• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I used to think the whole forum hated him but it’s actually just a few really loud weirdos and some agenda merchants.

He’s clearly a good player/striker but yes not World Class. He can be improved upon ofcourse but is it a priority? No.

I like him as a player and his personality, the players and staff clearly love him- I am more than happy for him to stay and hope he improves his form as this season wasn’t great. This is assuming a crazy offer doesn’t come in for him. I’d like to see the front 3 build familiarity and continue to play next season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I used to think the whole forum hated him but it’s actually just a few really loud weirdos and some agenda merchants.

He’s clearly a good player/striker but yes not World Class. He can be improved upon ofcourse but is it a priority? No.

I like him as a player and his personality, the players and staff clearly love him- I am more than happy for him to stay and hope he improves his form as this season wasn’t great. This is assuming a crazy offer doesn’t come in for him. I’d like to see the front 3 build familiarity and continue to play next season.
I would be happy for him to stay but I think he can leave for free next summer?

If he’s in contract till 2022 then I wouldn’t mind keeping him another season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I would be happy for him to stay but I think he can leave for free next summer?

If he’s in contract till 2022 then I wouldn’t mind keeping him another season.
But then we're reliving the Aubameyang situation next summer with the obvious less impact and goals. Is it worth it?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But then we're reliving the Aubameyang situation next summer with the obvious less impact and goals. Is it worth it?
Oh next summer we sell him without a doubt. A part of me is curious to see what we can do with Pepe, Willian and Laca competing for two spots. Think it will push them and make them all better.

If we sell Laca this summer and don’t reinvest in a striker it makes Willian and Pepe undisputed starters and that’s not healthy for any squad.

He also seems genuinely liked within the squad, I wouldn’t sell him for the sake of it unless we get a huge offer.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Oh next summer we sell him without a doubt. A part of me is curious to see what we can do with Pepe, Willian and Laca competing for two spots. Think it will push them and make them all better.

If we sell Laca this summer and don’t reinvest in a striker it makes Willian and Pepe undisputed starters and that’s not healthy for any squad.

He also seems genuinely liked within the squad, I wouldn’t sell him for the sake of it unless we get a huge offer.
I agree on the last bit would hurt to see the bromance shaken up but I'd be against an extension for Lacazette at this point unless next season he's fit and performs like he did under Emery. But if he does... he's 12 months to bosman and will back himself to take advantage on a massive sign on. Awkward situation.

tcahill

He's a good player and a valued member of the dressing room.

He's also one of our few sellable assets and doesn't fit in the starting 11.

Hope we make the right call.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Fitness obviously. Think it’s quite clear what our strongest eleven is.

Lacazette has come out and said he was carrying an injury for a lot of the season. He’s also said that he has to work very hard under Arteta and it affects the goal numbers. Despite that, the Lacazette we’ve seen in recent weeks is the same one we saw last season. Can be improved on yes, but more than good enough to be the second top scorer in a CL team.

Lacazette always resorts to the ‘carrying injury’ excuse for his bum performances. Can’t wait to get rid of this bare minimum guy.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah, I'd happily take 30m pounds for him. Would be great business given the situation.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Very logical but it’s that very reason which makes it likely that this is conjecture.

Could be, but there have been many noises about Juve and Atletico for a long time..

Kinda likely either happens.
30m would be too little imo, maybe at the end of Emery, but Laca was pretty damn good under Arteta.

I'd expect 40m

Latest posts

Top Bottom