• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal (4) vs Bolton (1) Player Ratings

Man of the Match

• Arshavin

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Chamakh

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • Song

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

mo50

Established Member
Looking back at the highlights you realize how brilliant Fabregas' passes were. That time he fooled Muamba and released a through ball to Arshavin was breath taking. I'm glad he stayed this season. Best midfielder in the League.

sabret00the

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
sabret00the said:
We looks a different team once Denilson came on. Our passing game came together and looked fluent. For all my love of Wilshere, we just didn't have that fluency when he was on. I think he's clearly better at linking play in the final third rather than in the middle. Some people are saying he's getting that education that Joe Cole missed out on, but what at the detriment of?

Giving Denilson a five is laughable though. I read somewhere that he only ****** up one pass, that in itself gives him at least a six.

Wilshere's passing ability really isn't that great. He can execute good passes, but he doesn't have a consistent range to be a top creative playmaker. His passing is outstanding in relation to an offensive position within the front three, but not as an actual central midfielder. He really needs to play further up the pitch, because he's being wasted at the moment.
I think you're judging far too harshly and far too ignorantly of the facts. Wilshere isn't a holding midfielder which he's been played as. He's a mobile attacking forward with exemplary range, awareness and vision. The problem with the lad is consistency and expecting him to have that at his age is ludicrous.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
celestis said:
Fabregas's passes weren't that great at Wilsheres age either .

At 18, he was a regular in the team and it wasn't due to his physical strength. Fabregas ability on the ball has always been top class, even in his first couple of seasons in the side.

Timleaf

Established Member
Cesc is/was/always has been a genius. His passing and range of passing has been outstanding from the moment he put on our kit for the first time.

I was lucky enough to see his full debut for the club at the millenium stadium in the charity shield against Utd and he was one of the best players on the pitch. He was 16.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, he was good in that game from what i remember.. (watched it on TV).. everyone was asking themselves "who the f*** is this kid?"

Lord Dula

Established Member
Cesc will be a top class player til the day he retires. He's clever enough to adapt his game, no that he relies on pace and power which are the attributes which would fade over time.

Cesc however will be bald in a few years! :)

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I will always remember Cesc sliding perfectly weighted through ball to Henry who curled it in first time past Reina. I think he was 18/19 at the time so yes, Fabregas has always had the eye for a pass and execution as well.

Wilshere not so much but Ramsey has that ability in my opinion.

Godsend_Gooner

Almunia - 6. He had a decent performance, but looking at the goal again, he went too far to block off Lee, while there was a defender on cover. Secondary though. Not blaming him too much. Otherwise solid.

Eboue - 5. Poor. Defensively was found out a few times during the match and did not offer too much in the attacking half as well.

Squillaci - 6.5 Good Performance overall, coupled with some blips in concentration which can be cut out. Decent debut and got his head to a few corners and set pieces we got surprisingly.

Koscielny - 6.5. Again quite decent overall, but his mistake was not very good to see. It was a basic concentration error. Needs to cut it out. Got his first goal for us today so Congrats to him.

Gibbs - 6. He was selected to provide more attacking avenues, but failed to do so and did not create much of worth in the entire match. Defensively looked solid. Needs some games under his belt though to get some consistency.

Song - 7. Looked Okayish. He was constantly interchanging positions, so dont want to judge him on his defensive aspect alone. Looked decent going forward and used his strength to good effect to win some balls in the middle. Goal he scored involved high technique. Passing was woeful many a times.

Wilshere - 7. Good performance by him. Has the discipline and nuance to operate as a deep midfielder. His vision and execution is very good to see. At this moment he should have no qualms of not playing in his favourite position as long as he is getting games.

Fabregas - 9.3. Meh too good. You dont feel surprised now at the quality of passes he conjures up. Masterclass.

Rosicky - 6.5. Solid performance. Its quite clear he is not cutout for the wings. Still tried to link up and did good defensive work throughout the match.

Arshavin - 7.3. Worked his socks off today, and did not get anything out of it. Bad Luck. Still already 2 Assists and 2 goals in 4 matches. Efficient I say.

Chamakh - 7.8 Good performance. The dude's built like a stick, but still is able to hold of challenges, and his touch and passing looked very good. Lad's got a **** foot while finishing, but a golden head. \m/
Subs

Diaby - N/A.

Denilson - 6.6. Nice performance. Though it might have been helped by the fact that Bolton were down to 10.

Vela - 7. Good goal. Showed good movement.

outlaw_member

Established Member
sabret00the said:
I think you're judging far too harshly and far too ignorantly of the facts. Wilshere isn't a holding midfielder which he's been played as. He's a mobile attacking forward with exemplary range, awareness and vision. The problem with the lad is consistency and expecting him to have that at his age is ludicrous.

No, I agree that he's not a holding midfielder, but it's a position which allows him to showcase the full scope of his passing range. I concur with those strengths and I feel that they are exceptional in reference to an offensive position, but I remain unconvinced whether it's enough for a midfield role.

outlaw_member

Established Member
celestis said:

Fabregas's passing has always been on another planet. He was a better passer at 16, than Rosicky, Nasri, Wilshere, Hleb, and any other so called playmaker have ever been throughout their entire careers. Only, Bergkamp trumps him in the creative stakes, and that's probably inaccurate too, given that the Dutch legend played in a defensively naive era.

Biggus

Established Member
flobaba said:
Biggus said:
Ron Burgundy said:
Value for money, definitely!
:lol:
lol. You hardly miss a thing do you Biggus?
big-brother-is-watching-you-poster-card-c10204521.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gurgen said:
celestis said:

Actually they kinda were :lol:

I think Cesc had a better football brain than Wilshere has at the same age but his passing range has improved significantly since he 18 so will Wilsheres .

Top Bottom