• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

senna

Will take him on loan for the rest of the season, but given his well publicised attitude problems & sense of entitlement he is not someone I want us to buidl our midfield around.

I'd rather give Ceballos a run, in Arteta's formation his passing & ball carrying could work as the 2 deeper midfield, he also has a good shot on him. Not sure the no.10 role Emery played him in his best position.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
He totally destroyed arsenal during the years when arsenal had some good defenders.

Good old Senderos

0_Chelsea-v-Arsenal-Kent-Gavin.jpg

He probably still has nightmares about Drogba

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I beg to differ. He was a true world class player. In fact he was so good that Jose said he would have made a world class defender if he had gone down that route. He scored goals for fun Against big teams and in big games. He totally destroyed arsenal during the years when arsenal had some good defenders. He would have scored more goals if he didn't work as hard as he did defensively.
He actually was, I remember that game against Barcelona playing as Right fullback and he was very very good at defending.

Only a fool could say he wasn’t WC only because he played for Chelsea.

yorch44

This is the kind of players we should avoid. He is overrated, poor and problematic attitude and he easily could backstab us for a better option.

He thinks himself as WC player but he doesn’t realize he can’t even make first eleven. Anyway he is slow, I don’t want him here.

#Davido

Drogba had world class mentality and made the absolute most of his physical attributes but he wasn’t a world class talent for me.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Drogba hit double figures in the league just twice, haven’t checked but I think that’s right. So not a great goal scorer.

Earlier in his career you could argue he was a very effective player in the Mourinho machine, like many others, and nothing more.

Later in his career you feel he grew a stature and become more a leader alongside his effective football, and was backed up by an incredible scoring record in finals, which all put together elevated his status to an iconic player.

Not world class or great for me, but few are. A reliable soldier though in the grind of league football, one of the icons of the golden period for Chelsea and a killer in finals.

Would start for every team in England today, except City.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
A striker who scored on par with Giroud while being a part time defender was supposedly 'World class'..... People would call any memorable name world class now days

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Drogba ran the best defences in Europe ragged. Easily world class, I thought the initial post suggesting otherwise was trollery and not worth a response. Clearly it wasn't a minority view.

Probably the best striker that I've witnessed at leading the line in a lone striker formation.

Anyway, Rabiot...

Sydney-Gooner

Drogba was undoubtedly world class ten years ago in 2009/10 when they won the double under Ancelloti. Think that was the only season he hit 30 goals in a season.

yorch44

Drogba was undoubtedly world class ten years ago in 2009/10 when they won the double under Ancelloti. Think that was the only season he hit 30 goals in a season.
Not only goals, if you check his stats, he got a lot of assists for a lone striker. He was a beast of striker!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we had VAR back then, half of Drogba's goals against Arsenal would have been flagged offside or free-kick against Chelsea.

If you don't agree with me, argue with Mike Dean!

Wasnt Drogbas fault our defenders were *****s.

chessygoal

Rabiot for 30mil should be a no brainer. We need CMs, and if Xhaka wants to leave, Rabiot is a perfect replacement.
I have my doubts regarding his ability to adapt to the intensity of a PL game, but if there is one coach who can help him make that adjustment, it's Arteta who had to walk that path in the past.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Would Rabiot take that move when he’s almost guaranteed a giant pay cut?

Think Juve’s strategy of signing players for free on huge wages is pretty suspect. If they don’t work out you’re left with all these guys getting overpaid who you can’t move.
Very true. Almost the entire Juve midfield were free/cheap signings. Only Pjanic and Matuidi do a consistent job and they'll both be 30+ at the end of the season.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Looked useless in the Roma - Juve game on Sunday. Added very little to their midfield. Pjanic, Matuidi and Ramsey all way more involved, especially once Juve found their footing around the half hour mark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom