• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Watching Jota bang goals for Liverpool, doing the false 9 role and I'm looking back on Lacazette and I get annoyed. Some of you were telling me it's hard to track back and score goals. We as Arsenal fans need to stop coddling grown men. Lacazette sucks. We can do a lot better.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Laca can get fit enough to where he can press in Mikel's system and offer more in the final third, we'd have the perfect CF to complement Auba but frankly I'm pessimistic with what I've seen.
He’s not going to get that fit, some people have that natural ceiling and apparently he’s always been naturally unfit even way back in the Lyon Academy.

The pressing role he plays is killing his forests game but it is what it is. There’s a serious lack of critical thinking on here though.

When a formerly good player falls off a cliff you’d maybe stop and wonder why but it seems easier on A-M to just rewrite history and say they’ve always been ****. :confused:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Watching Jota bang goals for Liverpool, doing the false 9 role and I'm looking back on Lacazette and I get annoyed. Some of you were telling me it's hard to track back and score goals. We as Arsenal fans need to stop coddling grown men. Lacazette sucks. We can do a lot better.
and Arsenal fans also have to stop being so bitter he’s not even playing tonight.

Lacazette is probably gone this summer and at worst he naturally falls down the pecking order anyways.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
When a formerly good player falls off a cliff you’d maybe stop and wonder why but it seems easier on A-M to just rewrite history and say they’ve always been ****. :confused:

Tbf you could tell he was dead in his first few months here, people were even saying it back then but he was new so people allowed him. But objectively he's been average at best but poor the majority of time at Arsenal. He's slow, weak and doesn't have skills. No wonder we bought Auba 6 months later.

BigPoppaPump

Watching Liverpool will make you hate our forwards lol, even watching Son and Kane at Sp**s makes me rue the day we ever signed Laca or Pepe. Like why can't we ever have nice things? Have to watch one guy get out of breath after 30 mins and another that gets dispossessed 9/10.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching Liverpool will make you hate our forwards lol, even watching Son and Kane at Sp**s makes me rue the day we ever signed Laca or Pepe. Like why can't we ever have nice things? Have to watch one guy get out of breath after 30 mins and another that gets dispossessed 9/10.

Since Giroud, all Arsenal's starting strikers have been pretty flawed really...before that though, we have been spoiled...Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, Van Persie, all top drawer...even the likes of Kanu, Wiltord, Reyes and Adebayor were great.

Maybe it was just our turn to have "average" forwards for a bit, every club has a poor run...who knows, maybe our next one will be better than Thierry!

BigPoppaPump

Since Giroud, all Arsenal's starting strikers have been pretty flawed really...before that though, we have been spoiled...Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, Van Persie, all top drawer...even the likes of Kanu, Wiltord, Reyes and Adebayor were great.

Maybe it was just our turn to have "average" forwards for a bit, every club has a poor run...who knows, maybe our next one will be better than Thierry!

Giroud was one of the most flawed out of the whole lot. It's been ages since we've had a proper world class ST. Auba is up there but he gets played LW and can't really create for himself, Alexis is close too but he was a proper winger.

The amount we've spent on forward for the return is grotesque though, Pepe set us back years.

Manberg

Predator
Despite Lindeloff's touch changing the ball's direction, the ball still went under Lacazette. Does he really need that much time to load up a shot?

I'm no expert but upon watching it multiple times it still seems like he could've reacted better.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Despite Lindeloff's touch changing the ball's direction, the ball still went under Lacazette. Does he really need that much time to load up a shot?

I'm no expert but upon watching it multiple times it still seems like he could've reacted better.
Nah it’s split second stuff. I played football.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think Laca, Auba, Willian, Saka and Pepe have the ability to create for themselves and be useful still but the real problem here is the attack is disconnected from the rest of the team while they're doing way too much leg work. By the time they reach final third from vastly wide or deep spaces they don't have the mental or physical energy to apply their ability. And Arteta ****ing about with tactics and not playing them has them lacking in confidence to deliver.

People here are completely ignoring that its not just one player but all of our forwards are struggling on an individual level. Not because they're **** all of a sudden. They are actually doing well on the collective front in transitioning from attacking phases to defense but it has taken the toll on their natural game as well as their productivity in attack.

If you see the previous two games, Lacazette despite of being **** going forward, he is actually really good when we shift to defense. The same for Aubameyang. Willian and Saka as well. They're all doing the leg work real well when it comes to their positional play and chasing players retreating from attack but by the time we reach the final third they're deviod of energy both mentally and physically.

The problem is just two things. We need a proactive creative player in midfield that can string the game together. We need all of Pepe, Auba, Willian and one of Laca or Saka playing at the same time. Maybe Willian behind the 3 or in January get in an creative midfielder or attacker.

And the thing is, we have that defensive and midfield foundation building to trust our attackers to play their attacking game. Here, Arteta just has to tweak the game a little and sacrifice a bit of the structure.

Manberg

Predator
I think Laca, Auba, Willian, Saka and Pepe have the ability to create for themselves and be useful still but the real problem here is the attack is disconnected from the rest of the team while they're doing way too much leg work. By the time they reach final third from vastly wide or deep spaces they don't have the mental or physical energy to apply their ability. And Arteta ****ing about with tactics and not playing them has them lacking in confidence to deliver.

