Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

I’m so tempted to start the Laca/Giroud debate again after this comment but I’m actually gonna show self control for once.

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

[​IMG]

Camron and American_Gooner like this.
  3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

How much do you smoke mate?

4. Trilly

Only on weekends now tbh.

The stoneover I get if I smoke makes weekday mornings (for work) a bit unpleasant unless I have a coffee but I don't want to have to rely on coffee so yeah.

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Giroud had the advantage of being made of Adamantium X and never ever being injured, while Welbeck and Walcott's careers are littered with injuries. That's a good chunk of the reason why he was so dependable. That, and he was a decent target man all things considering.

No, I was not a fan, but he had his positives.

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I thought Lacazette would be a bigger upgrade to be honest. He's about the same level I'd say - and that's coming from someone that really didn't **** with Giroud at all. I think Laca is better at making the ball stick despite being smaller, but Giroud rather incredibly had better movement in the box. Laca is hardly ever in good positions to shoot, and his pure striking is one of his biggest strengths but he doesn't maximize it well enough at all. I've given Laca the benefit of the doubt a lot just because of how content I was with Giroud being gone but this season in particular he's really tanked.

7. BigPoppaPump

I don’t even rate Giroud myself and that celebration he did made me wanna punch a wall so I can’t be bothered really.

Trilly likes this.
  8. BigPoppaPump

I always say he plays his best football in the box letting off shots but he ain’t got the pace or stamina to run into the box from deep too many times a game. He has no athleticism or stamina really, it’s what holds him back.

9. hydrofluoric acid

That is what bothers me most about "he is elite link-up player". You watch him do some alright link-up play between the penalty area and halfway line. But when a low cross comes into the 6-yard box Laca is nowhere to be found close to it. He is somewhere just entering the penalty box and barely can breathe.

Its very rare you see Laca managing to attack the near post like Giroud and Persie did on a constant basis.

GeorgiaGunner and BigPoppaPump like this.
  10. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He scored some pretty acrobatic goals considering. Flukey as they looked - Scorpion and overhead kicks.

11. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

Giroud would have been unbelievable in this current team, nailed on starting cf. auba and Pepe (finally?) cutting in, Tierney and Saka pinging in balls :drool:

instead we somehow got two bigger bums. At least one has age on his side

12. BigPoppaPump

I meant Lacazette

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  13. BigPoppaPump

I love coffee but it gives me the maddest diarrhoea so i had to quit.

Macho and Trilly like this.
  14. Trilly

Ahh thanks for that info bro.

15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Right I've gone him a lot of flack but this is a reminder of what he's capable of, cannot wait for him to tear Sp**s apart. :drool:

16. BigPoppaPump

This is for people who say his role isn’t to score goals, he’s just bad at it. That first touch is the worst thing I’ve seen.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  17. hydrofluoric acid

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA SO ****ING BAD! :rofl::lol:

Sorry guys, I try to laugh very hard so I don't have to cry. This is so sad. How did we pay 50 M for him. :rofl:

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  18. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

That miss against Sp**s last season was unforgivable ffs.

That’s what we get for playing Auba out wide for this bum.

19. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

20. hydrofluoric acid

Doesn't wipe out 3 years of being terrible.

I still say we sell him for 20-30 M this summer.