• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

TheEconomist

Established Member
Have to side with Robbie on this I think. I don't agree that there is a conflict of interest. It's only a conflict of interest if Robbie had any involvement in the running of the club which he doesn't. Yes, he makes more money when Arsenal lose, but is he able to influence that? No, that's all up to the club

AFTV has its flaws but a well run club wouldn't make knee jerk reactions based on what a few fans who may have other interests say

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The conflict of interest is undeniable, his channel literally receives over double the views when we lose.

I just hate the way they acknowledge that they’re a big platform but do nothing to control the toxic nature of the channel. This season has really shown that players are affected by fans more than most would think.

Loves to dish out the criticism but cry like a four years olds when it’s returned. Still remember them going for Bellerin after his comments.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Getting quite heated, both guys talking over each other. Simon Jordan and Jim White are blaming Robbie for the toxicity around the club, he (rightfully imo) points out that Talksport encourage people to call in and moan about various topics just the same.

To be fair to Robbie, I think he held his own quite well.

It all depends which camp you fall into, agree with AFTV or not but both Jordan & Robbie made good points and in my opinion neither are wrong.

There is both positives and negatives, Robbie gets battered but at the same time he holds his own; 'you're only on talksport because you're controversial' :lol:, he's not wrong, he also isnt wrong in regards to talksport stirring the pot too, Talksport 100% get more listeners when discussing something controversial.

Jim White also loves discussing managers getting sacked, player transfers etc, I'd say its quite hypocritical for anyone associated with talksport to go on about this subject.

Talksport reflect whats happening in sport, AFTV does the same thing, talksports views on controversial clips are also higher than the non-controversial, they are exactly the same type of show benefitting out of the same thing.

Edit: I just have finished the whole lot - Jim White is NO different than Robbie at all, Jim White is constantly trying to trip Robbie up, constantly trying to goad him into saying controversial things, hes constantly asking Robbie about money like Jim himself and talksport dont profit from controversy.

The truest part of the whole interview is Simon calling Robbie a 'broadcaster' which indirectly puts him in the same category as all the types on talksport, also the way Simon treats Robbie at the end is pathetic and you can clearly tell he thinks hes better than him.

In my opinion, Talksport look like the mugs after this interview, they tried to embarrass Robbie, tried to bait him constantly and he held his own, I think Jim and Simon were expecting an amateur and someone in the Troopz mould, you could tell they were frustrated towards the end as they didnt get the controversial sound bite they wanted.

My whole opinion on Robbie has improved after hearing this, he started AFTV, funded the process, pays a staff of 8 and admits as the founder what is wrong with him getting his money back and then profiting on AFTV, everyone would do the exact same, there is nothing wrong with him making money from this.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I like Robbie & though he did really well sticking up for his work.

That bit Jordan said why he couldnt go to Palace hit me a bit though! Never think of stuff like that... felt bad for him even if the rest was prickish.

Reactions: CJJ

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I like Robbie & though he did really well sticking up for his work.

That bit Jordan said why he couldnt go to Palace hit me a bit though! Never think of stuff like that... felt bad for him even if the rest was prickish.

Definitely, Jordan you can tell cares deeply for Palace, the fans and the history.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Not a fan of Robbie or AFTV but to call him out on Talksport is a bit rich coming from them. They are no better than what he does on youtube. In fact I think they are worse. You have clowns like Durham on there constantly baiting Arsenal fans and creating so much negativity just so they can get calls in. Disgusting radio station.

The amount of **** that comes out of Simon Jordan's mouth alone makes it impossible to defend him. I'm actually learning towards supporting Robbie and the clowns on his youtube channel at this moment.

CJJ

Established Member
Not a fan of Robbie or AFTV but to call him out on Talksport is a bit rich coming from them. They are no better than what he does on youtube. In fact I think they are worse. You have clowns like Durham on there constantly baiting Arsenal fans and creating so much negativity just so they can get calls in. Disgusting radio station.

The amount of **** that comes out of Simon Jordan's mouth alone makes it impossible to defend him. I'm actually learning towards supporting Robbie and the clowns on his youtube channel at this moment.
Pointing fingers at Talksport saying they are as toxic is irellevant, as they don't support any particular team. Thats the point thats being made.

Robbie is a fan, yet he has a conflict of interest in the sense that his income and life's work seems to thrive when the team is doing bad. But i honestly think Robbie would rather see Arsenal thrive than making lots of money. I would just wish he'd make that point himself. To me he sounds disingenuous when he cannot accept that he has a conflic of interest.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

Agree 100%. Traditional media outlets like to dump on AFTV because they feel AFTV is infringing upon ‘their’ territory. They’re guilty of the exact same sensationalism, etc.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Never had any against the format itself necessarily, but can't stand the likes of DT and Troopz. Muppets.

They are just guys thou, neither here nor there
Dont get why they get so much attention, they are not saying anything too stupid nor that insightful

The african guy (kelechi ?) Is energetic and fun
Mo is usually Good

What I dont like is having Claude and Ty on so much.
Dont think it is right to have them on, People are laughing at them and the comments about them are horrible.
And I know "dont let the bullies set the rules but it feels wrong for Robbie to get views due to their issues.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Pointing fingers at Talksport saying they are as toxic is irellevant, as they don't support any particular team. Thats the point thats being made.

Robbie is a fan, yet he has a conflict of interest in the sense that his income and life's work seems to thrive when the team is doing bad. But i honestly think Robbie would rather see Arsenal thrive than making lots of money. I would just wish he'd make that point himself. To me he sounds disingenuous when he cannot accept that he has a conflic of interest.

Surely he would earn even more of we started performing?

Bandwagon fans!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Point about Durham is spot on, that guys whole show is based on winding fans up to call in, he says some outrageous **** just to bait fans in.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Don’t mind Ty, his ridiculousness is quite funny sometimes...Claude shouldn’t be allowed on though, seems to have some real problems.

Ty? You cannot be serious my man :lol:

He is ridiculous, he is like the stereotypical deluded fan, club water bottle and all, decked out in club merch.

He is the one who never has anything of interest to say as its just biased nonsense, the guy literally blames the weather for a loss, I would find him funny if he was playing a character but I really don't think he is..

Riou, I've seen and enjoyed your memes, I like your nostalgic wrestling videos, but this, this is one step too far!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ty? You cannot be serious my man :lol:

He is ridiculous, he is like the stereotypical deluded fan, club water bottle and all, decked out in club merch.

He is the one who never has anything of interest to say as its just biased nonsense, the guy literally blames the weather for a loss, I would find him funny if he was playing a character but I really don't think he is..

Riou, I've seen and enjoyed your memes, I like your nostalgic wrestling videos, but this, this is one step too far!

I think he is just too ridiculous to take serious, made me laugh sometimes...when he blamed the rain for a loss, the way he dresses despite being 40-ish, getting in arguments with kids at Watford over which club is bigger :lol:

Would rather listen to an annoyingly positive fan, than an annoyingly negative one.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think he is just too ridiculous to take serious, made me laugh sometimes...when he blamed the rain for a loss, the way he dresses despite being 40-ish, getting in arguments with kids at Watford over which club is bigger :lol:

Would rather listen to an annoyingly positive fan, than an annoyingly negative one.

Haha fair enough, isnt there a video out there where he almost gets in a fight with two teenage girls on a bus over football?

Or is that the Watford one?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom