• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

I never said agents are evil. I'm saying this one has a huge influence in too many places. I think players deserve a cut of the pie as much as the club but guess who keeps paying for that pie? The fans.
lol, what percentage of a football club income come from the fans?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
According to a journalist in Chile, Alexis decided on Utd as he was more likely to play and have a higher profile there. This makes sense but Utd have a wealth of attacking options so it will be interesting to see if anyone starts agitating for a move.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
According to a journalist in Chile, Alexis decided on Utd as he was more likely to play and have a higher profile there. This makes sense but Utd have a wealth of attacking options so it will be interesting to see if anyone starts agitating for a move.
Would only take Rashford or Martial with what they currently have.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Well Coquelin says no one in the dressing room has a problem with Alexis. We just weren't willing to pay him what he wanted Utd were.

Ultimately we weren't providing a platform for a star like Alexis to win the biggest trophies in football. Money is a huge factor, but winning stuff is more important.

Had we won a PL title during his tenure here and been better in the CL I'm sure we would have been able to re-sign him.

KROENKE SUCKS

Im not so sure, with our paltry sponsorship deals and the nature of our owner and board...

Its not surprising to me that only City and Utd were interested at that price.

Utd have EPL TV money and Huge sponsorship money. City have Oil money. Maybe Real or Barca could have come close...

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ultimately we weren't providing a platform for a star like Alexis to win the biggest trophies in football. Money is a huge factor, but winning stuff is more important.

Had we won a PL title during his tenure here and been better in the CL I'm sure we would have been able to re-sign him.
Apparently there was a gentleman's agreement to extend until the Bayern humiliation. We have to start winning bigger. The EL is a good place to start.

TheArsenalis

ima have my say on this. sanchez mkhitarian deal. complete bullshit deal. im disgusted frankly.

arsenal should have done all they could have to match sanchez ambition. surround him with like minded hungry quality players.

we had arguable one of the top three player in the league. the one who kept us from the dogshites. and all we needed to do was supplement. with him and Özil that was good momentum. we could say we had the bit between the teeth to make a leap for greatness. and we let it slip.

and to make it worst we let him go to the absolute worst place we could have let him go. old trafford! only thing worst was tottenham. i hate united. if we knew we would have sold strike deals with club outside UK arsenal please. ffs how and why are we strenghtening united? again? the league might be wrapped up for this season but we just made sure we cant win next season again either. mourinho wont play no games. and this dumbass wenger just keep fukking up my life.

mkhitarian is a typical wenger player, not an sanchez level, planet or universe. its set back an not a small one this is major. there isnt any one is our team now, that can be classified as get outta jail card. none

VancouverCanuck

This is not meant as a dig at Arsenal, but it's very hard to see what a company would gain from allying with you right now compared to the other big clubs. Justified or not, there's undeniable a narrative right now (and for the last several years) that equates Arsenal with failure, underperformance and - to some extent - comedy. Brands absolutely love aligning themselves with "the best" (ie. winners), and it's obviously been a while since you've won anything big.

Are you saying finishing in top 4 for 20 seasons in a row, average league position of 2.7, Arsène's winning percentage of whatever, do cut it for the sponsors?!? That's blasphemy for a handful of posters here. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom