• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The money to speculate with is decided at board level

The money is there to speculate alright we just have a dithering indecisive manager not sure how best to speculate himself.
Wenger repeatedly saying that money was available for him this summer, had he been able to identify the right players
Read more at http://www.sportskeeda.com/football...-revenues-2014-15-season/#93Ecglfv70ErCJXW.99

‘We’ve got good confidence that we can compete for the best talent. We can pay bigger salaries and we can invest more in transfer fees.

'How we make those decisions will be based on a manager whose judgements over the years has been shown to be outstanding.'

The money was there, simple, board members have repeatedly said so, our overall income has increased -commercial deals, TV money via the league and Champions League -our reserves have increased, all verifiable through accounts and general media.

The issue isn't money it's the manager who would have a tizzy at an all you can eat buffet.

JENSON_GUNNER

Is it still Wenger who is dithering, he did go and buy a lot of players the season before. This season he hasn't even looked at signing any outfield players. Wenger was quick to come out with a statement after Sir Chips said we could buy any player in the world except for Messi and Ronaldo. That was weird, tbh.

Is Ivan and Stan behind the lack of investment into the squad this season ? Or is it Wenger who feels the squad is good enough, in which case he should be responsible for the current mess then.

Stan could be looking at securing cash reserves to use it as collateral to get funding to do a full take over ?? Not sure what his plan is, he is helped by a Manager who is prudish in the transfer market.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I wish I was born 10 years earlier, would have made a killing with a few shares in Arsenal. The perfect business, successful blue chip that shows no signs of slowing down.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'm telling you, wenger loves the economic success he's built as much as he loves football. They are his 2 great passions.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Stadium expansion by 2022 I feel will happen. Still hoping that PL will allow standing section of 15K like Bundesliga.
Would be great if they did and much cheaper than expanding the stadium.

Prawn Sandwich

Ignoring "limited supply thus keeping ticket prices high" business model; public transport issues (we have the max capacity stadium we could have for the available buses/trains/underground to cope with; the height of roof related to neighbouring properties' available daylight; and cables/pipes/utilities under the stadium for a second...

I would love to see the Emirates bumper up to 65,000/70,000! More people able to enjoy Arsenal in the flesh. It's an experience like no other!

A sold out 70,000 Emirates would be ridiculous! My dream.

When you think of those constraints they did bloody well to get 60,000 on that wee triangle of land.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Stadium expansion by 2022 I feel will happen. Still hoping that PL will allow standing section of 15K like Bundesliga.

This is an interesting thread on it and I hope I'm not breaking any rules linking to another Arsenal forum

http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28647

So it sounds like there's allot blocking expansion and even an increase in capacity. Arsenal would have to spend 60million on tube redevelopments alone to get council approval.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-25_10-42-40.png
    upload_2015-9-25_10-42-40.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 0

musicmonkey

Established Member
It also gives a much more realistic picture of our cash reserves. 127.5m is still pretty significant but its much lesser than the 193.1m figures being bandied about.
This is important to note.

If the board are looking at expanding the stadium significantly then that money will be gone faster than many would think. I know City's initial 6,000 expansion to 54,000 was quoted at £50m (could have come out as more in the end). If we have to cover the tube expansion at £60m then that money is nearly gone already.

People whining about the cash reserves better get used to it. I'd put money on an expansion by 2022 and we're better off with that level of cash to fund it than taking on extra debt. The long term plan we've had has always revolved around the stadium, with other teams expanding and our hefty season ticket waiting list i'd be surprised if this wasn't on the cards.

spartandre217

Established Member

If the board are looking at expanding the stadium significantly then that money will be gone faster than many would think. I know City's initial 6,000 expansion to 54,000 was quoted at £50m (could have come out as more in the end). If we have to cover the tube expansion at £60m then that money is nearly gone already.

People whining about the cash reserves better get used to it. I'd put money on an expansion by 2022 and we're better off with that level of cash to fund it than taking on extra debt. The long term plan we've had has always revolved around the stadium, with other teams expanding and our hefty season ticket waiting list i'd be surprised if this wasn't on the cards.

We would never spend accumulated cash on any large project like that. I would put money on us using debt to fund it. The plus point being that we'd get interest rates of damn near zero while doing so. No business worth anything spends massive cash on capital projects especially one that won't generate much additional income, it's just not done.

That said, I think there's very little chance of Stan going down that route. He's more likely to try to find public funds to improve the metro.

Balance is key

Holy ****ing crap - people are already defending another 15 years without competing while paying the highest prices out of any fanbase anywhere.

Kroenke is using Arsenal to fund itself off the pitch rather than on the pitch - It makes a lot of sense to him - not for the fans or the trophy cabinet.

tbh the regard Arsenal is getting has deteriorated a lot during our barren spell - we as a club need to catch up - not fall even further behind.

would much rather go 2-3 years without CL football than go another 15 of scraping fourth under Kroenke.

**** him - **** his money and **** his lack of ambition on our behalf

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Surprised Wenger doesn't just buy a coach company to take people to different tube stations. They could use them for "Arsenal Tours" when matches aren't being played.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom