• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey can be the next Fabregas says Mel Charles

number_0

Established Member
Ramsey reminds me of Frank Lampard really, great passer and has a great movement, coupled with great physical strength and a supurb shot.
He still has a long way to go, but at 18 he will only improve while remaining a great player.

He needs to work on his composure a bit, and learn not to let the game go past him. Defiently not ready to start against united.

qs

Established Member
banduan said:
Does he take free kicks? :lol:

Yeah he scored a great one for Wales U21s a few months ago. In fact if Robin doesn't sort him self out soon Aaron might take over.

lagos

Established Member
I don't think so, I have not seem anyrhing in his performances to date to suggest he is anything apptoachong the level of Cesc or even Jack. he is decent but I don't get excited when I see him coming on, I can't remmember a single performance where I've thought "I want to see more more of this boy" There is no doubt the boy is talented but Cesc at his age displayed a superior composure, intelligence and vision that i haven't seen displayed by Ramsey.....yet!

stiiphunn

Established Member
lagos said:
I don't think so, I have not seem anyrhing in his performances to date to suggest he is anything apptoachong the level of Cesc or even Jack. he is decent but I don't get excited when I see him coming on, I can't remmember a single performance where I've thought "I want to see more more of this boy" There is no doubt the boy is talented but Cesc at his age displayed a superior composure, intelligence and vision that i haven't seen displayed by Ramsey.....yet!
That's kind of how I feel about Ramsey.

scytheavatar

Established Member
X3. Ramsey is talented, but Wilshere is levels above him. Wilshere can be the next Fabregas; I am not sure if the same can be said about Ramsey.

Captain

Established Member
He has the potential to be one of the best in the world. One of the best 17 year old central midfielders I have ever seen.

sabret00the

Established Member
Quality player, onwards and upwards for him. Seldom lets his head drop and always has a positive imputus going forward.

KY

Established Member
Ramsey does the easy things well as far as i can see which is good enough for me, if he's only to secure a spot alongside cesc. makes good decisions and passes,times runs nicely, finishes well. Hasn't shown me anything spectacular enough to warrant challenging cesc. That said, being good at simple isn't that easy either. :D

Anzac

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
X3. Ramsey is talented, but Wilshere is levels above him. Wilshere can be the next Fabregas; I am not sure if the same can be said about Ramsey.

Ramsey = Lampard;
Wilshere = Pires?????

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has to stop losing possession in midfield unnecessarily. Everton scored because he lost possession and Celtic almost scored yesterday because of the same reason. If he wants to be the next Cesc he should try to emulate that quality of keeping calm and not giving the ball away in tight spaces. If you watch those instances where his loss of possession almost or did cause a goal, there was no extreme pressure so it's partly concentration and good decision making. I know he's only 18 but he is playing for a premiership contender and such mistakes must stop if he's going to continue to gain more minutes. So far we've been winning comfortably but in a tight game, one mistake is all it takes. Apart from that he does seem to be coming along nicely though.

outlaw_member

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
lagos said:
That's kind of how I feel about Ramsey.

Co-signed. I'm more excited to see how Merida would pan out.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Cruisio said:
qs said:
Ramseys more of an all action midfielder than Cesc, he can be a true box to box player. His off the ball movement is excellent as well, thats why he gets into such good scoring positions. At times he reminds me of Gerrard when he was younger and still playing as a central midfielder. I definitely think he can become a huge player for us and really dominate midfelds for a long time.

QFT

Pretty much said everything I wanted to say there. Ive always said Ramseys game reminds me alot more of Gerrard than it does Cesc. He's got the sort of vision Cesc has (not to the same quality) but his all round game is alot more Gerrard like in the sense that he's a box to box player with a good tackle on him and higher scoring potential than Cesc.

Definately.

JGooner

Ramsey is going to be some player. He isn't top drawer technically but he's good enough, and has the physical and mental qualities needed to be a world class midfielder. He's got "winner" written all over him: it's just obvious in the way he carries himself on the pitch and in the cold, single-mindedness of him off the pitch.

He hasn't got enough credit for the little things he's done this season: the beautiful curling aerial pass to set up RvP for a shot against Portsmouth (I had a perfect view of it in the stands, maybe the cameras didn't pick it up so well), the quick thinking for the pass to Arshavin against Celtic, and the Ljungberg-type runs he's been making beyond the strikers that haven't always been found with passes from deep.

graham_ka

Established Member
I agree JGoon, If any of our youngsters have the "it" factor, Ramsey's got "it". Even more so than Wilshere, in my opinion. Definitely has winner written all over him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The Kid is not as advanced as Cesc was at 18 but he shows all the encessary qualities to be a grand player for us. He needs to protect the ball better when in possession. He doesn't have cesc's innate ability to see all around him, move away from trouble and pick that killer pass....as yet!

longrufus

Established Member
Big fan of Ramsey, has a bit of everything to his game, a real footballer. As QS says, a bit of an all action player. His finishing is excellent, as is his off the ball movement and he has a knack of getting space in the box due to the timing of his runs. Under Wenger we have never really had a CM who has been a consistent goal threat, with Ramsey I think that will change. It will be interesting to see how the midfield develops over the next few years with Ramsey, Denilson, Song and Wilshere. Playing for Wales is actually a big plus for me, hopefully with less international football he'll be much fresher and we wont run the risk of him overplaying.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom