• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I still think we'll get a back-up striker. There are so many games to rely only on him and Eddie.

What? No way. We have Auba and even Pepe who can be emergency back-up there. Then there is TJJ too. Martinelli coming back next year.

We have enough wingers now to move Auba central if necessary.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
What? No way. We have Auba and even Pepe who can be emergency back-up there. Then there is TJJ too. Martinelli coming back next year.

We have enough wingers now to move Auba central if necessary.
TJJ has been loaned out
But yeah, agree with you. We don't need a striker unless Laca leaves.

BobP

Memri Fan
Our current lack of numbers in midfield area means that Laca is being double teamed by the marking defender and the spare midfielder.

A switch to a midfield 3 would probably take the heat off of Laca and make it easier for him to hold the ball up.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Positive that he got an away goal already, hopefully that's a monkey off his back.. Fitness wise he looks way off pace compared to end of the season, which doesn't really make sense so I might have just been imagining it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Edouard would bring more out of Auba. He is comfortable moving wide allowing Auba to move infield. He is also so much quicker than lacazette that when Auba gets to the byline Edouard would have the pace to get ahead of his marker with ease. Add to the fact that when he receives the ball, he is fully capable of turning and running away from players.

Keeping Laca wouldn't be smart. I'm not high on his performance to be honest. Made a few good tackles coming back on the blind side. Held the ball up well sometimes, lost it as well when he shouldn't have, completed 1 dribble. Edouard averages 7 per game. Scored a tap in. Missed a tap in. Genuinely need to upgrade on him. He is just comfortable picking up his wages and chilling with his friends. Eddie is good enough to push him out of the 11. I like Eddie, but Edouard is a much better player and I'd rather they were competing for a starting spot than Laca.
For the record everyone, Edouard is doing all that vs part-time plumbers before you get hyped by this one-sided sales pitch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol: - if we can improve on Lacazette I'm sure almost everyone would be up for it.

But yeah, it not quite the given that Edouard is the answer to our prayers. Yes, yes I know Tierney - but by all accounts he was scouted for years.

drippin

As I've said before, nothing wrong with a tap in!

4ewehd.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Positive that he got an away goal already, hopefully that's a monkey off his back.. Fitness wise he looks way off pace compared to end of the season, which doesn't really make sense so I might have just been imagining it.

Yeah thought his hold up play improved tremendously end of the season but yesterday his touch was letting him down again

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He does look a bit sluggish, but he always gives his all, and got a nice little poachers goal to get off the mark. Can't complain.

drippin

Not commentating on his overall fitness levels but he did start pre-season this year later the other players. May have contributed to his sluggish play.

Good point. Another thing to consider is that maybe Arteta orders him to put everything on the field until 70th minute or so, because we have Nketiah to substitute.

We usually substitute CF, RW & some other position depending on things/injuries. CF has to press a lot.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom