• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A little reminder about goal clips

A

Anonymous

sanyasi said:
from the phpbb code its apparent that it would be a near impossible task to read PMs. and if youve set the database access permissions properly, then it SHOULD be impossible (like passwords are) for you to read it yourself
I don't mean to be rude, but that's not how it works.

I own the site, so I have access to all the tables in the database. I can't "deny access" to myself because if something goes wrong, I go directly into the server to fix it.

The passwords are not impossible to read - they're not even encrypted by phpBB. They're reformulated into a hash (an algorithm called MD5) so it's not readable to the casual observer.

The PM's are not encrypted at all. You can go into the PM table and read pretty much any PM you want. The only thing that's stopping me from doing so is I can't be bothered to associate all the user ID's (we have over 3500 members) with the relevant message ID.

sanyasi

i dont mean to be critical - but that is a bad way to maintain a database.
my databases when i take somebodys passwords i make sure it is unreadable even to me - most people use one password for all their accounts and if i had the power to read their passwords then it woudlnt be fair.
and actually PMs dont come under that category, but i assumed that they too would be unreadable.
evidently they are unreadable only due to volume, not by encryption reasons.

but to learn that my password can be read by any administrator, no matter how much faith i have in him, that is a disturbing idea.

sanyasi said:
*Loyan* said:
No you can't do any sharing of clips what so ever. If they catch you PMing each other you can be banned. I think.
how can anyone trace PMs?
can mods read PMs?

It is possible however I doubt that any of the mods would have to time or inclanation to sit through all the logs. It tends to take a long time to get any information out of the hamsters! (Anybody who has been around here for a couple of years might remember what im on about)

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom