• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Coaches Thread

Peterq

This guys deserve big applause. Excellent and hard working staff. Huge respect for backroom work but also finally we see coaches that even during the game gives instructions including goalkeeper :Celebration:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With Ljungberg leaving, I wonder how much the staff will be bolstered going into the season. They're apparently looking at bringing in a set-piece coach (which honestly, is a very good idea), and I'd assume there'd be a couple more additions. I read someone speculating that Arteta would bring in Cahill (which would be kinda funny :lol:) but I don't think that's terribly feasible. I'm intrigued by whether there will be more than once addition to replace Ljungberg and in what capacity (i.e. area of expertise).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good because since Emery Assistant manager left our defending from set pieces were shocking it'll be great addition.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
With Ljungberg leaving, I wonder how much the staff will be bolstered going into the season. They're apparently looking at bringing in a set-piece coach (which honestly, is a very good idea), and I'd assume there'd be a couple more additions. I read someone speculating that Arteta would bring in Cahill (which would be kinda funny :lol:) but I don't think that's terribly feasible. I'm intrigued by whether there will be more than once addition to replace Ljungberg and in what capacity (i.e. area of expertise).
This will be really interesting as in reality, Freddie was a virtual novice in a coaching sense. I read that Liverpool even have a throw in coach so I don't think Arteta will leave any stone unturned.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This will be really interesting as in reality, Freddie was a virtual novice in a coaching sense. I read that Liverpool even have a throw in coach so I don't think Arteta will leave any stone unturned.
Tbf to Freddie, he had done his coaching badges a while back and paid dues within Arsenal so he had actually been coaching for a while, mostly working with the U15s and U16s. His work with the U23s is really what cemented his reputation as a coach. Problem is he was always a 3rd wheel once he made the first team staff. He wasn't one of Unai's guys, and he probably didn't mesh all that well with Mikel either. Freddie's definitely his own man, that comes across often in how he carries himself and even when he communicated his ideas in the media.

RE Arteta, he will definitely want to cover his bases regarding us. He knows where we are weak and he's had more than his time at Arsenal to think about it given how spectacularly Emery's tenure fell off the wagon. Given how quickly he had to cobble together staff, I'm not surprised that he's beginning to shape the team to his desire now. I'm just intrigued to see whether he will bolster other areas of the coaching - maybe another offensive coach?

Latest posts

Top Bottom