• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Rabiot and Ceballos for 30m each would be incredible business. Both could be international regulars for Spain and Frabce in the next couple of years.

I'm not convinced we can attract Rabiot. No question of whether he is good enough.
Rabiot is banned from playing for France after refusing a call up iirc.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We dont need players with attitudes who think they are above their stations.

We need players who will knuckle down and work hard and always put a shift in. Not just when we are 3 0 up.
Not sure joining us would show an attitude above his station.

Its a player that wants to play & looking for individual progression over the easy life of a squad player at Juve.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Cuisance, whom I suggested us to buy in previous transfer windows would be the future regular of France. Not Rabiot.

And Tonali will be the future of Italy.
Tonali has like every single top team in the world interested in him but wants to stay in Italy. Inter/Juve for him, read that he recently rejected PSG.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
And closer to home... Van Persie

Barzagli, Abidal are another two, I think there could be quite a few that fit, especially GK's and defenders.

Carrick and Pirlo didnt hit peak until late either. When Pirlo started getting serious recognition was when he left AC Milan, werent he like 32?

Talking of AC - Dida is another.

How old was Keown when he started getting recognition for us?

Pires/Lauren/Petit/Lehmann?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Defenders and keepers do generally get better with age.

But usually you can spot a good one before that.

People are here going back 15-20 years to find examples.

My point was by 24 you should be well on your way to being the best you will be. He isnt young anymore and as people have indicated he has played a lot of football however the jury is still out on how good he actually is.

My view is at 24 he may improve us. But again his attitude seems a problem and my worry would be that he would come here after being gifted titles in France and playing in a highly competitive environment at Juventus maybe see this as a stop gap. Not actually buying in to the long term process.

I would much rather someone come in on a permanent deal who plans to stay with the club at least 3-4 years who can be part of a building project.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Would've taken him last year for free.as a Xhaka replacement as the latter was awful like most of this season pre-Arteta.

However, now he'd be much more expensive, hasn't played much and seems to have an inflated ego.

With the way Xhaka plays there's no reason for him anyway. And even if we sold him we should move toward athletic, powerful players in the middle.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Defenders and keepers do generally get better with age.

But usually you can spot a good one before that.

People are here going back 15-20 years to find examples.

My point was by 24 you should be well on your way to being the best you will be. He isnt young anymore and as people have indicated he has played a lot of football however the jury is still out on how good he actually is.

My view is at 24 he may improve us. But again his attitude seems a problem and my worry would be that he would come here after being gifted titles in France and playing in a highly competitive environment at Juventus maybe see this as a stop gap. Not actually buying in to the long term process.

I would much rather someone come in on a permanent deal who plans to stay with the club at least 3-4 years who can be part of a building project.

Of course you have to go back 15-20 years to find examples of players who matured later, because they needed the time to actually mature and show consistency.

What bothers me the most about your response is that once you have been given examples, you want to shift the goal posts to suit your narrative and somehow show that your point remains valid and that you are still somehow vindicated.

As for attitude, yes its a gamble going for players with bad discipline. But we have similar players in our ranks at the moment... Özil a classic example and Aubameyang another. These are arguable two of our most influential players in the team right now. So its not as black and white as you make it out to be.

This is the second time I had to engage with you, and one thing is becoming clear. You are a contender for one of the most foolish posters on Arsenal Mania. Not because you are an out and out troll, but because you think you are speaking sense and debating properly, when you are clearly out of your depth.

At least I know what Im dealing with now, and will adjust my expectations accordingly.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of course you have to go back 15-20 years to find examples of players who matured later, because they needed the time to actually mature and show consistency.

What bothers me the most about your response is that once you have been given examples, you want to shift the goal posts to suit your narrative and somehow show that your point remains valid and that you are still somehow vindicated.

As for attitude, yes its a gamble going for players with bad discipline. But we have similar players in our ranks at the moment... Özil a classic example and Aubameyang another. These are arguable two of our most influential players in the team right now. So its not as black and white as you make it out to be.

This is the second time I had to engage with you, and one thing is becoming clear. You are a contender for one of the most foolish posters on Arsenal Mania. Not because you are an out and out troll, but because you think you are speaking sense and debating properly, when you are clearly out of your depth.

At least I know what Im dealing with now, and will adjust my expectations accordingly.

What are you on about. That rant there like a child getting personal because someone has a different opinion that you.

I dont want a 24 year old who hasnt really improved over the last 3 or 4 years. Who has fallen out with managers. Who looked for the big move to a top team (Juventus) and isnt a regular.

I dont want someone who isnt thinking of the long term plan and ready to sacrifice himself for the team.

The calibre of player we need in order to improve and the qualities we require are not what Rabiot can offer us in my opinion.

Agree with some that we dont need another player like Rabiot that put himself before the team and have not been showing any in a long period of time..
Wasnt it a problem with his mom aswell that was Adriens agent?

Has anyone seen player Dejan Kulusevski play? He is a young promising player for a decent price, apperently Juventus may already have bought him but why dont Arsenal go after a player like that?
Might not be taking a spot in the team right now but at least if we loan him out we could either have a good player in a year or two or we sell him and get our money back for sure..

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Kulusevski has apparently agreed a deal for Juventus. He will stay on loan and they will get him in the summer.

To be honest I would rather wait until summer to sign players unless we can get who we want now.

For example Ndidi may be difficult to get now but maybe in summer not as bad. Depending on where Leciester finish. Hes young and he also studies at university so maybe it will suit him to spend another year or two at Leciester.

We need players to see an improvement and a project and have them buy into that.

Why

Always Me ?
Rabiot has always come across as a bit of a ****. Reminds me of Balotelli, and Pogba in terms of potentially world-class players, but their own worst enemies. He ran down his contract to get more money from a move and has an awful reputation as a trouble maker in the dressing room.

Undoubtedly a good player, but not sure if its someone I would want in the dressing room when we are rebuilding team cohesion and trying to get a team who play for each other. Feel like he would come in and disrupt the environment and would not play for the badge.

nick gould

Drogba was never world class
I beg to differ. He was a true world class player. In fact he was so good that Jose said he would have made a world class defender if he had gone down that route. He scored goals for fun Against big teams and in big games. He totally destroyed arsenal during the years when arsenal had some good defenders. He would have scored more goals if he didn't work as hard as he did defensively.

Vantastico

With Xhaka staying dont think he is what we need tbf.
Funny enough they do play the same positions but they are quite literally polar opposites in terms of playstyles. Rabiot is skillful, strong on the ball and dribbles past his man quite a bit. Does little flicks and generally looks fast and strong both on and off the ball. We all know Xhaka, and we know he is none of those things sadly.

On the other hand, Xhaka can ping cross-passes to the wingers, has a shot on him and generally seems somewhat of a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room likely as well.

All in all, I would not want to pay £10m salary per year to Rabiot without European football income. But I do rate him and think he would vastly improve our style of play.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom