• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Wigan Ath FC | Sat,Nov24th,3pm | Emirates Std

Wenger14

Established Member
Lukazan said:
But Hleb played 25 leagues games in his first season (despite the injury and op, which was just unlucky) and 33 last season. It's hardly half the team's games is it? Before joining Arsenal you'd have to go back 5 years for the last time he didn't play more than 30 leagues games, and I'm sure that's just because he had not yet established himself at Stuttgart.

However, something does need to be done about the Rosicky situation. I like him, and he's a fantastic player and I don't think he should be sold, but he cannot be relied upon. Someone like Modric, although I'm personally absolutely sure it's not going to happen, would be a great signing for the right price and the 4 of them (Fabregas included) rotating around the midfield when and if need be does sound like a mouth water prospect.
It does, doesn't it. It gives us a chance to rotate without dropping quality and also gives us someone to fill in for Rosicky missing a third of the season. Anyway, QFT.

banduan

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Good article from Myles here

(yes, I know..)

Dis the Arsenal players really blank Emile Heskey? Good on em!

I liked the article preceding and after better. Especially the one about England cos he has it mostly spot on.
For the one afterwards, talking about Tom's goal:

The woman in the next seat jumped up, put her arms round me and kissed my cheek for the second time. Shame I missed the Slavia Prague game.

:lol:

j'nuh

Did someone say Myles Palmer?

"Strachan had effectively signed a £14 million player for only £6 million and left Leeds, Chelsea and Arsenal looking stupid. For Wenger, the most annoying thing of all was that Robbie Keane would have been dynamite alongside Overmars and Bergkamp because he is sparky and they are cool.

The chemistry would have been perfect. He would have been exactly the right player to replace Anelka, but Arsenal blew it, big-time."

Woe betide the man who signs Theirry Henry instead of Robbie Keane!

If anyone could dig up the 'Henry is not a striker' quote i would be eternally grateful.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

banduan said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Good article from Myles here

(yes, I know..)

Dis the Arsenal players really blank Emile Heskey? Good on em!

I liked the article preceding and after better. Especially the one about England cos he has it mostly spot on.
For the one afterwards, talking about Tom's goal:

The woman in the next seat jumped up, put her arms round me and kissed my cheek for the second time. Shame I missed the Slavia Prague game.

:lol:

Ian grant that was , I like him doesn't pretend he know everything about football.

air

Yep. Too many playmakers playing for us right now. We need to bring in some genuine wingers who can cross the ball. My ass. It's a blessing to have at least Rosicky on the field.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
j'nuh said:

"Strachan had effectively signed a £14 million player for only £6 million and left Leeds, Chelsea and Arsenal looking stupid. For Wenger, the most annoying thing of all was that Robbie Keane would have been dynamite alongside Overmars and Bergkamp because he is sparky and they are cool.

The chemistry would have been perfect. He would have been exactly the right player to replace Anelka, but Arsenal blew it, big-time."

If anyone could dig up the 'Henry is not a striker' quote i would be eternally grateful.

That's true, Myles said that. What's its relevance here?.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I like ANR. Myles makes a lot of wild and often ridiculous predictions but nonetheless it usually provides an interesting read.

j'nuh

RocktheCasbah said:
j'nuh said:

That's true, Myles said that. What's its relevance here?.

None in particular, just reminded of how funny i find Myles' pompous rubbish. Who ever needed a good reason to take the piss out of ANR?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Bitter Bruce blasts Blues after delayed Wigan switch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

TBF to brucey, brum did mess him around. Ok he may not of got a result but the players would of felt much more assured having spent time with their manager a few days before a match

Hope wigan stay up, I like brucey and hope he does well. Expect to see another arsenal contigent up wigan pretty soon

banduan

Established Member
kaids said:
I like ANR. Myles makes a lot of wild and often ridiculous predictions but nonetheless it usually provides an interesting read.

He makes hexes thats what he does. Never known such a jinx!

But yeah, entertaining articles are why I always go there.

Top Bottom