People here are completely ignoring that its not just one player but all of our forwards are struggling on an individual level. Not because they're **** all of a sudden. They are actually doing well on the collective front in transitioning from attacking phases to defense but it has taken the toll on their natural game as well as their productivity in attack.

If you see the previous two games, Lacazette despite of being **** going forward, he is actually really good when we shift to defense. The same for Aubameyang. Willian and Saka as well. They're all doing the leg work real well when it comes to their positional play and chasing players retreating from attack but by the time we reach the final third they're deviod of energy both mentally and physically.

The problem is just two things. We need a proactive creative player in midfield that can string the game together. We need all of Pepe, Auba, Willian and one of Laca or Saka playing at the same time. Maybe Willian behind the 3 or in January get in an creative midfielder or attacker.

And the thing is, we have that defensive and midfield foundation building to trust our attackers to play their attacking game. Here, Arteta just has to tweak the game a little and sacrifice a bit of the structure.

You say that as if it's impossible for strikers to do the defensive leg work whilst not affecting their game. Top strikers are capable of exactly that. It's a matter of fitness.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
You say that as if it's impossible for strikers to do the defensive leg work whilst not affecting their game. Top strikers are capable of exactly that. It's a matter of fitness.
I didn't say its impossible at all. But there is a transition going on in terms of attackers and how they play where Laca, Auba et all are past their development phase so its harder for them. When you're young you can build that up over time.

What I'm really saying is though they are a bit over worked and overburdened while at the same time lacking support in terms structure as well as connectivity.

We need to come to a balance for results by creating and scoring more goals rather than having to grin at every game. The current framework works for games against Leicester and Utd but against lesser teams we need to be getting points and goals instead of waiting to get lucky or unlucky.

Riou

Our "main" strikers since Van Persie left...

Giroud...hard to tell if he is underrated or overrated at this point, but he is a solid player...turned into a bit of a gimp, and didn't fit the team we had as a first choice striker at all really during his time here.

Welbeck...Great squad player, one of team needs really to be successful, look at his FA Cup final 2017 performance at the peak as what he can bring to your team...NEVER good enough to be a starter for us despite how much I rate him, weird situation we were in really with 2 second choice forwards competing for the number 1 spot...was even worse before we bought Danny, with Chamakh, Bendtner and Sanogo madly being back up to Ollie ffs!

Lacazette...good player despite everything said about him, but no real standout attribute makes it difficulty for him to really work in England...feel we never really suited his style with the players we had...he really needed to play with goal scoring wingers like Mane and Salah, disappointed he never got to play with prime Sanchez though.

Aubameyang...elite goal scorer, but as an all-round player, it could be argued he is the weakest of the four...still though, if you can get the right players around this man, he will be winning the golden boot every year.

...solid bunch really, but no wow factor bar Auba...compared to other top team's strikers (and their teammates) you see we fall short...hopefully we look for a more rounded player in the future.

Weirdly...despite the friendship Auba and Laca have, they don't work together at all really...one of a peak Auba/Laca, with one of a peak Welbeck/Giroud as back up, playing in our 2013-2016 team would have been prefect for us...shame the stars didn't align for us for that to happen.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Our "main" strikers since Van Persie left...

Giroud...hard to tell if he is underrated or overrated at this point, but he is a good player...turned into a bit of a gimp, and didn't fit the team we had as a first choice striker at all really during his time here.

Welbeck...Great squad player, one of team needs really to be successful, look at his FA Cup final 2017 performance at the peak as what he can bring to your team...should NEVER have been a starter for us really, as much as I liked him.

Lacazette...good player despite everything said about him, but no real standout attribute makes it difficulty for him to really work in England...feel we never really suited his style with the players we had...he really needed to play with goal scoring wingers like Mane and Salah, disappointed he never got to play with prime Sanchez though.

Aubameyang...elite goal scorer, but as an all-round player, it could be argued he is the weakest of the four...still though, if you can get the right players around this man, he will be winning the golden boot every year.

...solid bunch really, but no wow factor bar Auba really...compared to other top team's strikers (and their teammates) you see we fall short...hopefully we look for a more rounded player in the future.

Weirdly...despite the friendship Auba and Laca have, they don't work together at all really...one of a peak Auba/Laca, with one of a peak Welbeck/Giroud as back up, playing in our 2013-2016 team would have been prefect for us...shame the stars didn't align for us for that to happen.
We've been doing the square peg in round hole approach when it comes to recruiting attacking players.
If we get a good striker, then we don't have good suppliers or it's the opposite and this has been going on for over 6 years, so at the end of the day it's poor management.

Riou

Just read an article saying we should bring in Odsonne Edouard from Celtic to replace Laca, according to former player Kevin Campbell...

Campbell: "Lacazette is the wrong side of 30 now. That move may still happen because Edouard is a really talented player."

Lacazette: "I'm 29 until I am 31!"

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Just read an article saying we should bring in Odsonne Edouard from Celtic to replace Laca, according to former player Kevin Campbell...

Campbell: "Lacazette is the wrong side of 30 now. That move may still happen because Edouard is a really talented player."

Henry was bigging up Eduard all summer. I havent seen enough of him to rate him but Laca is done.

BigPoppaPump

Honest mistake since Lacazette plays like he's in his 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom