• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey – Over-hyped or Misunderstood?

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Jani the gooner said:
More experience? didn't Bischoff play like one senior game for Bremen?
A half, actually. And he's not playing the same position as Ramsey anyway so it's a ridiculous suggestion. I'm all for Bischoff ahead of Eboue though.

Bischoff is a handful of years older so despite his lay off he should have more time playing football, regardless of 1st team exposure. And my call was off topic = Bischoff to replace Eboue, NOT Ramsey.
:wink:

TomasCR

Established Member
I need to chill and Ramsey is technically worse than Randall who has been ****e everytime he has played for the first team, get in! What is the strange thing that keeps Randall´s door to the first team closed then?

But yeah, it´s a matter of opinion of course, so some on here are surely not going to call me being ridiculos and wrong all the time for having the same opinion like everybody on here apart from two posters, right? Thank you very much, I appreciate it, I really ****ing do!

Total Football

Yeah I think a few posters were being a tad harsh on TomasCR.

Personally, I think, technically, Ramsey is probably not at the level of some of our other young players, but at the same time, his technique is quite good overall. Wenger wouldn't have signed him if his technique was not good enough. The way we play our football, having good technical ability is a prerequisite. In some moments, he has actually shown good technique as well; the through pass to Arshavin for example, was excellent in its timing, weight and angle. Being able to execute such a pass shows his technical ability as well as vision. I know that's only one example, but I have seen him do such things in other occasions as well; the Sheffield United game is a good example.
The one area he needs to improve is his first touch at times, and the way he receives the ball. Quite a few times, he is unable to control the ball quickly enough and puts himself under pressure, which is why he loses possession in midfield. Players like Cesc always find space so are rarely rushed in midfield. I am not comparing him to Cesc at all, I am just saying he should look at Cesc to see how he can improve.

I think there are different areas of technical ability; in some, Ramsey is good at; at others, he needs to improve.

Herbert Chapman

AnthonyG said:
Herbert Chapman said:
scored in the champions league at 17.
say's it all really.
With all due respect to yourself and to Mr. Ramsey, all it says, in fact, is that at the age of 17 he played in a Champions League game and scored a goal.

Respect accepted, of course, the statement explains the obvious,the rest should easily register in the minds of true Gooners without the need to elaborate, such as...how do you get there? to be playing in the champions league in the first place, not forgetting the company he's keeping in one of the best teams in the most demanding football nation in the world, to be chosen and trusted by one of the most respected managers in the world and to cap it off with a great goal.

Seems to me like an excuse to open a thread, proven by the posting of PM's to renforce the argument :mrgreen:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I agree with sentiment Herbert. I think all of this comparing of technical ability, be it with Randall or RvP or Gerrard, is pie in the sky stuff with little substantial basis and clutches at straws. Why? I don't really know.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom