• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Good luck alex.

Think it was probably the best for both parties. There is a heck of a player in there somewhere. That's why I think he will do well. With Iwobi, he does all the difficult bits really well. Immaculate touch. Very good dribbler. Deceptively fast. Just comes up short with final execution. You can see it in the few games where he gets it all together. Nighmare to defend against. Will keep running at you all the time, can't really tackle him 'cos the ball is too close to his feet and he is turning and spinning in every direction.

However most games he misses that final 5%, which makes his other 95% of good work worthless. That's why I felt he should be tried more in CM. That position isn't judged disproportionately by your final pass, also it wouldn't expose one of his biggest weaknesses, he isn't a clinical finisher. Anyway not sure he will ever get it all together but if he does Everton fans will love him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I was thinking same. Definitely stagnated. When he burst on scene he had that no fear of youth about him. Slowly faded away last couple of years.

Short hair, low socks Iwobi was best Iwobi.

Nice comp

Ffs I’m crying

Impact

Established Member
You feel a special bond when a player has a story like Iwobi's. Academy boy since 6 playing for his boyhood club. He lived the dream that many of us have.

With that said, this move indicates that the club is serious about reaching the upper echelons. Iwobi was good enough to play a limited/back-up role here but was unlikely to improve to the level required to be an elite option. We sold him for great money and will reinvest to make the team better.

Many of us have high hopes for Nelson, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, Willock, Saka et al. For them to have a chance here, we have to create space and that means difficult decisions including moving on good but not great talents like Iwobi. It's part of the up or out business model of an elite team.

I wish Iwobi the absolute best but we must also remember that there is little room for sentimentality in football.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Shame he never pushed pushed and became the player he looked like when he first broke through.

Hopefully a new start at Everton will allow us to see more of the Iwobi that plays for Nigeria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom