• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC v Blackburn Rovers - Monday February 11, 8pm

ibby

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
one thing, did anybody notice how frustrated ade was the whole night till he had scored the goal. now he has become a goalscoring freak. he keep staring at eduardo and hleb when their passes didnt reach him.

I noticed that too, if Eduardo hadn't been so greedy or one legged yesterday Adebayor could have had a couple.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
ibby said:
arsenal_hleb said:
one thing, did anybody notice how frustrated ade was the whole night till he had scored the goal. now he has become a goalscoring freak. he keep staring at eduardo and hleb when their passes didnt reach him.

I noticed that too, if Eduardo hadn't been so greedy or one legged yesterday Adebayor could have had a couple.
i don't really like ade's stare to be honest. he is beginning to be like henry.

i notice eduardo is super one legged. he could have scored more if he don't cut back and try to go for the other leg to shoot or pass.

Rohit

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Solid performance and solid win, thats about it. The thing which matters the most tonight is that we did not drop points and are 5 points ahead of Manchester United(take that Carrick you c**t). I noticed again tonight that when the other teams play defensively with 10 men behind the ball, we tend to struggle to create many chances as we tend to try to pass the ball to the goal and this fails almost every time. I still wonder why we do not have an alternate way of building up our attacks against teams such as Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham and so on who are very predictable. There were notable periods in the 2nd half tonight where we kept losing the ball around Blackburn`s area because our players kept overdoing things and kept running into Blackburn`s wall of defenders. We can`t continue to have the same approach to these small time defensive teams if we are to stay ahead of Manchester United long term this season, had Blackburn been a better counter-attacking team they could have easily scored tonight.

We are top of the table by 5 points having played like that for 26 games. We have much more variation to our play now than we have ever had under Wenger. Them over elaborating at times does get annoying, but they love to play football that way and its the football that will take them to the title.

Anyways a great performance in my opinion. At the back of pointless international friendlies, with 11 players injured and some playing at 80% fitness, having travelled in midweek, can't be more proud of this team. We may not have dominated possession, Blackburn did pass it around well but created nothing, Senderos and Gallas were solid. I don't remember Lehmann having to make even a save.

It was the performance of Champions, we can't always win by 2 or more goals. We were very professional, defended our lead well and Championship winning teams do win games 1-0. Adebayor's goal was just icing on the cake.

Great performance.

Gurgen

Established Member
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:
Kaka is a different ball game from Fat Ronaldo, slow Trez and lazy Zlatan though Jazz. He is not just technical but deceptively quick and probably the most clever attacker in the world. You saw what he did to Rio Ferdinand, a CB who is supposed to be quick, strong and a great reader of the game. And I've rarely seen a young striker with the movement that Pato has.

I don't think Kaka played against Rio mate, I'm pretty sure he missed both of those Milan games. I do however remember him twisting Vidic inside out and Heinze at Old Trafford, boy he gave those a right roasting! The main problem Man utd had with Kaka was they didn't play with a DM in either of their matches so Kaka ran them ragged as he was always in space and could dictate and expose the defenders, this is why Fergie went out and spent so big on Hargreaves because he wouldn't of allowed Kaka to run the show like that. Look at the final and Mascherano was so far up Kaka's arse I bet it is still sore, he didn't give him an inch and as soon as he went off Kaka started to run the show because King Gerrard and Alonso don't do defending. I bet Fergie saw that and decided he would pay whatever it takes to makes sure he had someone like Hargreaves who also is a very good defensive midfielder. The match against Milan will be Flamini's true test, Gilberto didn't give Zidane an inch when we played R.Madrid and Flamini will need to do a similar job on Kaka. This for me could be his defining moment as an Arsenal player because if he keeps him quiet for me he puts himself into the top bracket of defensive midfielders. So far Flamini has come out of this season with flying colours but he has to stay close to Kaka for every min and track him for the whole game.

Fair enough, but Flamini is a not a defensive midfielder. We don't play with one, that's why we are leading the EPL. He is box to box and he will not track one player for 90 minutes, it's simply not his game.

This may sound silly to some, but Gilberto would be the first name on my team sheet.

IBL

Established Member
bojed said:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=WDZ87Q9O

this will be the post of the month.

EDIT - GUNNERS4L1FE beat me to it in the "Alex Hleb" thread. sh*t!
I finally got to see it, absolutely hysterical. Hleb with the cheesiest smile and Ade actually pausing to draw some much needed breath in between his sentences :lol:

Top Bottom