Arsenal agree kit deal with Adidas

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

If I'm using your figures correctly, these new deals have effectively covered the loss of CL revenue (which is around 50M). I'm not even taking into account EL income which whilst not being close to CL income, is still a decent amount, especially if you can get to the Semis.

If we can qualify for the CL this year, we absolutely have to go on a spending spree. No excuses.

2. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

We've won more money from EL than United from CL last season.
    https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/how-arsenal-earned-more-money-14621612

asukru, ThlRama and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  3. Gooner Zig

celestis likes this.
  4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Oh there will definitely be a few excuses. I know two already, sustainability and stable income! Isn't there bubble somewhere too? Better be save than sorry.

5. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I know two too: Stan and Josh.

6. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Great deal, lets hope we use the money to benefit the team rather than the owners.

An annual £60m deal would put Arsenal third in the most lucrative kit deals in football, behind Barcelona’s contract with Nike and Manchester United’s contract with Adidas which are worth £140m-a-year and £75m-a-year respectively.

7. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

All I know is that they'd better put the banana kit out next summer
    and if they don't include Wrighty (who has been stanning Adidas and that kit for months) in the ad campaign then they're a disgrace.

8. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Doubt they’ll do that kit straight away, unless they want to ride the hype. 30th anniversary of it is only a couple of years away so could have to wait till then. :lol:

9. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Goodbye blue away kit. May you rot in hell from whence you came.

10. ClubLevel

ClubLevel Well-Known Member

I have never liked the blue kit either but does make you think what Adidas will come up with for the 3rd shirt. I cannot imagine us in a blue Adidas shirt so what options are we looking at? Green? Black? (always a solid Adidas colour). Surely they won't do white (even if our Nike one didn't look too bad).

11. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

If they pay any attention to social media whatsoever they've got to know people are expecting it. I get what you're saying but people will be upset lol.

12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I've seen a white 3rd kit concept, it's nice but looks too much like a Real Madrid knockoff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

That one.
    [​IMG]

Trilly and American_Gooner like this.
  14. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

15. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

:eek: Simply amazing.

You ****ers are setting me up for disappointment as we all know damn well Adidas isn't going to put out anything as fire as these fan makeups/photoshops.

I'm not coming into this thread again.

Batman likes this.
  16. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

This is a beauty! I hope we get something like this from them as our away kit then our home one can be white instead of black and the gold can be red.

Batman likes this.
  17. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Haven’t had an Arsenal home shirt since the summer that that Sanchez signed. Looking forward to this!

Gooner Zig likes this.
  19. Fawwaz Ahmed

Fawwaz Ahmed Member

Is the Barcelona number correct?? 140m a year?
    How can they get so much more than everyone else?
    Is there are different aspect to their deal as compared to everyone else

20. Gooner Zig

I'm wondering that too. That is around double of the Man United deal - can't be right.