• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Allan Saint-Maximin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

Not sure talking about stats help Maximin's case tbh. Though I obviously only watched Willian in the CL, so unaware what his stats were like altogether.

So you’re making a case for Willian as “incredible at Shakhtar” based off a few CL games?

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
ASM is the kind of exciting winger that could go either way. He could improve a la Adama Traore into a threat with end product, or he could go the way they thought he would in France and basically be a quicker Iwobi. I'd want to see more track record before I spent the kind of money Newcastle would want as he always flattered to deceive in Ligue 1

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Henry went to Barca and played on the wing. I don't think Auba cares. He just wants to be competitive.

Buying a goal scoring wide player is harder than buying a goal scoring Cf.

Say you buy ASM.

ASM Auba Pepe

That's what 25 goals from Auba, probably 15 from pepe and maybe 10 from ASM?

50 goals and that's projecting on the wide players, especially ASM. Only Auba is the guarantee.

Say hypothetically its:

Auba-----Jovic------Pepe

That's 25 from Auba, probably 20 from Jovic if we cross the ball into the box and 15 from Pepe. That's an extra 10.

Jovic, Edouard, Depay or Osimhen are more likely to score from cf than any winger we buy.

You’re my favourite poster on this forum but I may have to agree to disagree.

Henry played on the left at Barca because they had Eto’o. We have Eddie and Laca. Imagine if we played Henry on the left at Arsenal and Wiltord through the middle.

With Pepe and ASM either side skinning fullbacks, Auba gets you 35-40 goals in a season easy, not 25. I think that’s where we’re not agreeing. But it’s just an opinion.

It’s harder to find a winger who scores 25 than a striker who scores 25 yes, but even harder to find a striker who scores 35+. We’re wasting an immense centre forward in his prime.

If we turned half of our 13 draws into wins that puts us in 3rd place.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You’re my favourite poster on this forum but I may have to agree to disagree.

Henry played on the left at Barca because they had Eto’o. We have Eddie and Laca. Imagine if we played Henry on the left at Arsenal and Wiltord through the middle.

With Pepe and ASM either side skinning fullbacks, Auba gets you 35-40 goals in a season easy, not 25. I think that’s where we’re not agreeing. But it’s just an opinion.

It’s harder to find a winger who scores 25 than a striker who scores 25 yes, but even harder to find a striker who scores 35+. We’re wasting an immense centre forward in his prime.

If we turned half of our 13 draws into wins that puts us in 3rd place.

Thanks for the compliment. We may have to agree to disagree. I'd just like to say that projecting 35 goals + on Auba being s cf is you having a lot of faith in him, especially as he ages.

We are talking league goals here. No nobody has scored 35+ goals in the past 26 years.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Would be criminal to blow our already limited transfer kitty just to take punt on this guy. People way too excited about him. He has had 10 good games in the PL in his entire career. 3 of his four assists this season came in one game. But I guess he has an impressive YouTube compilation as well. So did Gervinho, Chamakh and even Andre Santos. We already have Saka and Martinelli who can play on the left and obviously Auba as well if he stays.

Reactions: B77

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Would be criminal to blow our already limited transfer kitty just to take punt on this guy. People way too excited about him. He has had 10 good games in the PL in his entire career. 3 of his four assists this season came in one game. But I guess he has an impressive YouTube compilation as well. So did Gervinho, Chamakh and even Andre Santos. We already have Saka and Martinelli who can play on the left and obviously Auba as well if he stays.
AM drooling over a flashy bum like ASM is so classic

Goonger

I'm not his biggest fan, but can understand the links. Its not just about what he's currently doing, there's a feeling that now hes settled into the league, he's getting better as the season goes on, that there's a player in there that could blow in the right environment. That if the takeover doesn't go through, could be obtainable for half the price of a Pepe or a Zaha.

So, for a club like Arsenal, it's the perfect time to pick a player up, as we can rarely get them after they have blown, or we get them when they are all blown out.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I'm not his biggest fan, but can understand the links. Its not just about what he's currently doing, there's a feeling that now hes settled into the league, he's getting better as the season goes on, that there's a player in there that could blow in the right environment. That if the takeover doesn't go through, could be obtainable for half the price of a Pepe or a Zaha.

So, for a club like Arsenal, it's the perfect time to pick a player up, as we can rarely get them after they have blown, or we get them when they are all blown out.

I get the logic that he could potentially explode next season but realistically there's still a good chance he won't. What ASM has done in the PL, not only there's a very small sample size, he has also played under a system that is completely different from what Arteta is trying to do at Arsenal. Newcastle has had the lowest ball possession percentage in the EPL. All he has really had do is run behind defenses in empty spaces. He would have to do a lot more here. He wold be a punt on a position that we don't acutely need to strengthen. And finally, I disagree that the timing is perfect. Myabe in terms of his transfer value but for us now that our transfer budget is limited and the COVID effected market is probably going to be quite tricky, we should only concentrate to strengthen our most fragile areas which are midfield and central defense. There's a ton of work to be done there. ASM should definitely not be priority for us. I'd be willing to give Saka and Martinelli a real chance next season at the left flank.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
William was class but I wouldn't sign him now.

Don't know if this guy is the answer but yeah. Willian is too expensive if reports are to be believed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom