• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

This guy is so laid back, its beyond ridiculous, he looks like he doesn't have a care in the world, and I have never ever seen him smile on the pitch, he always looks so asleep. Sometimes its good to be very calm, especially when its penalties, but I dunno he seems way too calm for me, he has very little aggression and energy. Looks so sleepy all the time, I always keep thinking that he suffers from insomnia and that maybe he is taking some sleeping pills or even valerian root which makes you drowsy. If he smiled he would crack his face.

I always get the feeling he is just going through the motions and doesn't overly care, I don't know maybe I am totally wrong, but you never see him interacting with the other players, never talking to them or laughing etc, just seems to have the same dead pan expression like he is sleepy all the time.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't know, I really want him to make it at Arsenal, but Iwobi showed a lot more than Ainsly and still got sold, so it may be time to cash in.

If this were Liverpool, we'd be selling AMN to Newcastle or Bournemouth for 40 million quid. Hopefully we can give Everton a call?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He passes backwards too much from RB, always has to turn back around. One of the reasons I hate him playing there.

I think him leaving would be good for him (not really for me, I'd like to keep him) simply because he can get a reset in his career and rebuild. He's a squad player who will never get the best out of himself because he plays where he won't see his maximum potential, has yet to improve his most glaring weakness (concentration) and doesn't seem to want to play at a higher tempo in recent games. If he does sadly leave, he should go somewhere they will play him in midfield and he can build his stock there again.

The optimum scenario is that it works out here, which it still can. But there's a lot he's got to do.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I fear you might be too optimistic Mutable. I really want him to make it here as well, but every time he gets an opportunity he's disappointing me.

Obviously the entire team is underperforming, but all the basics are wrong and his defending / positioning was way off for the first goal.

Think it's time to cash in on him, unfortunately. He could catch a decent fee on account of him being English. Think a bottom half PL team could use him.

nick gould

Is it a coincidence that we.had AMN and Callum chambers playing for our 2 away victories. They were both involved from start today and we kept a clean sheet away from home. I am probably clutching on straws here but I will take any positives at such a depressing time for the club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is it a coincidence that we.had AMN and Callum chambers playing for our 2 away victories. They were both involved from start today and we kept a clean sheet away from home. I am probably clutching on straws here but I will take any positives at such a depressing time for the club.
Some players preforming better away from home that's include Chambers and AMN.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He passes backwards too much from RB, always has to turn back around. One of the reasons I hate him playing there.

I think him leaving would be good for him (not really for me, I'd like to keep him) simply because he can get a reset in his career and rebuild. He's a squad player who will never get the best out of himself because he plays where he won't see his maximum potential, has yet to improve his most glaring weakness (concentration) and doesn't seem to want to play at a higher tempo in recent games. If he does sadly leave, he should go somewhere they will play him in midfield and he can build his stock there again.

The optimum scenario is that it works out here, which it still can. But there's a lot he's got to do.

Agree. I'd hope to have him in midfield with Arteta coming here, but at the current time we don't even have a choice but to play him as RB anyways cause everyone is injured.

He'll have to leave, he isn't a RB and never was

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was great today. Really promising talent, both physically and technically.

His problem is nailing down a position full-time, because he’s not a natural RB.
I think he is slowly improving his game at RB. If he continues with this form for the rest of the season, I would say he should enter next season as our first choice RB.
He has most of the attributes needed for RB role, and with patience and coaching he can be top quality there, but I expect more poor stuff from him until he gets there. This is the only position at Arsenal that he can take for himself and now is the chance.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I think he is slowly improving his game at RB. If he continues with this form for the rest of the season, I would say he should enter next season as our first choice RB.
He has most of the attributes needed for RB role, and with patience and coaching he can be top quality there, but I expect more poor stuff from him until he gets there. This is the only position at Arsenal that he can take for himself and now is the chance.
He goes from borderline good to terrible depending a bit on the opposition and the attacker he's up against. He needs to be a third option at most at right back and if we keep him needs to be given runs outs in his proper position. Otherwise he just gives the Kroenkes another excuse not to invest in the squad properly. He has some good qualities but I always groan when I see him on the team sheet at rb now.

Gunner-Union

He was great today. Really promising talent, both physically and technically.

His problem is nailing down a position full-time, because he’s not a natural RB.

Yet if he really studied and went all out for the rb position its his most likely way to be a starter permanently

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He goes from borderline good to terrible depending a bit on the opposition and the attacker he's up against. He needs to be a third option at most at right back and if we keep him needs to be given runs outs in his proper position. Otherwise he just gives the Kroenkes another excuse not to invest in the squad properly. He has some good qualities but I always groan when I see him on the team sheet at rb now.
That's true, that's why I'm saying we need to prepare for the incoming crap game from him.
But let's be honest on one thing here, Bellerin regressed so much that I can't see him taking his place once he is fit. That's why I'm saying IF AMN continues playing like this for the rest of the season, he should be considered first choice RB next season.
There is also a thing how Man City play Walker there, maybe Arteta comes with the same idea and that will suit AMN more than it will Bellerin

Bloodbather

Established Member

AMN is our Sergi Roberto, but not as good obviously. He's really a midfielder, but his best chance of making it in the squad as a regular is by playing right-back.

Players like him are important for a competitive team, because they can be inserted into multiple positions in case of an injury. For that reason I'd really want him to stick around long-term, but he wouldn't be out of line seeking a move elsewhere to fulfill his potential.

OSBK

Established Member
I feel the same with amn that i do chambers. As long as its not a good team they can do a job.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I dunno, he was average at best.
And I don't like his attitude - you see Martinelli running back at full speed to make a tackle in the 90th minute, and then you watch AMN strolling back to our half for 30 seconds after losing the ball in the West Ham box in the first half.

Completely agree.

I also don't get this mentality of "reserving energy" during games. You are on the pitch for 90 minutes or less, if you get tired then that's what substitutes are for. If you're fatigued then that's what a squad is for, have a rest for one match and then go again.

You also see with the elite teams that they will often sprint into position and then maybe have a quick rest while in position, where I see lower level players will have a rest out of position and then get done because they have to sprint after a player who took advantage of their poor positioning.

It is this area (positioning) where Arteta was an elite player for us and I'm really hoping he can bring that positional discipline to this team, because its the one area we really struggle.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought I'd give props to this guy. People so quick to get on his back. Did everything well and looks so much better even tucking into midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom