• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't hate the guy or anything, he's had some good moments but I can't understand the physical / conditioning issues he seems to have.

It's been pretty much that way since day 1 here. It's like he's been on his last legs physically since he's been 26. Very weird. You'd think he's 33-34 as opposed to 29.

Was going to post something similar. I get annoyed in match threads and he is basically useless now but his body has let him down. He has aged very quickly. Not sure I've seen a pro deteriorate so quickly? He looks much older than 29...

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Was going to post something similar. I get annoyed in match threads and he is basically useless now but his body has let him down. He has aged very quickly. Not sure I've seen a pro deteriorate so quickly? He looks much older than 29...

Maybe he's just one of those body types that ages quickly, like a Rooney?

Personally I'd like to see him try and drop a bit of weight, he is quite bulky. Maybe that might help him a bit with stamina issues.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wanted to sell him 2 summers ago and bring in Zaha but people kept saying "Why sell our PotS" Thats another thing, that should have gone to Auba for winning (sharing) the Golden Boot. Anyway it was clear that Laca was not up to it but as always we cling on until they have no value. Even last summer we may have got £20m, now we wont even get £10m.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sanchez had a pretty quick drop off too, look how good he was for us and Chile, then he suddenly became crap really.

Sometimes players just hit the wall earlier than you would think they should, certainly seems to be the case for Laca.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe he's just one of those body types that ages quickly, like a Rooney?

Personally I'd like to see him try and drop a bit of weight, he is quite bulky. Maybe that might help him a bit with stamina issues.
You can tell he's one of those guys who would pack on loads of muscle in the gym. More of a strongman than an endurance athlete and then the role he plays for us just magnifies that lack of natural stamina.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think way too much is made of his stamina. It's not a strength but working up a sweat and shallow breathing is part of sports, everybody does it.

I do hope he is moved on this summer, not cause I even think he's horrible but the complaining is just immense. @BigPoppaPump has somehow convinced you all the guy is fat when he's skinny as hell for example, it's actually kind of hilarious.

Although we've seen it with Giroud, Özil and etc I guess it will just be someone else.

Trying to work out who it will be.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You can tell he's one of those guys who would pack on loads of muscle in the gym. More of a strongman than an endurance athlete and then the role he plays for us just magnifies that lack of natural stamina.

Well put. The guy looks like he's pretty jacked up but I don't think that's exactly beneficial for most footballers. It's going to exacerbate any natural stamina issues he has. He could do with chilling out on the bodybuilder front a bit.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He looks like a pub player.

Whe signing Laca I actually thought he was quick which he wasn't but more shockingly for me I thought he had good technique and touch, which would improve our link up play over giroud.

Instewd throughout his arsenal career his one touch passing has been absymal, control erratic and takes too long to pul the trigger.

Watching balogun come on and score like a proper CF was a delight to see. One touch control, swiwal and bang.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think way too much is made of his stamina. It's not a strength but working up a sweat and shallow breathing is part of sports, everybody does it.

I do hope he is moved on this summer, not cause I even think he's horrible but the complaining is just immense. @BigPoppaPump has somehow convinced you all the guy is fat when he's skinny as hell for example, it's actually kind of hilarious.

Although we've seen it with Giroud, Özil and etc I guess it will just be someone else.

Trying to work out who it will be.

I didn't convince anyone of it, I've been saying it for years and people were arguing against me until Lacazette himself gave them no choice with his abysmal performances. Look at how slow and tired he is every game. I do agree he's not fat, he just plays like he is.

I think you just personally like players and it clouds your judgement and you just don't like them being criticized. But not all of us are obsessed with these players looking up who they are friends with and what they do in their spare time. We just judge what's on the pitch.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I didn't convince anyone of it, I've been saying it for years and people were arguing against me until Lacazette himself gave them no choice with his abysmal performances. Look at how slow and tired he is every game. I do agree he's not fat, he just plays like he is.

