• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC v Blackburn Rovers - Monday February 11, 8pm

RC8

Established Member
arsenalblackburnpremkh0.png

We are top of the league! And next in line are Blackburn Rovers.

Last time we played them in the league at home we still had that annoying habit of conceding first, and then getting the equaliser in the dying minutes of the game. We had done it against Everton, Newcastle, Aston Villa, and Porsmouth (although this one was 2-2 in the end after we had been trailing them by 2 goals). So, when Blackburn scored from a penalty early in the first half, every Gooner thought "here we go again". It was not to be though, and we played some breathtaking football that helped us record our most impressive league victory at our new stadium as we battered them 6-2.

Since then, we've met a few times, as they knocked us out of the FA Cup, and, as everyone I'm sure remembers, stole a point from us thanks to a Jens Lehmann blunder earlier this season that costed him his starting spot.

While I despise Blackburn Rovers, their stadium, their fans, their players, their manager, and everything their club stands for, I love playing against them at home. It's always a challenge. You know how they are going to play, and if you manage to beat them, then that's a test passed.

They have had a decent league campaign, and will probably settle for a draw, which will make it all the hardest for us if we want to remain at the top of the table in time for the break that will see us go to Old Trafford and receive AC Milan. It will be, as always, a difficult task. But I predict an Arsenal win; 2-0 to the Gunners.

lineupblackburnyb9.png

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
true gooner said:
An international week in between? Dont lay out the line-ups yet folks..:roll:
Well, at least we know that RvP isn't going to get injured for Holland; he's probably been fit along and Wenger just wanted to keep him away from the NT for a meaningless friendly. :)

Original_AAA

Noo! Internasional friendlies coming up? Odds of injuries anyone? 100-1 for 0 injury, 1-1 for 1-10.

Going back on topic, I really really really want a rerun of the 6-2 thrasing, but without the -2 part. :wink:

JazzG

Established Member
Another top performance needed, we sent a good message of intent against Man City but now we need to really punish a team I feel. I think our players are one game away from really hitting top form and with crunch games against Man utd and Milan we will need to be in top form.

We need a top performance to really get some of our players going, especially Fabregas and Hleb who are improving but not at their previous levels. Hopefully those two are timing themselves for the final push but they need to hit top gear pretty damn soon!

After that Sp**s battering we have responded well so far but I demand more!

ibby

Established Member
Togo aren't playing.

When God was handing out nationalities, good thing he gave Adebayor a useless nation.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Well at least that **** Savage is not there anymore.

I predict a 4:1 thrashing with doubles from Ade and Edu. Lets stay injury free please..

Nutsy

Established Member
ibby said:
Togo aren't playing.

When God was handing out nationalities, good thing he gave Adebayor a useless nation.

Have a little respect for one's country. Togo may not qualified in a football competition, but that doesn't give you the right to call ones country useless.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Gunners_Nadz said:
ibby said:
Togo aren't playing.

Have a little respect for one's country. Togo may not qualified in a football competition, but that doesn't give you the right to call ones country useless.

You're right Nadz,

Togo were not lucky in the last game as they lost to Mali. Remember that Togo played in Germany '06.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ibby your posts are really going from bad to worse. No argumentative logic, no recollection on the team's record, now it's lack of respect to players' home country. Yet I can forgive your nonsense given your admission being an ex-ManUre&Cheski fan.

number_0

Established Member
I am`worried about this game tbh, no savage but they have santa cruz.
watching blackburn is like 10 adebayors of last season getting caught offside 428 times a game, good thing senderos is starting, BB while be aiming to bomb crosses into our box throughout.
fingers crossed about the injuries.

Juicy

Gunners_Nadz said:
ibby said:
Togo aren't playing.

Come on Nadz, that was a joke. How you can be offended by that dazzles me. He meant football useless not general useless. Presuming you got that, do you not accept that some countries are better at football than others. Would you complain if he said that Spain or Ivory Coast was a good nation at football? If you have a problem with someone saying Yemen are useless at football, much as someone might say Havant and Waterlooville are useless at football, you've got some priorities to sort out.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We play at home so think we could put them fast behind us, but its gonna be again a tricky game we are gonna make the game and they will wait for a counter-attack, or waiting for some corners or free kicks because we are,nt the strongest team to deal with that, but its improving i must admit.

2-0 win for us

stuart

Established Member
Not worried about this one. Since we've added a new dimension to our game i dont fear thugs like Blackburn anymore. If they start kicking lumps out of us Flamini will kick their heads in.

Confident of winning three points, particuarly at home.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i would say this should be a "fairly" comfortable win for us.. i can see a 2 goal win..

we should have won in Ewood if not for the Jens blunder.. i dont think we will see a repeat of that.......

Top Bottom