• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron's moment

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
He can score goals and what he has going for him is that he isn't as predictable as some of the other options we have for Cesc's position. I look forward to him and Wilshere linking up in the near future, if he's fit he has to start.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd want him to start in AM though , he has the aggression,directness , dribbling and ability to shoot of both feet

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd prefer him in AM too but I'm not sure if his close control is quite upto scratch for that position which will be necassary against the packed defences.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
celestis said:
I'd want him to start in AM though , he has the aggression,directness , dribbling and ability to shoot of both feet
Prime example of people overrating him massively.

Let's wait before we come to these conclusions, even though he's already a vast improvement on the two players whose names we do not want to utter.

yuvken

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
celestis said:
I'd want him to start in AM
he's already a vast improvement on the two players whose names we do not want to utter.
What other reason do you need? nobody's talking about playing him there when cesc is available.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Wenger needs to stop to play Fabregas as a AM cause our whole game is leading under it.

yuvken

Established Member
you mean in the same way we should get rid of VP coz our attack is based on him (and then he's injured)? Or I miss your point?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Quicker than Walcott said:
celestis said:
Prime example of people overrating him massively.

Let's wait before we come to these conclusions, even though he's already a vast improvement on the two players whose names we do not want to utter.

Actually its a prime example of how badly we need someone who is a goal scoring threat in that position . Not overrating him , want someone to keep things simple and direct which we lack at the moment .

scytheavatar

Established Member
celestis said:
Actually its a prime example of how badly we need someone who is a goal scoring threat in that position . Not overrating him , want someone to keep things simple and direct which we lack at the moment .

His record last season reads 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 starts and 16 subs. Cesc has 9 goals and 12 assists in 25 starts and 6 subs for us this season. Ramsey's stats certainly are highly respectable but it's not like he is vastly superior to Cesc in goals/game ratio or that he's a vastly better "goal scoring threat". Our goals will start coming back when Cesc and Walcott returns, both of whom we were clearly missing. Ramsey is there to ensure we don't suffer from any more Denilson, but I can't see him making a huge difference to our style.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He must start the next game vs WBA with wilshere and song i dont want see diaby and denilson in the pitch please wenger

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

scytheavatar said:
celestis said:

His record last season reads 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 starts and 16 subs. Cesc has 9 goals and 12 assists in 25 starts and 6 subs for us this season. Ramsey's stats certainly are highly respectable but it's not like he is vastly superior to Cesc in goals/game ratio or that he's a vastly better "goal scoring threat". Our goals will start coming back when Cesc and Walcott returns, both of whom we were clearly missing. Ramsey is there to ensure we don't suffer from any more Denilson, but I can't see him making a huge difference to our style.

No don't want him to replace Cesc but we need someone to inject a bit of freshness while he is out .

dyeruz

Established Member
celestis said:
I thought Ramsey showed something different or missing that we didn't have in just the first few minutes he was on .

Not sure he should start just yet but he is a goal scoring midfielder .
I believe intelligent players look at other players game and if there is anything they can add to their armory then they do it, notice Jack does the Fabregas perpetual motion neck look arounder, biggest compliment to give to Ramsey is he is Cescesque in movement and ball distribution, a run of games and he'll be a fine player. Good luck to him. Still need to add some defensive quality and players that provide genuine width to stretch defenses.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom