• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom

I'm interested to see whether he goes for thirty years. Set an even bigger land Mark. Not that this isn't impressive as is. But
A third decade would be interesting for this whole debate...

Sorry Mods. It's kinda on topic:confused:

Les Trente Glorieuses would be fantastic.

Swallow

Les Trente Glorieuses would be fantastic.
Pourquoi pas? If he is willing to continue, let's give him those. This will allow people to properly judge his tenure. If he able to equal or better his first ten years, even the doubters will agree that the last ten years were a result of austerity.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What is this? Can you actually apply this to the last season where we failed due to critical errors in management? We had the squad, we had the money and we ****ed it up, if you would at least admit we messed up last season would make you seem more reasonable. I mean most guys on here who disagree with each other on Wenger at least share the opinion that last season was no good.
If this is the Wenger Evaluation Thread, I'll answer your post.

Last season Leicester beat all the rich clubs and you can look at it one of two ways.

1)Leicester had a better team and manager than us (and the other top clubs), made fewer mistakes and played better football. I'm guessing that's your theory because it makes Wenger look poor to be beaten so easily. Even though he beat Leicester twice.

2)Now that there's less difference between the clubs, and competition is much tighter, Leicester were just very lucky, with no injuries to key players, twice the average number of penalties, a lot of close 1-0 wins- some decided by the refs.

If 1) was correct Leicester would not be in the bottom half of table like they are this season.

So if you take away the fluke, Wenger beat the 4 other teams with richer squads. How can that be poor? :eek: Just don't see it your way.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If this is the Wenger Evaluation Thread, I'll answer your post.

Last season Leicester beat all the rich clubs and you can look at it one of two ways.

1)Leicester had a better team and manager than us (and the other top clubs), made fewer mistakes and played better football. I'm guessing that's your theory because it makes Wenger look poor to be beaten so easily. Even though he beat Leicester twice.

2)Now that there's less difference between the clubs, and competition is much tighter, Leicester were just very lucky, with no injuries to key players, twice the average number of penalties, a lot of close 1-0 wins- some decided by the refs.

If 1) was correct Leicester would not be in the bottom half of table like they are this season.

So if you take away the fluke, Wenger beat the 4 other teams with richer squads. How can that be poor? :eek: Just don't see it your way.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Very lucky, Chelsea were bottom of the injury league and all their key players stayed fit. Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool all struggled.
http://injuryleague.com/injury-league/archives/201415-2/
ABSOLUTE HYPOCRITE! A few posts back you claim the league is much more competitive than it was. Now suddenly the team coming first has been lucky two seasons in a row. This is as bad as Mourinho not accepting blame for his antics. As brilliant as Wenger has been over two decades, last season WAS a let down. He knows it too!

Also, it isn't as if we JUST missed out on the league last season. We were well out of the race a month or two before it ended.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
ABSOLUTE HYPOCRITE! A few posts back you claim the league is much more competitive than it was. Now suddenly the team coming first has been lucky two seasons in a row. This is as bad as Mourinho not accepting blame for his antics. As brilliant as Wenger has been over two decades, last season WAS a let down. He knows it too!

Also, it isn't as if we JUST missed out on the league last season. We were well out of the race a month or two before it ended.
How is that hypocritical? The EPL is getting more competitive every year because of the TV money . . that means that other variables will come into play other than money. That's called a 'consistent argument'.

You just don't like that I answered your question. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom