sheesh he had a bad game, not the end of the world is it.

Also keep this in the Chelsea thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom