• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

So he’s no long better than Bellerin? :lol:

I think a few people (including myself) said that Bellerin wouldn't automatically walk back into the team once he was fit, but when he has games like yesterday I can't see that statement standing :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think a few people (including myself) said that Bellerin wouldn't automatically walk back into the team once he was fit, but when he has games like yesterday I can't see that statement standing :lol:
Okay but that is an entirely different statement. Based in logic as well, i would say. You don't spend a year on the sidelines and then bang you're back in the mix immediately. We'll need a bit of patience with Hector..

As you say though.. at this rate my gran could probably walk into the spot so he may just shock me in that regard.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think he needs a loan to develop. Too young for us to move him on.

Black and white player, looks sensational one game and can’t struggles to control the ball in the next.

I like him though, will always back guys like AMN.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
AMN was exposed today beyond being a RB. His passing was woeful at times, considering he's a CM it should be his stronger attributes. It was due to a mixture of poor technique but more importantly dreadful concentration.

This type of casual lapses in concentration requires a huge kick up the backside. Imagine if the likes of Keown, Adams were playing with him, they would've given him a good hiding in the changing room.

I've said it before, he's not going to make it at the club. We'd do well to sell him for £10m-£15m

Malky

Established Member
Sooner Bellerin is back the better, AMN is not a fullback and the way he plays I wouldn't give him minutes in midfield. Bang average!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sooner Bellerin is back the better, AMN is not a fullback and the way he plays I wouldn't give him minutes in midfield. Bang average!

I think he’s underrated in the final third, seen as we’re short out wide I think he should be starting with Pepe and PEA in a three.

He’s got two assists already this year and his attacking game is far above Nelson’s.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If he was swiss we would have sent him back to swissland already.

OSBK

Established Member
Ox was strong, exciting and showed real potential when fit. He then joined a better team. AMN is weak, makes dreadful decisions and looks like he'd struggle to justify a place in any other PL XI.

Ox did that in his teens yes. Ox and amn suffer from the same issue, they think they are better than what they are. Ox now is average, i dont see him tearing up the league and amn is no different. Amn in his teens was a talent no doubt, then like all the other english core they believed there own hype.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
...Amn in his teens was a talent no doubt, then like all the other english core they believed there own hype.

I think it is less of them believing their own hype and more of us exaggerating their potential in the first place. when AMN was younger, while he did show some potential, I never saw anything truly exceptional. The Ox to be fair to him did show much more promise, but again probably was over hyped. Though I think he is a better player than AMN will ever become.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He got another assist against Watford, He just needs time to develop his game defensively. Teams try to target him as a 'weak spot' but I think he's got the mentality to handle it. I think Deulofeu is one of the most underrated players in the Prem. He's a very tricky winger to play against. I think AMN will get better as the season goes on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think Deulofeu is one of the most underrated players in the Prem.
Fully agree with this. He's actually a good player and believe it or not that was a pretty poor showing from him actually. Everything decent they did was through him but he was a bit selfish at times when he needed to give the ball away. Top player IMO.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He got another assist against Watford, He just needs time to develop his game defensively. Teams try to target him as a 'weak spot' but I think he's got the mentality to handle it. I think Deulofeu is one of the most underrated players in the Prem. He's a very tricky winger to play against. I think AMN will get better as the season goes on.

He will get better. But probably not good enough.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Sticking to his guns here - he is basically saying "I am not a right back". He knows hes out the team once Bellerin returns to match fitness too.

I stand by my assertion that he never should have been considered for a full back role and its harmed his development IMO. I think hes gonna go the way of Iwobi and we will sell him next Summer, hopefully to a team that will play him at CM.

We will never see the best of him at RB. His two best games (v Southampton and v Man U) were both in central midfield.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I think we might give him a go at CM against Nottingham Forest with Bellerin making a comeback at RB that game. Would be interesting seeing a midfiedl trio of Ainsley, Willock and Guendouzi in that game. I do agree with Mutable Earth that because he has been shiunted between different positions, it has stunted his development slightly. He has a good mentality and attitude though and for someone who is not a RB and has played 5 games and has 2 assists and an avergae rating of 7.17 (whoscored.com), you gotta give credit where credit is due.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Sticking to his guns here - he is basically saying "I am not a right back". He knows hes out the team once Bellerin returns to match fitness too.

I stand by my assertion that he never should have been considered for a full back role and its harmed his development IMO. I think hes gonna go the way of Iwobi and we will sell him next Summer, hopefully to a team that will play him at CM.

We will never see the best of him at RB. His two best games (v Southampton and v Man U) were both in central midfield.

Well he's gonna play more games at RB than in midfield in his senior career. I don't see how he's gonna play in CM now, he needs to start development in that role.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Honestly, talent is not the problem with AMN. He is more than capable on talent alone. But talent alone doesn't get the job done. He is just careless and lazy in some ways.
Do you think he could be an option in midfield finally? I think we need more than just Willock's physical qualities there.

Impact

Established Member
My problem with this is that it sounds like he is abdicating his responsibility by reaffirming that he is not a defender. We know that. The majority of the criticisms he faces are about parts of his game that are not position dependent e.g. concentration levels and decision-making.

I do think we need his profile in midfield though. Athletic box-to-box ball winning midfielders are pivotal in the modern game. Ainsley has all the technical and physical tools to do well in that role. Should see some game time there once Bellerin is back so we can make a proper assessment.

Think he also has to accept that if he stays at Arsenal he will always at times have to deputise in the roles that suit his skillset even if they don't suit his desired vision for himself. I mean, you never see the likes of James Milner complaining about the variety of positions he has to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom