• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Allan Saint-Maximin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Before this season, the most PL assists Mane had in a season was 7. ASM has reached that number already with a few games to go, playing in a worse team than Southampton under Koeman and obviously Liverpool.
He's only got 4. You counting pens won?

sdotzdot

Established Member
We will if we sell Laca, Auba should be playing CF can't waste 25 goals a season player on wings even tho he been good there.
Has auba played centrally once under Arteta? Nketiah has become our first choice CF. Highly doubt he will suddenly swap to putting auba central. He even plays Saka on the right to ensure auba keeps his LW position. Auba at central is done as far as I can see.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Before this season, the most PL assists Mane had in a season was 7. ASM has reached that number already with a few games to go, playing in a worse team than Southampton under Koeman and obviously Liverpool.

ASM doesn't even have 7 FPL assists let alone real PL assists. He has assisted four PL goals this season, three of which were in a 1-4 win from Bournemouth who are total mess atm.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely no chance we’re signing a winger if Auba stays.
Yeah all depends on Auba and even then not clear.

Do we move Auba central? If so then we need a LW who plays more like a midfielder, someone like Grealish.

If Auba stays wide then we need a linkman at CF, maybe even a Firmino type who is basically an attacking mid in disguise.

Either way I don't think we really need ASM.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
ASM doesn't even have 7 FPL assists let alone real PL assists. He has assisted four PL goals this season, three of which were in a 1-4 win from Bournemouth who are total mess atm.
Okay stop crying I posted the correction above.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Can't lie, I didn't think we should sign him when he was at Nice and I'm still not convinced. He's a elite dribbler, always has been, but the end product isn't there at a particularly high level. He's only got 3 goals and 4 assist this season, 1 of the assists being off a scuffed shot. He was out a while to be fair to him, and he has typically been stuck playing for more defensive teams so he has been held back a bit. But in an era of wingers who are highly involved in goals/assists, he hasn't really shown the nose for such numbers.

I worry that he looks good because of a couple highlight clips with fantastic dribbling which don't reflect his more constant level. I get the sense he holds on to the ball for too long sometimes for example and misses opportunities to play someone through. But even if we say that his profile, even without a particularly high volume of goals, is what we would like, is it what we need? I personally feel like we're missing a Grealish type more than a Saint Maximin in our attack for example.

At the end of the day though I wouldn't complain if the fee isn't astronomical, if Arteta and Cagigao rate him then I rate him.

sdotzdot

Established Member
If Auba stays wide then we need a linkman at CF, maybe even a Firmino type who is basically an attacking mid in disguise.

Agreed, I think this type of striker will be our primary target this window next to a midfielder. I don’t see how anyone can think Auba will be moved centrally having watched our games. Arteta has done nothing to suggest that, choosing a kid over him as our primary CF due to his hold up play tells me what type of system Arteta wants. I can’t see why that would suddenly change.

I hope auba stays because honestly he makes a fantastic inside forward on the left. ASM is unnecessary.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Agreed, I think this type of striker will be our primary target this window next to a midfielder. I don’t see how anyone can think Auba will be moved centrally having watched our games. Arteta has done nothing to suggest that, choosing a kid over him as our primary CF due to his hold up play tells me what type of system Arteta wants. I can’t see why that would suddenly change.

I hope auba stays because honestly he makes a fantastic inside forward on the left. ASM is unnecessary.

Auba might stipulate in any new contract talks that he wants to play down the middle. Although who knows, he might be perfectly happy playing where he is. But you're right, Arteta does look to prefer him in that inside left channel.

Let's be honest none of us know exactly how Arteta wants to play or who the club is really targeting. At this stage we can safely say Partey is a target and that's about it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Auba might stipulate in any new contract talks that he wants to play down the middle. Although who knows, he might be perfectly happy playing where he is. But you're right, Arteta does look to prefer him in that inside left channel.

Let's be honest none of us know exactly how Arteta wants to play or who the club is really targeting. At this stage we can safely say Partey is a target and that's about it.
On one hand can understand Mikel preferring the striker to come deep and hold up the ball because it makes space for Auba to make his runs but you would think he would try Auba through the middle at least once. Someone like Vardy is very successful playing up on his own running onto things and Auba is a far better version of that.
Probably means that next season Saka will play in midfield instead of the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom