• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And yet he still won't say "I want him to stay" like he did whenever asked about Auba or Saka. Good man management from Teta, reminiscent of Wenger. Praise the player so you don't lose him mentally while keeping the market open for the summer.

As well as Laca is playing, if we had a centre forward that could win headers or run in behind and hold the ball up to get us up the pitch, think about how much pressure we could alleviate.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Superb stuff from Lacazette. No nicknames from me today. He was absolutely excellent. When he's got a bit of confidence he's a completely different animal. Worked really hard, linked up well, just in general doing what you'd want from him. In fact today was the day Auba-Laca-Pepe finally worked as well as it seems on paper.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Played with that arrogance and poise he had in his first two seasons - I hope this form is here to stay.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really worked hard today when we needed him to hold the ball and start counter he done it very well.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Great performance tonight, really giving us a challenge on his future this summer with his form these past few games.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
2 unbelievable shifts he's put in this week. Passing was excellent tonight

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It shouldn't be tbh, just poor/low effort post.

Although, we were largely led to believe we signed Luiz for 2 years which turned out to be incorrect so yeah - media lying is definitely a thing.
1+1 isn't really different to two though is it? especially when its a club option

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If Laca could play at his current level and not be knackered after 60 minutes, he'd be really important going forwards. Maybe the club can get him to take a post covid pay cut on any renewal?

Otherwise tis time to start leaving the lonely planet guide to Turin in his kitbag

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If Laca could play at his current level and not be knackered after 60 minutes, he'd be really important going forwards. Maybe the club can get him to take a post covid pay cut on any renewal?

Otherwise tis time to start leaving the lonely planet guide to Turin in his kitbag

Tbf he put in an insane amount of work tonight, was absolutely key to nearly everything. He was under pressure normally surrounded by 2-3 players and still nearly always got out of it and moved the ball forward. He was pressing everything, covering back, and always making himself available for a pass out of defence. Hes also played how many games recently doing the same? If we can keep possesion better and start playing him in the box he'll last 90 minutes easily.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Really doing a good job as a false-9. If he keeps himself in shape and motivated he's clearly a very positive contributor in that role.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Tbf he put in an insane amount of work tonight, was absolutely key to nearly everything. He was under pressure normally surrounded by 2-3 players and still nearly always got out of it and moved the ball forward. He was pressing everything, covering back, and always making himself available for a pass out of defence. Hes also played how many games recently doing the same? If we can keep possesion better and start playing him in the box he'll last 90 minutes easily.

I didn't really mean it as a criticism of him per se. More that he's not the most natural athlete, and is still learning when to press and when to hold. Its also a reflection of the fact that he has struggled for full peak fitness for most of this season due to the lack of pre-season. Accordingly, we don't yet know what his ceiling is in this style, but if this is his ceiling, he shouldn't be a long term priority to renew his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom