• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Aubameyang was absolutely rubbish in most games without Lacazette. Same with Lacazette without Aubameyang. They worked best together and are one of the very few good things we have going. You basically lose both players if you sell one of them.

It would be idiotic to sell him for something like 80m.
I am also of the opinion that we're more lethal with both and that they have fueled each other massively.

ChefMan21

I am also of the opinion that we're more lethal with both and that they have fueled each other massively.
Which is great, but the problem remains that our midfield and defence remains poor in a lot of areas, and we can't be going into next season with two strikers who 1) could lose form 2) could pick up a major injury or 3) have teams work out how to defend against them.

We really need to get our defense and midfield functioning a lot better and for a lot longer into the season, which I think means investment. Since we don't appear to have a huge budget available a la Man City et al, selling one of PEA or Laca could be a good long-term decision.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People are obsessing over the personnel too much.

Sometimes when you play a certain style only a certain player improves your backline or midfield. Take Liverpool, Van Dijk was the only one that would’ve improved their defence to this level. Everyone else they could’ve signed would’ve been quite average.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Much like the Özil, Xhaka, Bellerin, Monreal, Kolasinac, Torreira, Ramsey, Leno and Guendouzi threads. AM is pretty much insane all over. Some sanity can be found in the General Discussions thread.... some..

All these inconsistent players means none of us know how to judge them which leads to these arguments and people either becoming fan boys or haters. Pathetic when you realise this forum is full of adults.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I posted many months ago that if you sell Laca and play Auba as CF, and buy a better winger than Auba, you are in a better position.

Zaha + Auba is better than Auba + Laca
At the time I disagreed heavily with you but I am starting to see your point here. We do need more balance. We're desperate for a winger. I love Laca but I'd be okay if we sold to fund Zaha. I think Zaha will go up a level with us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
At the time I disagreed heavily with you but I am starting to see your point here. We do need more balance. We're desperate for a winger. I love Laca but I'd be okay if we sold to fund Zaha. I think Zaha will go up a level with us.

I know both had their flat patches ie Laca, Auba but Auba managed to share the golden boot and has pace that we cant lose. He certainly finished the season strong, I'd love to see him play with Zaha. Imagine that pace in attack, and it would be fluid attack with them switching. We do need someone on the other wing though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bare in mind Auba managed to do that in his first full season. He's a world class striker and that's that. His movement is literally next level, I haven't seen someone with movement like it for quite some time.

Emery wants to play a certain way, and to play that way he needs to be in his favoured formation. Zaha, Tierney and Bellerin are in positions which are very important to Emery's attack.

I'm more than happy to have someone like Iwobi or Mikky on one side as long as we have a proper winger on the other.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Looks like Lacazette is staying then!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Auba's latest insta posts = Arsenal and adidas related.

Laca's latest insta posts = showing off NIKE airmax :lol:

Oh and Nike make Atletico's shirts so.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I posted many months ago that if you sell Laca and play Auba as CF, and buy a better winger than Auba, you are in a better position.

Zaha + Auba is better than Auba + Laca

Problem is just if Auba gets injured. We'd have to rely on the youngsters or play Zaha as a striker.

Top Bottom