• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What did you think of Henry when he was here? Did you ever call him the best striker in the world at any point or was there always someone out there better? Same question to Hydro

Did Henry's fading hairline towards the end bother you? @hydrofluoric acid

I think you still live in the days where the best players played for Arsenal. Can't believe you're comparing these current guys to Theirry Henry :lol:

BigPoppaPump

I just wish Pepe had a more dominant personality and confidence, it would take him a long way of being a player that could actually receive the ball at the edge of the final third and the opposition team would instantly be on backfoot. Even with his weird dribbling skills.

The idea from his fan here is that he needs to be on the edge of the box for the whole game and wait for service puts him in Walcott category for me. The same idea seems to apply for Laca who seems like he can't run any longer for the rest of his life and Auba who is of course deadliest in front of the goal and all suddenly we have over 200 M worth of attackers that struggle to contribute to the attack and just wants to be at end of it.

Aubameyang is a proven goalscorer though he does the job if you create chances for him. Lacazette is useless, Pepe isn't worth 72m but at least he has qualities. Just needs a proper coach to get the best out of him which isn't Arteta.

What did you think of Henry when he was here? Did you ever call him the best striker in the world at any point or was there always someone out there better? Same question to Hydro

Did Henry's fading hairline towards the end bother you? @hydrofluoric acid

Fading hairlines have never bothered me. Not even with Laca. I don't even think Laca is fat, he just plays like one. My main issue with Laca is that he is just not good striker or a footballer. I don't rate him, no matter how hard I try!

I loved Henry. Amazing goal scorer with the stamina to celebrate his goals with dances!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think you still live in the days where the best players played for Arsenal. Can't believe you're comparing these current guys to Theirry Henry :lol:
I am a tad senile, but I was more wondering if you got at Henry for his lack of headed goals or his supposed record against big teams, I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

Wasn't comparing him to the current crop at all even I could admit they are bums in comparison. Although I don't think Auba looks completely out of place in the invincibles. He atleast get's bench like Wiltord or something.

BigPoppaPump

I am a tad senile, but I was more wondering if you got at Henry for his lack of headed goals or his supposed record against big teams, I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

Wasn't comparing him to the current crop at all even I could admit they are bums in comparison. Although I don't think Auba looks completely out of place in the invincibles. He atleast get's bench like Wiltord or something.

I never said Auba was rubbish, just that I'd prefer a proper wing on the left rather than a striker. You didn't have to jump out the window and get defensive lol that's a fair thing to say.

Why would I get onto Henry when he was the best player in the world and top scorer in the league and just all around amazing? He was a hero to me and I was a kid back then. I rate guys like Henry, RVP, Alexis guys that are actually world class not the Lacazette's of the world. You act like I never praise Arsenal players but got onto me for rating Rob Holding :lol:

If I was talking about Giroud instead you wouldn't be getting so hurt, I just think you're bias.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I don't like Laca anymore. But when was Giroud consistent? Didn't he have long periods where he didn't score at all?

His droughts cost us a title. Giroud padded his numbers for us with the odd game here and there when he put some relegation candidate to the sword.

In 2015-16 he didn't score for 15 premier league games. Think about that, almost half the season without a goal

I can't find it now but Sky had up a graphic a few years back of the longest goal droughts for Arsenal strikers. Giroud was first and second on that list.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I never said Auba was rubbish, just that I'd prefer a proper wing on the left rather than a striker. You didn't have to jump out the window and get defensive lol that's a fair thing to say.

Why would I get onto Henry when he was the best player in the world and top scorer in the league and just all around amazing? He was a hero to me and I was a kid back then. I rate guys like Henry, RVP, Alexis guys that are actually world class not the Lacazette's of the world. You act like I never praise Arsenal players but got onto me for rating Rob Holding :lol:

If I was talking about Giroud instead you wouldn't be getting so hurt, I just think you're bias.
I'm partially on the wind up, I knew you'd start attacking if I started asking stupid stuff.

Believe it or not, I'm not happy with our front line - I stick my neck out and they routinely let me down. I think some of you go OTT though.

Rob Holding is random :lol:, I think he's alright myself but I don't honestly think you rate him.

BigPoppaPump

I'm partially on the wind up, I knew you'd start attacking if I started asking stupid stuff.

Believe it or not, I'm not happy with our front line - I stick my neck out and they routinely let me down. I think some of you go OTT though.

Rob Holding is random :lol:, I think he's alright myself but I don't honestly think you rate him.

Lol that makes sense I thought you were turning tarded there for a second.

I feel for you guys that defend these players for them to constantly let you down, kind of sad they need to do it for the fans.

I do rate Holding think he's a really good player, had to back him more because everyone was sh*tting on him but now it's become popular to praise him which shows how easy it is for people to flip flop.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good goal and looked like a footballer as he wasn't being asked to go up and down the pitch and then knackered after 30 minutes. I still don't rate him but if we play him like tonight, it might not be like playing a man down

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
With that goal today I really hope that adds some money to his transfer price. He was good today but he’s not a serious option at 10 in the Premier League

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well he definitely deserves some praise after tonight's game. Does it change my mind about him? No!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we need to try him this role in league behind auba and tow natural wingers maybe it'll be the way you make auba laca work. Anyway we got nothing to lose but hopefully he keep his performance up in europa at least he start the season well but disappointing after 3 games

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think we need to try him this role in league behind auba and tow natural wingers maybe it'll be the way you make auba laca work. Anyway we got nothing to lose but hopefully he keep his performance up in europa at least he start the season well but disappointing after 3 games
Auba and Laca worked upfront together before it’s nothing new.

Arteta just wanted to reinvent the wheel and we’ve had to watch him do it and slowly come to the same conclusion.

I don’t see us doing this with Laca in the league anyways.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba and Laca worked upfront together before it’s nothing new.

Arteta just wanted to reinvent the wheel and we’ve had to watch him do it and slowly come to the same conclusion.

I don’t see us doing this with Laca in the league anyways.
you either put 2 natural strikers in their position or play 1 of them auba on LW and Laca as CF would never work i don't know why manager did insist with it but if you put Laca Auba upfront with 2 natural wingers like Saka Willian/Pepe it'll give us alot of options i think we should try that seeing we got no number 10 and it's not going to change the shape of the team from 4-3-3 to 4-4-1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom