• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal 2-1 Sp**s Player rating

nazo

Established Member
6-1.jpg

Look at the height he got with that jump. Please tell me how he doesn't deserve at least a 10 for that goal.

scruzgooner

Lukazan said:
scruzgooner said:
Lukazan said:
Almunia - 8
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 6.5
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6
i will be lazy and snag yours, lukazan. except i'm changing ade to a 6, don't think he was as bad as hleb and cesc today.

I just thought that other than the goal he was really bad today. If not for the goal he'd have gotten a 4 from me.
it's only the goal the puts him above the other two, for me. for the first time this season they were both anonymous...ade wasn't great, but he wasn't anonymous. thanks for the scores, btw :)

nazo

Established Member
true gooner said:
Overall, the team, like ARSENAL MANIA, underestimated Sp**s and we almost paid for that. Remember we have to be humble even if we are top of the league otherwise we are no better than Man Utd

No i think we were just horrible. Half the players looked sleepy.

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 8
Toure 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 9
Sagna 7
Flamini 6
Fabregas 7
Eboue 6
Hleb 6
Rosicky 7
Adebayor 7

Bendtner 8
Gilberto 6

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 8 - THAT save is worth being rewarded of 2 extra points.
Sagna - 7 - solid. Maybe it's just me but he seemed get sucked out of position in some chaotic defefense situation.
Kolo - 7
Gallas 7
Clichy - 9 - MOTM. Very very solid in defense
Eboue - 5 - some dumb moves
Flamini - 7 - commanding in the middle of the park
Cesc - 6 - a bit ineffetive and did too many ambitious passes (hoofed long ball to Ade or chose the deepest penetration routes). Didn't make forward surging run into the box in the first half. When he did that kind of runs, Ade just scored.
Hleb - 6
Rosicky - 6 - did little despite being very busy
Adebayor - 7 -scored a goal. But I am baffled by why he often traps the ball so close to his own body/feet and hinders his own movement.

Subs:
Bendtner - 7 - Genius.... in a flash. Needs to learn how to be consistent at this Premiership level for the whole 90 mins.
Gilberto - 6 - maybe I am just being picky, but his workrate and commitment was not impressive.

Wenger - 7 - another NLD win added under Wenger's reign

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 8 - unlucky for goal as it took a slight deflection, great oen save
Sagna 6 - not one of his better games
Touré 6.5 - ok but not great
Gallas 7 - solid enough
Clichy 7.5 - nullified Lennon and provided an attacking outlet
Eboue 5.5 - pretty useless again
Rosicky 6.5 - decent effort
Cesc 7 - high score because of two key assists, otherwise poor
Flamini 6 - plenty of effort but no real influence
Hleb 5.5 - anonymous for most parts
Ade 6 - great finish but sloppy

Bendtner 7 - great leap
Gilberto 6

main thing getring the three points against the ****

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Keane 10.

I love this kinda villain, you can see the hatred he has for our team and to see him miss a penalty in front of all our screaming fans... pure Xmas pantomime. Like Ash Cole other day ... great entertainment.

Ade was damned good give him an 8.

The Bender can get a 7.5 for such a great start to his career proper (let's hope).

Wednesdayware

true gooner said:
Overall, the team, like ARSENAL MANIA, underestimated Sp**s and we almost paid for that. Remember we have to be humble even if we are top of the league otherwise we are no better than Man Utd

I think the rivalry overshadows people's assessment of Sp**s. The horrific start didn't help either, but they've never been as bad a side as people here go on about.

Someone in the other thread questioned the team's passion for the LND, but I wonder whether an old rivalry matters to a new (and mostly european) side.

I think the fans make a bigger deal out of it than the team. The Chelsea win was far more important in every aspect.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was I watching the wrong match. Ok the team's passing game was not at its best in the first half but part of it was down to lack of urgency to shoot. Afterward Wenger made the team to raise to another gear and the team did win.

All sp*rs players were thinking was about keeping and moving the ball around Arsenal's box and seeing if any defender would foul them. Their idea was very limited in this set-piece thing. The team didn't fall into that trick too many times and that should be a credit.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Almunia 7.5 (added 1 point for the pen save)
Sagna 6.5
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 5.5
Rosicky 6.5
Cesc 6.5 (due to his assists)
Flamini 6.5
Hleb 5.5
Ade 6.5

Bendtner 7
Gilberto n/a

Hleb, Cesc looked off today.. passing was not great... Ade was not wonderful other than his goal... Clichy was my MOTM, Manny saved a pen, and that was great, his fault on the goal was debateable, it took a slight deflection and was a good shot, no matter how sharp the angle.. Jens looked all sorts of pissed off on the bench when Manny saved it... he really needs to go... honestly, our defence was fairly solid, but they let a couple chances by them....

wasnt our best effort, but good enough to beat the Spuds... games like this need to be won in order to win the title...

True Gooner

Established Member
Wednesdayware said:
true gooner said:

I think the rivalry overshadows people's assessment of Sp**s. The horrific start didn't help either, but they've never been as bad a side as people here go on about.

Someone in the other thread questioned the team's passion for the LND, but I wonder whether an old rivalry matters to a new (and mostly european) side.

I think the fans make a bigger deal out of it than the team. The Chelsea win was far more important in every aspect.

I think one of the pundits did say that maybe a more English side would have taken this game more seriously..because the players that started today would know little about the history of each club, I assume that the players feel that Sp**s are just another side to beat in the Premeir league...

lagos

Established Member
Almunia 8
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Sagna 7
Flamini 6.5
Fabregas 6
Eboue 6.5
Hleb 6
Rosicky 6.5
Adebayor 7

Bendtner 7
Gilberto 6

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true gooner said:
Wednesdayware said:
true gooner said:

I think one of the pundits did say that maybe a more English side would have taken this game more seriously..because the players that started today would know little about the history of each club, I assume that the players feel that Sp**s are just another side to beat in the Premeir league...
personally i think thats a load of rubbish.. yes, there is history, and yes it was the NLD, but at the end of the day, they are, indeed, another team to beat in the Prem., which we did...

lagos

Established Member
USArsenal said:
true gooner said:
Wednesdayware said:
true gooner said:

personally i think thats a load of rubbish.. yes, there is history, and yes it was the NLD, but at the end of the day, they are, indeed, another team to beat in the Prem., which we did...

Adebayor said in his post match interview that the boxing celebrations after the goals were to signify to the fans the importance of the Derby. He said the boxing celebrations were to indicate "we will keep on fighting for the fans" or something like that (before stealling the bubbly from Aluminum :lol: )

Hardly the kind of thing to say if you don't understand the significance of the derby to the fans. A pundit saying they don't understand the importance of the Derby is typical of the English mentality of agrression before skill. That apparently has more value to the pundit than skill, intelligence and a game plan

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
oh, i actually meant that a "more english team would understand the importance" part was rubbish.... RvP spoke of it before the game...

lagos

Established Member
USArsenal said:
oh, i actually meant that a "more english team would understand the importance" part was rubbish.... RvP spoke of it before the game...

I understood you, I was just re-enforcing your point

ibby

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
USArsenal said:
true gooner said:
Wednesdayware said:
true gooner said:

Adebayor said in his post match interview that the boxing celebrations after the goals were to signify to the fans the importance of the Derby. He said the boxing celebrations were to indicate "we will keep on fighting for the fans" or something like that (before stealling the bubbly from Aluminum :lol: )

Hardly the kind of thing to say if you don't understand the significance of the derby to the fans. A pundit saying they don't understand the importance of the Derby is typical of the English mentality of agrression before skill. That apparently has more value to the pundit than skill, intelligence and a game plan

You actually understood what he was saying?

The fella speaks too fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom