• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: expectations for his second season

How many goals will Alexis score this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Guy just came on and put our forwards to shame, he really is a level above.

We need one more player of his calibre.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He looked sharp all considered. there's so much fail around him though, that it's hard not to be embarrassed to have him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Özil and Alexis are both a class above our other attackers, before this season most of us though Ox would make that RW his own, but like Walcott and Ramsey he has regressed. Campbell is the only one who's stepped up this season but I don't think he's good enough to start for us whilst we've got average ST options.

Aevi

Hale End FC
That begs the question, what other attacker needs the bigger upgrade? Striker or RW?

I'd personally get a new striker (sorry Giroud) because we have an abundance of RW options that may eventually come good. Campbell and Chambo are still rather young, and Welbeck promises a lot too. Giroud doesn't have many seasons left in him, and is really the only striker we have in the first place.

I know he would be fine as backup/sub anyways, he has acknowledged (indirectly) that there isn't a higher club that would take him, so a smaller role would be fine. I do want to keep him though, and not scrap him all together, as he is a very handy option if we need a different approach to games.

Alexis today was breathtaking, which speaks volumes of the rest of the team. He managed to display so much more talent in one cameo than everyone else (bar Özil and if lenient Campbell) showed in all the games since he got injured.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I remember a ball being played across the pitch, and it looked like a bad one, that would go out. How many of our players would just let it go, and give that synical applause.. But not Alexis "I'm not small" Sanchez nooo, he just takes an amazing leap and demonstrates great timing and keeps it not only in but gets it to an arsenal player...

Yes, Im very happy he's back.

Impact

Established Member
Not sure what Alexis people were watching. He just looked busy without being too threatening from what I saw. He also has terrible associative play. He's a bit too independent. Needs to learn to use his team mates.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not sure what Alexis people were watching. He just looked busy without being too threatening from what I saw. He also has terrible associative play. He's a bit too independent. Needs to learn to use his team mates.
A bit rusty, but for his first cameo in two months, and in comparison to our other players, he was magnificent.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He was never going to be perfect, the guy hasn't played in 2 months. He brought a spark that the team lacked though. We won't see him misplacing those passes once he's in the swing of things.

Gooner_girl14

That begs the question, what other attacker needs the bigger upgrade? Striker or RW?

I'd personally get a new striker (sorry Giroud) because we have an abundance of RW options that may eventually come good. Campbell and Chambo are still rather young, and Welbeck promises a lot too. Giroud doesn't have many seasons left in him, and is really the only striker we have in the first place.

Tricky question. I think we need another striker as Giroud is our only proper one (I'm not sure what Walcott is supposed to be these days). Chambo won't make it here imo and like Walcott, I think needs to be sold while we can still get good money for them. Campbell looks good and is easily the starter in RW atm.

You're right that we do have a few options in RW, and Ramsey might be better to play there too (he is clearly struggling in the middle).

I'd like Wenger to get another forward this month, and maybe another RW at season's end depending on how Campbell turns out and if we move anyone on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His technique was looking a bit rusty but his endeavor was so refreshing to see.

I just wish he'd use his bloody left foot more - everyone knows you're gonna shift to the right foot Alexis :lol:. At least time it better!

Impact

Established Member
His technique was looking a bit rusty but his endeavor was so refreshing to see.
I just wish he'd use his bloody left foot more - everyone knows you're gonna shift to the right foot Alexis :lol:. At least time it better!

Agreed entirely. I think we just missed seeing his work-rate offensively because we've looked so lethargic at times without him.

He's too predictable at times. There was one instant when he had a one on one with Matic and he was stopped in his tracks because Matic knew he had no true desire to use his left.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He looked fresh to me, he's going to be so, so good for the rest of the season.

20 goals I reckon and he'll snatch POTY from everybody. :drool:

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I know Özil's been playing out of his skin this season, but for me this guys clearly our best player. Forwards that can run with the ball and take 2 or 3 players out the game are essential. Couple that with the ability to pick a pass and they become priceless. Look around, every top team has them.

As soon as he came on I started to believe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom