• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

stuart

Established Member
For all you fine Irish lads out there, RTE are showing the Premiership at 7.30 tonight :)

Good chance we'll be on first because of Keane!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Tony Montana said:
Alfonso said:
arsenal_hleb said:
super interesting to see the comments from sunderland boards.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... 939&page=5

look at how worried they are, then turn to happiness...

a quick look at their main board shows childishness on their parts on some topics about us

:shock: 55 pages on their match thread? Where the f**k did they get so many fans? Im actually shocked. I never knew people in Sunderland could read in the first place. joke.

But the pages are so small.
i think to be fair to them, they have only those couple of posters posting and ranting when their team is losing.

no surprise at the number of pages. it their pages are bigger i think its only half of our match thread

Feis-al

Sublime said:
Liverpool just dropped more points - the gap is opening up!

For a moment they had me thinking only to remember they are aiming for their own tournment which ends by Chrismas, it must be tough supporting them but around my place, they are so loud mouthed that you they get relegated.

As for our game, I really pity the next person we play because someone will get a hiding, the reality to do was scaring to the kids that i thought they would get stupid suspensions. I'm glad gilberto had to come in but i believe he come late too because flamster was trying to cover clichy and sagna who in all honet have had better games but what the heck, we are not Sp**s and A WIN is A WIN

Arsenal_FAN1983

I hope we prove Keane wrong by beating Liverpool and MANU.
I think if we can beat those two we will be on our way to winning the title, obviously we will still need to work hard to get through, but if we can beat these two teams our confidence will be sky high, more so than it is now.

giuliob

Although Liverpool hasn't lost a game yet, they have showed me nothing so far (in the games I've seen).....Shocking against Marseille, and a subpar performance against Sp**s.....Lucky to come away with a point today....Benitez rotation is going to take him out of everything if he continues.....I look to the ManU and Chelsea games as key to our long term success....But, on second thought, in the long run, it comes down to the next game, period.....I think I'll stick with that approach and not dwell on the other teams....This PL is a grind out the wins league.....One at a time.....Bolton on the 20th......

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Thats it mags. I take every match as it comes

Looking at future matches and deep thinking into them is not my style...

....Obviously I couldnt help but notice we have bolton, scousers then mancs next but everyone bangs on about it

Treat every matc like it your last

Anyone know how much MPH rvp's shot was? Wouldnt be surprised if it surpassed martins cannonball

tam1886

Established Member
His shots are amazing.

Theres people with great accuracy, like Beckham, and people with great power, like Toure, but very rarely a player comes along who can combine both so effectively.

I'm not saying his accuracy or power is as great as those two, but he combines both elements so well.

stuart

Established Member
Just seen the highlights and it pains me to say it ....but.....arrrrrr it hurts.....Kolo was at fault for their 2 goals (im so sorry Kolo!)

For the first he just missed his man altogether and literally went steaming past him, forgetting to stop and block the shot!

For the second, well, i dunno, he just got lost! Instead of helping Flamini out he left him with 2 players on the wing, they were able to play round him and get in the cross with Kolo standing in no mans land, Clichy was left marking Jones and lets be honest, it wasn't a contest and we couldn't have expected it to be :lol:

Other than that. I thought we did very well. Van Persies free kick was an absolute rocket, absolutely superb strike. He just rifled it! Still cant see what Diabys second was ruled out for (great first goal he scored too!) Theo was brilliant, nothing else for it!

tam1886

Established Member
stuart said:
Just seen the highlights and it pains me to say it ....but.....arrrrrr it hurts.....Kolo was at fault for their 2 goals (im so sorry Kolo!)

For the first he just missed his man altogether and literally went steaming past him, forgetting to stop and block the shot!

For the second, well, i dunno, he just got lost! Instead of helping Flamini out he left him with 2 players on the wing, they were able to play round him and get in the cross with Kolo standing in no mans land, Clichy was left marking Jones and lets be honest, it wasn't a contest and we couldn't have expected it to be :lol:

Other than that. I thought we did very well. Van Persies free kick was an absolute rocket, absolutely superb strike. He just rifled it! Still cant see what Diabys second was ruled out for (great first goal he scored too!) Theo was brilliant, nothing else for it!
Completely agree. And for the second, Sagna was in the LB position, the highlights didnt show how he ended up there be he was miles away from where he should have been

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Anyone know how much MPH rvp's shot was? Wouldnt be surprised if it surpassed martins cannonball
MOTD clocked RvPs freekick at 77mph, what was Martins'?

andyswafc

We are pure class, the disallowed goal should have been given. If it had, we probably would have won 6-7 nil. Great assist from Theo for RVP's goal.

Kolo's shot, thought the goal was going to collapse!

JazzG

Established Member
Which Martins shot is this?

KY said:
JazzG said:
AFCG7 said:
What did Flamini do ?

Went in for the tackle, the guy got their first and stamped on the guy's thigh. Not really a hard stamp and he did kind of pull out but could of got a red card for that.

now i'm just confused, which 'guy' is who? which one is flamini? the one stamping or being stamped?

I just read my post again and I have no idea what I was waffling on about :lol:

What it should say is, Flamini and the Sunderland player both went for the ball however the Sunderland player got their first. Flamini followed through and his foot was very high and caught the Sunderland player on his thigh. Kind of similar to the McShane red card incident.

mjp81

Nice to grind out a win, especially with so many players out of form.

Clichy had an absolute nightmare today. His passing was awful, he was constantly out of position, and he put us under pressure on several occasions. Elsewhere, Fabregas wasn't his usual self, Adebayor was anonymous. Even rock-solid Sagna was pretty weak - maybe he's hair powered and is taking time getting used to being shorn. During the warm up I thought he was Diarra! Time to go to specsavers I think...

Thought Theo did well; couple of nice turns and runs, although he still needs to quicken up his thinking in the final third. Definitely improving though, and could have had two goals to add to his assist. Hitting the post was very unlucky, likewise when he couldn't dig the ball out from under his feet from Hleb's cross.

Slightly worrying to see us being put under pressure for a fair chunk of the game. Don't think we've been that under the cosh since Chelsea last season. But, at the end of the day, it's the 3 points that matter.

Atmosphere was pretty subdued today, but it always is with these early kick offs. I hate them with a passion. It didn't feel like a football match to me, it felt like a sunday morning... which it was.

Having said that, the Sunderland supporters were fantastic.

Good result, exciting game, mediocre performance. Still top of the league though! Come on you gunners!

famous no 10

Established Member
Poor defending today from everyone really, even Kolo was at fault and Clichy had his worst game of the season...but then this will happen with a young side.

I think they just got complacent...every one telling them how good they've been, and then storming into a 2 goal lead in 25 mins, they got a little too cocky against a good, experienced Sunderland side managed by a guy who knows how to battle.

Although, if this was last season I think we would have drawn or even lost...we've come quite far with a determination that could just carry us to win something this year...great entertainment as well, unlike the other "top 4" sides at the moment.

Top Bottom