<

Alexandre Lacazette: Alexandre The Grate

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Lady_Gooner, Jul 19, 2020.

1. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

a striker should be able to run fast, head the ball, strike cleanly with short backlift, hold up the ball and harass centrebacks. Both of our strikers together cant do these.

Just play Nketiah .. had enough of these bums who need a whole strategy devised for getting them in the one optimum position that they can score in/

2. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Agree, but nketiah is just as limited.
    We need Martinelli.

3. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

martinelli is not an option right now and is short and cannot harass centrebacks..or hold up play.. but yeah, maybe still better than these two if he can stay fit and consistent.

Football Manager likes this.
  4. Football Manager

You have forgotten about Xavi Simons

American_Gooner likes this.
  5. Football Manager

FYI

6. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Created two chances from his press today and wasn't bad per se, but his fitness is gone after the 60th minute.

I think it's time to bench him for Aubameyang and bring in another CM in Willock/Ceballos to the team.

If anything we'll be getting him fresh off the bench with enough fitness to impact the game.

You start him at United over Eddie, yes. Logical. But there comes a time where the better player in PEA has to play in his natural position.

MutableEarth and mpower2540 like this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Another awful game today thought after 3 from 3 he'll kick on but i was wrong he back being poverty and worse.

Big Poppa likes this.
  8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Quality game from Laca today, this cheeky bit of skill was my highlight...

Being serious though, thought he was decent, got through a lot of hard work and created some good chances...his lack of stamina is always funny though :lol:

Pyres7, DasBootist, Oxeki and 2 others like this.
  9. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

I don't think you are being objective. He pressed as much as his fitness allowed him to. He won the ball on atleast 5 occasions that i counted and started counter attacks. He almost scored if it was not for lindelof intercepting the ball.

He did well but as I have said his fitness is a major issue and i don't think he can effectively do what arteta wants and still be available up front to score. He just doesn't have the engine for it.

My major gripe with Lacazette is that while he presses i don't see him making any forward runs at all. Those runs are what he use to be good at.

Macho and Ibadan like this.
  10. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Slow and just not good enough, holding us back big time. Arteta will persist with laca central though as auba got his goal even if it was a pen and was not the one fouled.

11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

Works hard but lost the ball a few times and is too limited and slow for me to try and praise.

12. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

His fitness suffers from the press, so the forward runs aren't as effective.
    He's mostly asked to press and take players with him to make space for Auba.
    For him to stay in the box you have to bring someone who does that for him, which we don't have. He's also getting fouled a lot during games, which takes a toll on the body.

Macho and Kav like this.
  13. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Did hold the ball well, but the front 3 just don't fit together, too many things are missing. Individually though, all 3 of them are probably OK or more than that

14. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Ready to give balogun a go. Laca and nkethiah don't look go enough

15. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Was actually a good game by him but once again his lack of fundamentals were on display

16. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

He did a couple of good things today but that just isn't enough for a 50m player occupying the position of a vastly superior one at a club trying to achieve things. The defense is good enough to survive without the number 9 "running" around like a headless chicken and doing sweet f*ck all else for the 60 minutes he can last. Time to take the attack up a level and put dangerous players on either side of Auba.

Maybe and El Duderino like this.
  17. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Was our best player after the obvious top3.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Walked a lot today... Someone need to rewatch how much he was walking... Probably between 5-10 minutes just walking... His press is also always half arsed and out of coordination with other players. He is getting a lot of free pass from Arteta and being given a breather during the game but has nothing to show for it.

19. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

He did walk a lot today. The man just doesn’t have the required fitness level to start in the team. Sadly he may have to play substitute if he doesn’t improve on this.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  20. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Thought he played well today, gave the defenders some hustle and problem, but probably in the interest of all if we find a buyer.