• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smail

I do feel for AMN, he had to cover for bellerin even though he is not a natural RB, but now it feels like he has no other place in the team when hector returns. RB back-up? he deserves a chance to prove himself in another role.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t expect him to be one of our weak links when playing out of the back with him being a midfielder. That’s a bit disappointing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I do feel for AMN, he had to cover for bellerin even though he is not a natural RB, but now it feels like he has no other place in the team when hector returns. RB back-up? he deserves a chance to prove himself in another role.
Not if he looks like he can’t pass a football. It will only be more difficult in midfield.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Happy to sell this guy next season for £20million or so. His lapses in concentration and constantly misplacing the simlipst of passes when wunder no pressure are getting silly now. No wonder he's not trusted in CM.

I was hoping that mentality would change, but it's been a year now and he still makes them, it's unacceptable. He's mentality is falling in to the same bracket as Iwobi. Tonnes of ability but lacks the mentality for the very top.

progman07

Established Member
It feels like he is stuck at a level below what we need. As mentioned already, he should be much better on the ball as an ex-midfielder, and even after so much gametime he doesn't seem to improve.

Strange, because he has the athlecism for the position, and he used to play in a position where decision-making is more difficult than as an RB.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Never rated him as a RB even though he did well at Newcastle. If Emery doesn't rate him in his natural position we should be looking to sell him for a massive fee to the likes of Bournemouth. Good for his career probably and we can sign a proper RB to compete with Bellerin.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Very solid defensively today. I cant see Bellerin deserving to back into the team ahead of the superior in every way possible AMN.

Reactions: A_G

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Very solid defensively today. I cant see Bellerin deserving to back into the team ahead of the superior in every way possible AMN.
As one of AMNs fanboys on here, come on man :lol:

I thought he was decent today though, better on the ball than last week. Bellerin cannot come back soon enough though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
AMN will probably be playing left back for a bit when Hector back & the SPL lad getting up to speed.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As one of AMNs fanboys on here, come on man :lol:

I thought he was decent today though, better on the ball than last week. Bellerin cannot come back soon enough though.

Why so we have someone who has no positinal awareness whatsoever, the weak link that thw opposition target and a player who cant cross the ball? AMN over him all day.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Thought he was amazing today, he’s impressed me in how calm he is in attacking positions and seems to make the right choice more often than not.

I hope when Bellerin comes back Emery finds a consistent first team role for him elsewhere because he’s developed so well recently.

Absolute gem of a player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was amazing today, he’s impressed me in how calm he is in attacking positions and seems to make the right choice more often than not.

I hope when Bellerin comes back Emery finds a consistent first team role for him elsewhere because he’s developed so well recently.

Absolute gem of a player.
Defo turned up today. Last week he did well defensively but was really poor in possession. Today, he saw a lot of the ball and generally used it well throughout and didn't shy away defensively either. Was a good, understated performance. Linked up well with Pepe aswell which was encouraging.

I think another role should be considered definitely. RB is a position where I still feel he is limited in a way. I'd still like to see him tested in midfield.

blaze_of_glory

He's quietly been improving as a RB for a while, and played very well today. It's going to be interesting to see how he is used once Bellerin is back fit.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The thing that is a problem with him is lacks of concentration.

Just before the stupid/idiotic tackle by Xhaka, AMN lost possession near our box as he had a lot of space.

I am all for playing it out of the back, but our players also need to be told that when you see you have no options to pass it on, just ****ing hoof it high up the pitch or out of the play.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The thing that is a problem with him is lacks of concentration.

Just before the stupid/idiotic tackle by Xhaka, AMN lost possession near our box as he had a lot of space.

I am all for playing it out of the back, but our players also need to be told that when you see you have no options to pass it on, just ****ing hoof it high up the pitch or out of the play.
I noticed this and had exactly the same thoughts.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I noticed this and had exactly the same thoughts.

Yes, that was a second or two before, AMN got easily dispossessed by Wanks who then easily passed to Son inside the box and then Xhaka lunged his stupid rash tackle.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah he was much better on the ball today but think he looked vulnerable defensively, particularly in the first half.

Son was noticeably targeting the spaces in behind him and he didn’t quite know how to deal with it.

I’m a fan of the lad but Bellerin still can’t come back quickly enough for me. This guy’s future is in midfield.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Got a wicked cross on him this lad. He’s progressing well as a RB I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom