Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Think Firmino is the better player, but is Laca really as slow as being made out here?

Both are kinds of False nines, that's were the comparisons are made I think...though I suppose Roberto is kind of inbetween RVP and Laca in terms of quality.

2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Lacazette isn’t really a false 9 though, it’s a myth. He’s at his best playing in the box scrapping for balls and scoring from tight angles, tryna have him create for others and he will look bad out there.

3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Laca is nor a false 9 half the time hes the reason we lose the ball passing is hit and miss . His strengths are his shooting.

Symbia and BigPoppaPump like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

This guy is almost 30 and has done f all at Arsenal, it’s time to cash in.

GDeep™ likes this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Still think if we had goalscoring wingers like Mane and Salah instead of playmaking ones we have mostly had since he was here, he would look a lot better...he does play like a false nine, he drops deep quite a lot.

Wish he got more time playing with Sanchez, as they looked pretty good together despite Alexis mentally being else where those six months.

6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

He definitely likes to drop deep but he was told by Wenger to stay closer to the box , because let's face everyone else was a level above him on the ball . Emery came in and told him to roam .

Artisan likes this.
  7. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

The FIFA game had him as one of the fastest players back in his Lyon days. Similar to doumbia when he joined Newcastle, you watch these guys and wonder how those working on the game came about those pace stats.

Artisan likes this.
  8. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Good to have our targets prepared for the international break. All this laca talk is nothing but a time wasting mechanism.

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

The player he was on games like Fifa and Football Manager before we signed him, portrayed him as a very different player to the one we eventually got...very weird.

10. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

I wonder if his injuries recently have had a really bad effect on his pace. Cause hes not supposed to be slow

11. BigPoppaPump

He was slow from the first day he arrived.

Gooner1988TK, RunTheTrap and GDeep™ like this.
  12. UpTheGunnerz

Did he not arrive with a knee problem tho

13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Did he become slow or did we just overrate his pace because we were watching him in France?

PL is much more quicker and stronger.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  14. UpTheGunnerz

Probably the latter. Looked proper pacy when i watched him boss Europa League against Salah's Roma.

15. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Interesting point. Pepe looks a lot slower than he did in France too.

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Not sure why people haven't seen this long ago. Gervinho also looked faster in france..

17. UpTheGunnerz

Speaking of Gervinho, he is brilliant at Parma. Happy for him

Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Possibly because it's not just about speed, even though that's what first gets noticed. Players like Mbappe and Hazard have the balance and strength to hold off challenges while running at speed - especially after the first 10 yards. Henry did so prior to them as well, so players like that look rapid anywhere.

krengon, Toby Andrl and Mark Tobias like this.
  19. Mark Tobias

Top point.

Big Poppa likes this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Me too, i wanted it to work for him but he frustrated me so much here