I think you just personally like players and it clouds your judgement and you just don't like them being criticized. But not all of us are obsessed with these players looking up who they are friends with and what they do in their spare time. We just judge what's on the pitch.
he wants his Mars bars

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I didn't convince anyone of it, I've been saying it for years and people were arguing against me until Lacazette himself gave them no choice with his abysmal performances.
You were saying it even at the time when he played well, which wasn't fair really

BigPoppaPump

You were saying it even at the time when he played well, which wasn't fair really

Yeah but this proves my point that I didn't convince anyone to turn on him it was his own performances. Everyone was arguing with me even when he was playing bad, people were desperate for him to succeed.

I don't think he's ever been good for us tbh, he was just popular which made everyone hype him up. Auba should've won player of the year that season everyone knows this.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think you just personally like players and it clouds your judgement and you just don't like them being criticized.
I don't like Xhaka and I defend him too when people say he has zero redeeming qualities. I am indifferent to most of these players, I have seen better come and go.

I actually didn't defend Lacazette I even said he needs to go, but you and others will just find someone else I think which was my point.

You're never gonna get 11 world class players on the pitch and I am not sure some of you realise this. Just nitpick at hairlines and dance moves and who knows what else.

BigPoppaPump

I don't like Xhaka and I defend him too when people say he has zero redeeming qualities. I am indifferent to most of these players, I have seen better come and go.

I actually didn't defend Lacazette I even said he needs to go, but you and others will just find someone else I think which was my point.

You're never gonna get 11 world class players on the pitch and I am not sure some of you realise this. Just nitpick at hairlines and dance moves and who knows what else.

You never go as hard defending Xhaka as you do Laca/Pepe lol literally everyday you're calling out other people for not rating them as highly as you do. You were defending him in that post I replied to :lol: don't think I've ever read a post of you defending Xhaka.

I think you just have more of a personal connection to players because you research them know who they're friends with what they do in their free time what their favourite colour is etc while the rest of us just watch the game I think that's where the disconnect comes from. Then you blame me for everyone not rating Lacazette like his slow tired performances are my fault.

You think there's no issues with his stamina when he gets subbed off in practically every game he plays, rarely makes the whole 90 and is exhausted after one half. That's a bit fanboyish to me tbh.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Everyone was arguing with me even when he was playing bad, people were desperate for him to succeed.
But there was no way of telling it if he would continue to play well as he did at the beginning of Emery's era, or he would become a bum who can't do anything.

OK, knowing what we know today, you were right on him and I was wrong, but it could still be a lucky guess from your side. There was nothing suggesting at the time he would become what he is today, I don't think even you expected that he would fall so low

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You never go as hard defending Xhaka as you do Laca/Pepe lol literally everyday you're calling out other people for not rating them as highly as you do. You were defending him in that post I replied to :lol: don't think I've ever read a post of you defending Xhaka.

I think you just have more of a personal connection to players because you research them know who they're friends with what they do in their free time what their favourite colour is etc while the rest of us just watch the game I think that's where the disconnect comes from. Then you blame me for everyone not rating Lacazette like his slow tired performances are my fault.

You think there's no issues with his stamina when he gets subbed off in practically every game he plays, rarely makes the whole 90 and is exhausted after one half. That's a bit fanboyish to me tbh.
I'm too tired :lol:

You're the one who gets at them for dancing, their trims, their buttocks - not me.

BigPoppaPump

But there was no way of telling it if he would continue to play well as he did at the beginning of Emery's era, or he would become a bum who can't do anything.

OK, knowing what we know today, you were right on him and I was wrong, but it could still be a lucky guess from your side. There was nothing suggesting at the time he would become what he is today, I don't think even you expected that he would fall so low

He's been like that his whole Arsenal career, just before he had Özil, Monreal and Ramsey carrying him with more experienced managers. Now he has to be the star and you see what he really brings to the table.

When you cost a lot of money people really hope you succeed so we tend to overrate new signings performances because of the investment, that's what happened with Lacazette. Now that's worn off and people see him for what he is.

BigPoppaPump

I'm too tired :lol:

You're the one who gets at them for dancing, their trims, their buttocks - not me.

You know how I get when it comes to Lacazette shouldn't have @'d me :lol:

Also I made a couple jokes about Lacazette whining on CBs and people calling it link up play like 2 years ago and now I have this reputation as some arse fiend :facepalm: I resent it tbh. My point was people like him cos of trims and dancing (popularity contest) not cos of what he did on the pitch, they just thought he was cool for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom