• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC v Blackburn Rovers - Player Ratings

Ooh to be a gooner

Lehman - 6 Solid yet unspectacular return, good handling on crosses
Sagna - 7.5 - What a find, he does both the job of a full back and winger with aplomb
Gallas - 7 - Captain Marvellous, steady as a rock
Senderos - 8 Superb. Touré may find himself warming the bench for a while, a la Gilberto!!!
Clichy - 7 - Another faultless display
Cesc - 6.5 - Fluffed a couple of inviting opportunities, and some poor distribution, but still showed moments of genuine class
Gilberto - 6.5 - Much better performance
Flamini - 7 - He is a big reason why Arsenal can no longer be out muscled in the midfield, just another day at the office!
Hleb - 8 - A truly scintillating demonstration of how to keep the ball, and he also revealed another dimension to his game, how to win the ball. Did anyone else notice how many times he tracked back and won vital tackles?!! Also contributed with an assist, MOTM performance
Eduardo - 6.5 - still looks rather ineffectual when he's not scoring, far too easy to dispossess, but he showed a lot of endeavour with his unselfish running
Adebayor - 7.5 - What a finish! Not at his supreme best but showed some moments of finesse and class, none more so than his goal

Overall a really good display. Some of our passing and possession football was as good as I've seen in a long time. We look like genuine champions elect!

Christofaux

at times it looked like we had 4 CMs

We had a DM - flamini, a Slightly less DM - Gilberto, a slightly more AM - Fab and an AM - hleb

But Fab was written down as RM.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Nothing to do bar a couple of corners, and 1 minor ****-up

Sagna -8 Was there to make up for Cesc not being as willing on the wing, worked his socks of to get back & forward.
Gallas - 7 Clean sheet, job done
Senderos - 7Clean sheet, job done + 1 good header and few minor mistakes
Clichy - 7 Bentley's early balls not the norm, but performed to his usual standard.

Hleb - 7, Unlucky not to have scored, could have shot more too.
Gilberto - 6.5 (would have been 7.5 after opening 20mins but then seemed to loose it a bit) but is improvment
Flamini - 7
Cesc - 6.5 Less willing to get forward on the wing, came in more then should have

Eduardo - 7 more involved in play
Ade - 7 (6.5 w/o the goal, sloppy passing)

ZanYGooneR

Gooner_Stu said:

Sagna -8 Was there to make up for Cesc not being as willing on the wing, worked his socks of to get back & forward.
Clichy - 7 Bentley's early balls not the norm, but performed to his usual standard.

Gilberto - 6.5 (would have been 7.5 after opening 20mins but then seemed to loose it a bit) but is improvment
Flamini - 7
Cesc - 6.5 Less willing to get forward on the wing, came in more then should have

Ade doesn't get paid to pass he gets paid to score and that's what he did for the 7th consecutive game which also put him joint top with Ronaldo for the boot. As long he keeps scoring I couldn't give a monkeys about his passing.

Christofaux

ZanYGooneR said:
Gooner_Stu said:

Flamini - 7

Ade doesn't get paid to pass he gets paid to score and that's what he did for the 7th consecutive game which also put him joint top with Ronaldo for the boot. As long he keeps scoring I couldn't give a monkeys about his passing.

then take it off for his ****e first touch.

Biggus

Established Member
Because you gave Ade 4, Which doesn't make any sense, he worked his socks off all evening, and was brilliant. As were Senderos and Hleb.

Lehman 6

Sagna 7

Gallas 6

Senderos 8 Well done Phil you've given Arsène a headache when Kolo returns.

Clichy 6 Bentley gave him some trouble.

Hleb 8 Jebus he can hit them- why doesn't he do it more often?

Flamini 7

Gilberto 6

Fabregas 7

Eduardo 5 Wrong decisions all night.

Adebayor 8

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lehmann 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 7.5
Senderos 7.5
Clichy 6.5

Hleb 8
Gilberto 6.5
Flamini 7.
Fabregas 6.5

Eduardo 6.5
Adebayor 7.5 (well he did get a goal) :D

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Lehmann 7

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 7

Hleb 8,5
Gilberto 6
Flamini 7
Cesc 6,5

Eduardo 6,5
Ade 7

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lehmann 7.5 - caught the ball well the whole night and even did well preventing a corner late on.

Sagna 7.5 - bombed forward whole night and was solid
Gallas 7.5 - another good captain performances. when we were quite frustrating, he tried to show his worth and bombed forward too
Senderos 7.5 - good goal, good defensive display. who says he can't handle drogba and mccarthy?
Clichy 7 - crossing quite average.

Hleb 9 - amazing dribbler, and a good shooter. what a shot. unlucky though
Gilberto 5.5 - i am being nice. he misplaced alot of passes
Flamini 7 - decent
Cesc 6.5 - not his best

Eduardo 6.5 - very one legged
Ade 7 - wenger says he is the best striker, and i quite agree

Lukazan

Established Member
Biggus said:
Because you gave Ade 4, Which doesn't make any sense, he worked his socks off all evening, and was brilliant.

I don't think his work-rate was particularly stand out. As I said in the Adebayor thread, his goal has gone a little way to covering up a really poor performance.

I'm not the kind of person that sees a striker have a terrible game then bump his score up considerably because he scored a goal. Sure, Adebayor is on to score goals and he scored one in the dying seconds (although that was all about Hleb) but I could counter by pointing out that for the other 91 minutes of the game Adebayor was actually preventing us from scoring goals, as was Eduardo, from either selfishness or a complete lack of vision.

Ade's been great this season, especially in recent months but he was poor last night, there's no other way about it.

Christofaux

Biggus said:
Because you gave Ade 4, Which doesn't make any sense, he worked his socks off all evening, and was brilliant.
His first touch was often dire. He lost the ball numerous times. Hopefully we dont need to start giving him an early goal so he plays for the team for the rest of the game... mind you if we could do it every game i supposed i'de be down with that.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lehmann - 6
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 6
Flamini - 6
Cesc - 7
Gilberto - 7
Hleb - 7
Eduardo - 6 - did well in the first half, got worse in the second half
Ade - 7 - I could have given him a 5 if he didn't score. Worst player in the side in the first half, gradually lifted his game in the second half.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Lukazan said:
... Sure, Adebayor is on to score goals and he scored one in the dying seconds (although that was all about Hleb) but I could counter by pointing out that for the other 91 minutes of the game Adebayor was actually preventing us from scoring goals, as was Eduardo, from either selfishness or a complete lack of vision...
To an extent perhaps, but I think Friedel had a lot to do with that as well.

Lukazan

Established Member
Hmm, I was talking about the pair of them messing up so bad that a shot on goal never materialised.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Lukazan said:
Hmm, I was talking about the pair of them messing up so bad that a shot on goal never materialised.
Well, Ade headed the ball to Cesc who passed to Flam who was denied by Friedel; Gallas had a shot deflected wide after exchanging passes with Eduardo; Hleb's effort that struck the post was after Eduardo picked him out on the edge of the area and Friedel saved the resulting Ade shot with his legs; Adebayor went close again, when he cut inside and had a shot that Friedel went down sharply to save.

So, "hmm" all you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom