• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree it'll be unfair to lose his place for Hector even if Hector is much better going forward but at the moment AMN should keep his place

Bloodbather

Established Member

Arteta's arrival is doing wonders for the AMN at RB project. He's expected to cut in to the midfield in this system, and being a midfielder in origin, he excels at it.

If he can improve his overlaps, he'll seriously challenge Bellerin as the favored right-back option.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
yeah I can’t see Bellerin getting back into the starting 11 anytime soon. Hope Ainsley can have a Trent Alexander Arnold like transformation.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I think Bellerin is going to have a tough time displacing him. Him playing as a CM when we have the ball is genius by arteta. He's way better than bellerin on the ball. And because he isn't pushing too far forward he's provided great defensive cover.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ainsley was phenomenal today and I must say, he's been the biggest benefactor from Arteta ball. You could always see he had all the tools to be successful at RB but just lacked some key mental pieces like concentration, focus, discipline. This has all been assured with the right structure for him to succeed. Often he was left as an "island" under Emery and that bothered him as a natural midfielder.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

ENOfM6bXYAAiMEP

Malky

Established Member
Been critical of him but he's been excellent recently, Bellerin gets nowhere near the team over AMN right now. Bellerin isn't really a big loss anyway, lad was nothing more than pace - his crossing, and end product in general, was a dodgy as his defending.

OmegaOs

Bellerin is nothing special, nice guy though. He gets overrated because of his upbringing in La Masia but he's not too dissimilar to most fullbacks these days. The evolution of the fullback role means they're more like midfielders rather than wingers. TAA, AMN, Alphonso Davies and Kimmich, these are all the prototypes of the new types of fullbacks. I believe all of them have their education in midfield before transitioning into fullback. Even some fullbacks have transition into full time midfielders such as Partey, Fabinho and Lahm under Pep. I just think Bellerin doesn't fit this model and will unfortunately suffer.

I have to finish on this note. AMN has the best fitness in this squad. 3 intense pressing games and he has shown no signs of tiredness or cramp. He's a fantastic athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom