• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

lol selling Lacazette is not a "smart decision", I mean who would you replace him with? You need to spend a minimum of 50m for a replacement on his caliber, and that "replacement" might or might not settle in Arsenal, so its does not even warranty a "replace and win" solution.

As for people complaining about Lacazette output,

1st, our midfield is the sole reason, heavily lacking in creativity.

2nd, while Aubameyang's role is no doubt an inside forward, but he is actual main man of this arsenal team. In other words, Aubameyang occupies his space, so obviously he will gets less chance to score.

Still that's not necessary a bad thing, Lacazette's ability to link up play still play a crucial part, especially when Özil is being frozen.

Edouard
Jovic
Arthur Cabral
Thuram
Depay
Azmoun
Avila
Carlos Vinicius

Anyone of them is good enough to replace Lacazette. All would cost well under 50M too.

moloso

Doesn't have to be replaced by an "elite" player, as quite clearly he isn't elite himself.

We just need a better player and one that actually has the skillset to play the role that he is currently playing.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lol selling Lacazette is not a "smart decision", I mean who would you replace him with? You need to spend a minimum of 50m for a replacement on his caliber, and that "replacement" might or might not settle in Arsenal, so its does not even warranty a "replace and win" solution.

As for people complaining about Lacazette output,

1st, our midfield is the sole reason, heavily lacking in creativity.

2nd, while Aubameyang's role is no doubt an inside forward, but he is actual main man of this arsenal team. In other words, Aubameyang occupies his space, so obviously he will gets less chance to score.

Still that's not necessary a bad thing, Lacazette's ability to link up play still play a crucial part, especially when Özil is being frozen.

We need to get away from this notion that our players are irreplaceable. If you do not consider age and contract situation, there are literally 3 senior players who are not replaceable. One is Aubamayang and the other 32 are goalkeepers.

Lacazette doesn't do anything that seems him irreplaceable. In fact, I would argue that he is one of the main players we need to upgrade on as a better player there would add so much more to the team and bring the best out of Pepe and Auba.

It would not cost 50 million to replace him. 35 million at best. Edouard is the prime example. Tall, incredibly fast, strong, capable of beating players for pace and dribbling I tight situations. Able to compete serially, shooting ability off either foot, can link play and see a pass, scores for absolute fun.

He would cost 35 million and is better than Lacazette in every department. Lacazette has proven that he can work hard and fail to score away from home on a consistent basis and also struggle when he has any sort of injury.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette out, Edouard in would be immense.

Auba/Edouard/Pepe is a (very) poor mans Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale, where Auba is the goalscorer, Edouard links play and holds the ball and Pepe provides 1v1 and crossing threat.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Edouard
Jovic
Arthur Cabral
Thuram
Depay
Azmoun
Avila
Carlos Vinicius

Anyone of them is good enough to replace Lacazette. All would cost well under 50M too.
You're deluded if you think Jovic would cost well under 50 mil. The amount of people not in touch with reality in this thread is disturbing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Edouard
Jovic
Arthur Cabral
Thuram
Depay
Azmoun
Avila
Carlos Vinicius

I think we should steer clear of Jovic, I think he would face the same problems (lack of pace/power/physicality) Lacazette faces. Same goes for Depay.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we should steer clear of Jovic, I think he would face the same problems (lack of pace/power/physicality) Lacazette faces. Same goes for Depay.
Depay's strength is his pace and Power.

But you're right though. We should steer clear of all of them. None of them are significantly better. We need to completely upgrade on Laca with Better quality not with bums or players not much better.

I think we should use next season to assess. We might just be lucky, Laca might go back to 18/19 form.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How do you rate Firmino?
Not that highly but I wouldn’t compare him to Lacazette. For one he was never trained as a striker, Lacazette was. We bought Lacazette hoping he could score 20 goals, he’s unable to do that and so fans created a narrative that he’s our “Firmino” when in actuality he’s a failure.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm worried that Laca is the source of all of Auba's powers. Not sure where we can find him a bro as good as him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Remember when there was a discussion about who is least **** of Lukaku, Morata and Laca?

I don’t remember who won, but we are definitely the loosers
United were the winners. They were the first to realise Lukaku wasn't good enough and got their money back. Chelsea 2nd they loaned out Morata but got half their money back. Arsenal finished last but fans will deluded themselves into thinking Laca was a great buy cos he's the new Firmino.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Man U and Chelsea should never be examples of striker recruitment, neither of them know what they are doing.

Man U got lucky with Greenwood and apart from Costa, Chelsea have never come close to replacing Drogba. Both have failed whenever they have hit the market so far.

Our forwards work, this forum/people just don’t like them - there’s definitely better in the world no doubt, but most of you have preference issues rather than genuine concerns. Midfield and Central defence need to be addressed before that front 3 gets tampered with really and truly. Most of you don’t have a clue.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Let’s get off Lacazette’s back, we just won the FA Cup no need to be dragging the players right now, we’ve been doing that all season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Man U and Chelsea should never be examples of striker recruitment, neither of them know what they are doing.

Man U got lucky with Greenwood and apart from Costa, Chelsea have never come close to replacing Drogba. Both have failed whenever they have hit the market so far.

Our forwards work, this forum/people just don’t like them - there’s definitely better in the world no doubt, but most of you have preference issues rather than genuine concerns. Midfield and Central defence need to be addressed before that front 3 gets tampered with really and truly. Most of you don’t have a clue.
Exactly. It's not like our midfield is creating chances. We need to address chance creation and our defense before we think of replacing Laca.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Exactly. It's not like our midfield is creating chances. We need to address chance creation and our defense before we think of replacing Laca.
Our midfielders needs to be upgraded, I agree.

But big part of them not being able to create, is because of our forwards.

What do you need for creating? You need passing options, which you need dominating possession, which you need to create overload, which you need players 1) who are good at passing, 2) be great in ball control in tight areas, 3) always comes to the ball to offer passing options instead of always focusing on off the ball movement (auba, laca and Özil are poor at this)

This team is so broken we need our van persie, sanchez, arshavin, Nasri, Hleb, Rosicky, Cazorla back. Never support the purchase of auba, laca and Özil.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Watch this video and continue mocking Lacazette's 'imaginary hold-up play'

This video really isn't impressive lmao, makes Arteta's build up play look like struggle football. Our players just don't have a good touch or controls or even any capable passers tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom