• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Arsenal uses a GPS system for that and Saka tops Kieran and Bellerin as fastest players.
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/arsenal-fastest-player-saka-bellerin-18176695

Have no idea what they measuring there but there is no way Saka is our fastest player, not a chance. If Saka had explosive pace he would be unplayable.

On that link they also have Leighton Baines as one of the fastest players. Again I find that hard to match to the 35 year old guy who visibly lost all his pace and retired at the end of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Have no idea what they measuring there but there is no way Saka is our fastest player, not a chance. If Saka had explosive pace he would be unplayable.

On that link they also have Leighton Baines as one of the fastest players. Again I find that hard to match to the 35 year old guy who visibly lost all his pace and retired at the end of the season.
They were measuring distance covered while moving at 5.5 metres per second and above.

Harry Hunter

As of now he is the best right back at the club and they should sell Bellerin to fund midfield signings. However in the future he could move back to midfield much like Kimmich. And if the reports are true and we sign him he could learn under Partey who also can play right back. First deputising then eventually replacing him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He was a friend of the family so this was particularly devastating at the time, completely unexpected.
He was a funny guy.

I met him when I used to roll with my friends to Axe fm over a decade ago when they had a slot there. I was sad to hear he passed too, far too young.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was a funny guy.

I met him when I used to roll with my friends to Axe fm over a decade ago when they had a slot there. I was sad to hear he passed too, far too young.
Yeah, he was always hilarious and genuine. Didnt beat around the bush about anything either, 100 percent real :lol:.

Didnt get to see him all that much before he died, regrettably.
Sorry for your loss bro.
Cheers man.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Because of the cheek of it. Because of what it says about other clubs perceptions of us.

We still have that rep of being a pushover. A lot of posters here have strangely accepted that too. We have had shouts to let AMN go for £20m so we could strengthen elsewhere. People were happy to give away Sok, same with Kola. Someone suggested we should get rid of Torreira even if we get £5m for him. Someone else was happy if we got £12m for Douzi. Imagine we did that.

AMN - £20m
Douzi - £12m
Torreira - £5m
Kola - Free
Sok - Free

Sold 5 players for only £37m. That wouldn't even get us Partey. When we could realistically get.

AMN - £30M
Douzi - £20-25m
Toreira - £25m
Kola - £8-12m
Sok - £5m

That is is about £90-100m. Which suddenly makes all the difference. If clubs low ball us with derisory bids, tell them to do one. We keep the player. It is better long term to show we won't let anyone take down our pants than meekly accept very low bids which don't help us much anyway.

Edit: Saw this on another thread. Will add here to further demonstrate what a soft touch we are when it comes to getting value when selling players.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Jokes aside- I'm still enjoying a slice of humble pie because of him. His lax style and poor form convinced me he wouldn't amount to much- for some reason I ignored his better performances, e.g- his MOTM display away against Yanited in midfield against Pogba and (peak) Matic.

His ability to mark an opposition player out the game is a huge weapon for us. Mane, Traore, Sterling- you name it, he's been excellent against all of them. His utility will certainly help us out too. Mikel likes him so he'll stick around and I'm happy to have him. Our new gen are looking fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom