• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
. Think prime Giroud would have a record season goal and assists wise with our current group of players.
!
And yet the same Giroud has scored 7 PL goals in the past two years since moving to Chelsea team that create far more chances than us. You hate Laca. Just come out and say so. Stop using Giroud as a red herring. Giroud is mediocre at best.

He only scored 16 goals in 13/14 despite the fact that team created chances for fun.

So how will Giroud score a 'record number' of goals in this team that is mediocre when he couldn't even hit 20 a team that had Sanchez, Prime Özil, Santi, Ramsey, Arteta and Wilshere (when he was fit).

And yet the same Giroud has scored 7 PL goals in the past two years since moving to Chelsea team that create far more chances than us. You hate Laca. Just come out and say so. Stop using Giroud as a red herring. Giroud is mediocre at best.

He only scored 16 goals in 13/14 despite the fact that team created chances for fun.

So how will Giroud score a 'record number' of goals in this team that is mediocre when he couldn't even hit 20 a team that had Sanchez, Prime Özil, Santi, Ramsey, Arteta and Wilshere (when he was fit).

I hate Laca.

But I also said I think prime Giroud would score than Laca with the current group of players. You are talking about retirement Giroud.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I hate Laca.

But I also said I think prime Giroud would score than Laca with the current group of players. You are talking about retirement Giroud.
Prime Giroud played for a team that created chances for fun but never hit 20 league goals.

Laca is not much better, but you don't have to elevate Giroud jus to bring down Laca.
Giroud was poverty.

I see that weirdo @Makingtrax is making Giroud to be a top player as a subtle way of defending Wenger.

But the truth is if we had upgraded on Giroud earlier, we would have won at least a league title

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

... prime Lacazette :drool:

Main man scoring twice that game though :drool:

2014/2015 was my fav Giroud year, even though 2015/2016 was statistical his best I think...the goal drought and Leicester winning the league, can't stand that season.

...19 goals in 36 games, that's very good.

Prime Giroud played for a team that created chances for fun but never hit 20 league goals.

Laca is not much better, but you don't have to elevate Giroud jus to bring down Laca.
Giroud was poverty.

I see that weirdo @Makingtrax is making Giroud to be a top player as a subtle way of defending Wenger.

But the truth is if we had upgraded on Giroud earlier, we would have won at least a league title

Mate if you don't agree with me then fine its all good, but don't tell me what I can do and what not.

I think prime Giroud would score more than 8 PL goals this season with crossers like Saka and Tierney. Simple as that!

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I think prime Giroud would score more than 8 PL goals this season with crossers like Saka and Tierney. Simple as that!
Giroud wouldn't!

Chelsea create more goalscoring chances than us yet he's an abysmal goal record this season.

It's all well good if you don't like Laca, I don't blame you for it. Lacazette has been quite frustrating this season but Giroud was just as bad if not worse.

It's almost as if time has erased all of Giroud's failing while here.

Leaving Giroud here for so long cost us a lot.

Giroud wouldn't!

Chelsea create more goalscoring chances than us yet he's an abysmal goal record this season.

It's all well good if you don't like Laca, I don't blame you for it. Lacazette has been quite frustrating this season but Giroud was just as bad if not worse.

It's almost as if time has erased all of Giroud's failing while here.

Leaving Giroud here for so long cost us a lot.

Again. I'm talking about prime Giroud, the best version of Giroud, the version of Giroud we compare with Laca million times on this forum. You are talking about retirement Giroud that is playing for Chelsea that nobody cares about.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Again. I'm talking about prime Giroud, the best version of Giroud, the version of Giroud we compare with Laca million times on this forum. You are talking about retirement Giroud that is playing for Chelsea that nobody cares about.
Prime Giroud never hit 20 goals for us despite playing for a team that was a lot more better than this. So how sure are you that he's going to hit a 'record' number of goals with the current crop of players we have most of whom are clearly not good

Prime Giroud never hit 20 goals for us despite playing for a team that was a lot more better than this. So how sure are you that he's going to hit a 'record' number of goals with the current crop of players we have?

I think we didn't play to Giroud's strength. I think with better crossers he would score more goals! He would easily score more than 8 PL goals this season. I think he could also probably break his record with current group of players and if the team had better first half this season!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Giroud always did seem to go against our style of play, I think Wenger even realised that using Welbeck, Walcott and Alexis there before signing Laca and Auba but a lot of the time Giroud just proved himself to be more dependable for whatever reason, Welbeck was never prolific, Walcott similar where as a CF he could look unreal for a few games but then would go off the boil, also injuries didn't help and Alexis apparently just didn't want to play there so even if we went with these options Giroud would always end up back at CF. It's a funny one tho, Giroud was never brought in with the intention of him being our first choice striker it just kinda ended up that way and he ended up always back as first choice even after periods being out of favour. Think it also went in his favour that Welbeck and Walcott had various injuries. In a perfect world he would've been our plan B.

Giroud always did seem to go against our style of play, I think Wenger even realised that using Welbeck, Walcott and Alexis there before signing Laca and Auba but a lot of the time Giroud just proved himself to be more dependable for whatever reason, Welbeck was never prolific, Walcott similar where as a CF he could look unreal for a few games but then would go off the boil, also injuries didn't help and Alexis apparently just didn't want to play there so even if we went with these options Giroud would always end up back at CF. It's a funny one tho, Giroud was never brought in with the intention of him being our first choice striker it just kinda ended up that way and he ended up always back as first choice even after periods being out of favour. Think it also went in his favour that Welbeck and Walcott had various injuries. In a perfect world he would've been our plan B.

I always hated when we tried to play for 80 minutes with Giroud in the team and try to score tiki-taka goals but when Giroud was subbed off for Welbeck or Walcott then all suddenly our full-backs started crossing the ball into the penalty area.

I think better crossers in our full back positions would have made Giroud more of a weapon for sure!

Quick question. Who do you think has taken part in more beautiful goals for Arsenal: Giroud or Laca?

Tir Na Nog

I always hated when we tried to play for 80 minutes with Giroud in the team and try to score tiki-taka goals but when Giroud was subbed off for Welbeck or Walcott then all suddenly our full-backs started crossing the ball into the penalty area.

I think better crossers in our full back positions would have made Giroud more of a weapon for sure!

Quick question. Who do you think has taken part in more beautiful goals for Arsenal: Giroud or Laca?

Beauty is subjective, however my mind always goes back to Wilshere's goal vs Norwich, or Rosicky's goal vs Sunderland where Giroud played crucial roles in setting up both goals. Of course his scorpion kick will stand the tests of time too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Beauty is subjective, however my mind always goes back to Wilshere's goal vs Norwich, or Rosicky's goal vs Sunderland where Giroud played crucial roles in setting up both goals. Of course his scorpion kick will stand the tests of time too.
That scorpion kick was something else :lol:

Tir Na Nog

That scorpion kick was something else :lol:

He's scored some outrageous goals which don't often reflect his play-style, but he's also had some glorious touches and links up well. He's a weird one. You watch him a lot of the time and you think he's just a big brute centre forward with no real quality but then he surprises you with moments of class. I remember that game vs Bayern Munich which we won 2-0, tightly marked and he produced one of the most majestic first touches under pressure I've ever seen. As for some of his goals, it's like someone said, if he showed his grandchildren a compilation of his best goals they'd think he was better than Pele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom