• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh. According to you, a midfielder who ****s his pants whenever he is pressed and has given most number of goals due to errors ever since he moved to PL is a strong player. But Laca is weak? And I am the one speaking bollocks?

Of you're speaking bollocks. You're excusing this player who has scored feckin 4 goals away from home with all kind of rubbish.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He made a lot of good pass. I wish our team would have three Sanchez up front. Sanchez isn’t that selfish as people describe him to be. We used to have van persie hleb, Van persie nasri, Van persie arshavin.......the third one was always ****. It’s always walcott/chamberlain these type of dumbass who gets the third spot.
I won't consider what Sanchez did as selfishness. It was just an extreme case of Narcissm. He felt that everyone in the team was so crappy and he was the superhero supposed to save the team. I have seen many players in much better positions literally begging for ball only to see him trying to dribble past three defenders.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Auba + Laca is not a problem, in fact they are about the only clear strength we have, build a team to supply those two while improving the midfield and defense, unless a mega offer come for either.
Two traditional strikers up front, no dribbling or building up play. Our team will have less possession because of that.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I won't consider what Sanchez did as selfishness. It was just an extreme case of Narcissm. He felt that everyone in the team was so crappy and he was the superhero supposed to save the team. I have seen many players in much better positions literally begging for ball only to see him trying to dribble past three defenders.
Truth is. Only him and Cazorla were the only good players.

db10fan

Two traditional strikers up front, no dribbling or building play. Our team will have less possession because of that.

IMO possesion is not the most important thing, what most important in increasing your number of quality shots/chances and decrease your opponent's number of quality shots/chances. Though having more possesion is likely to help to achieve both.
Auba + Laca are hardly traditional strikers (IMO Icardi, Giroud, Lukaku are), Auba runs the channels (he can be even better as seen when he runs riot at Dortmund in a trident with Dembele and Reus) while Laca drops deep, they help provide options to progress the play. Simply get better midfields and full backs to support them.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
IMO possesion is not the most important thing, what most important in increasing your number of quality shots/chances and decrease your opponent's number of quality shots/chances. Though having more possesion is likely to help to achieve both.
Auba + Laca are hardly traditional strikers (IMO Icardi, Giroud, Lukaku are), Auba runs the channels (he can be even better as seen when he runs riot at Dortmund in a trident with Dembele and Reus) while Laca drops deep, they help provide options to progress the play. Simply get better midfields and full backs to support them.
We really need three Brazilian guys up front.
Laca drops deep, but all he did was simple passes to feet. Both Laca and auba can’t do 1v1. So if they do not have support they will lose possession.
It’s not comparable to the van perise dropping deep to dribble or play some beautiful through pass.

db10fan

We really need three Brazilian guys up front.
Laca drops deep, but all he did was simple passes to feet.
It’s not comparable to the van perise dropping deep to dribble or play some beautiful through pass.
Well RVP was world class, while Laca is about Wiltord level, but he is about the best we can have for now. Same with Auba, about prime Ade level, clearly below DB1o, TH14 and RVP, but again he is about the best we can have for now. Good thing that Auba + Laca is developing a good partnership, thats why we need to maximize them before either decline.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I thought Auba was borderline/teetering on world class myself. Then he came here and I thought, well he can’t be that good then.

In any case, looking across the league you don’t get much better than Auba/Laca if we’re honest. Considering what they’ve had to work with I think they are amazing tbh.

Arguably (who am I kidding) the worst midfield and defence we’ve had in over a decade as it stands.

Balboa

I think that Lacazette is an excellent player who scores some quality goals. Personally I would be an advocate of selling Laca if there was a bid of £60-80 million or more from a non-Premier League club, if that could then be reinvested in a pacey wide player who can dribble and score goals, possibly Zaha. That would rebalance the squad and bring in a player who was likely to build with Arsenal. I think Laca is likely to have to leave next summer if he doesn't sign a new deal, and I don't think he'll want to stay if Arsenal haven't made it into the Champions League by then.

I feel that Arsenal need to get better at selling players for good fees and reinvesting that money. I think that they should seek to extend Aubameyang's contract, give more game time to Nketiah, and possibly seek to buy a striker who offers something more physical, Mitrovic-type as a second striker if funds allow.

I think that Arsenal need more pace so they want a pacey wide man to complement Auba.

I had hoped Athetico Madrid might put in a big bid for Laca with their Griezman money but it looks like they've spent a lot on other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom