• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal - Liverpool Player Ratings

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I thought it was Song's best game this season.. worked really hard..

it's worrying that our fullbacks are experiencing poor form at the same time.. they were vital for us in the start of last season, and we need them to step it up..

I'm very pleased with the effort, so everyone deserves a 6.. Nasri, Gallas, RVP, Song, Denilson and perhaps Djourou deserves 7/7.5

Proof

Established Member
Almunia 6.5

Sagna 5
Gallas 7
Djourou 6.5
Clichy 5

Denilson 6.5
Fabregas 7
Song 7
Nasri 6.5

Adebayor 6
Van Persie 7

Subs: Diaby 5

dutchMasta

Almunia 7 (Comfortable, could do nothing about the goal)

Sagna 5.5 (Ok, but not his usual self)
Gallas 7 (Solid)
Djourou 6 (Slow for the goal, but ok otherwise)
Clichy 5 (Bit sloppy)

Denilson 6.5 (Better in the centre)
Song 7.5 (Solid defensive display)
Fabregas 6.5 (Composed)
Nasri 7 (Worked hard, nice assist)

RVP 7.5 (Great take for the goal, put himself about)
Adebayor 6 (Fine, undeserved sending off)

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Almunia - 6

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Djourou - 6 - Played Keane onside, otherwise solid, but why do we play such a high line.
Clichy - 7

Song - 8
Cesc - 7
Denilson - 6
Nasri - 7 - Good Assist

Van Persie - 7 - Great goal
Adebayor - 6 - Harsh sending off

Diaby - 4 - Gave the ball away constantly, picked the wrong options, ran into Liverpools over and over again, generally clueless.

True Gooner

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
almunia - 8 - thought he was excellent today
sagna - 6.5
gallas - 8
djourou - 7 - great except for the loss of concentration on the goal; i said he would have these growing pains but i'm still ok with them because his growth is obvious - expect him to be european class next season
clichy - 6
nasri - 7
denilson - 7.5
song - 7 - lazy, drifts too far forward
fabregas - 7
van persie - 7.5 - dropping too deep, good things happen when he's close to goal
adebayor - 7 - i wouldve choked the ref if i were him

diaby - 4 - needs to learn when to hold things up and when to pass. someone find him a clue. can he buy a vowel? phone a friend??

Agree - except I'd swap Song and Denilsons ratings.

Plus would like to say that RvP worked really hard after Ade went off - didnt think he had it in him.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6

Sagna - 6
Gallas - 7
Djourou - 6 (one mistake cost him unfortunately)
Clichy - 5

Song - 6
Cesc - 7
Denilson - 6
Nasri - 7

Van Persie - 7
Adebayor - 6

Diaby - 2 Woeful.

DOUBLE-YOU

kamikaze80 said:
almunia - 8 - thought he was excellent today
sagna - 6.5
gallas - 8
djourou - 7 - great except for the loss of concentration on the goal; i said he would have these growing pains but i'm still ok with them because his growth is obvious - expect him to be european class next season
clichy - 6
nasri - 7
denilson - 7.5
song - 7 - lazy, drifts too far forward
fabregas - 7
van persie - 7.5 - dropping too deep, good things happen when he's close to goal
adebayor - 7 - i wouldve choked the ref if i were him

diaby - 4 - needs to learn when to hold things up and when to pass. someone find him a clue. can he buy a vowel? phone a friend??

agree. i think he had a wierd game. he started well, although lost possession a bit, and he worked hard, but he did drift and he was lazy tracking back. i also would give a 7 for his display. i was shouting at him a lot because there were times when we were down to 10 men and he was the furthest forward. total lack of discipline. he also doesn't seem to sprint when tracking back. he gets there when he gets there. maybe it's just his demeanour...but he fought well for the team.

i am hoping this could be a changing moment for the team. it was the first time i have see nasri, denilson and RvP scrap. (when they do it in an away game then we really will be ready to win a league title)
RvP was annoymous until adebayor got sent off. after that he took the mantle. this is one of the most pleasing performances i have seen from him. not that he was unbelievable technically, but because he played like a leader.
disappointed with the back four. i have read wenger doesn't do training drills and i think he needs to. there is no shape whatsoever. the amount of times we got caught out with a long ball was frightning.

alonso14

Established Member
Almunia: 8

Sagna: 6
Clichy: 5
Gallas: 7
Djourou: 6

Nasri: 7
Song: 8
Denilson: 6
Cesc: 6

Ade: 5
RvP: 7

Reina: 6
Arbeloa: 6
Agger: 7
Carra: 6
Insua: 7
Gerrard: 5
Alonso: 7
Lucas: 6
Riera: 6
Kuyt: 6
Keane: 7

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 7. Swept up quite a through dangerous through balls brilliantly. Had no chance with the goal.

Sagna - 7. Put in one or two dangerous balls. He also hit the first man too many times. Dealt with the double-team of Riera and Insua pretty well.

Gallas - 7.5. Great defensive display. I didn't see whether his tackle on Gerrard was a penalty?

Djourou - 7. I genuinely thought the composure he showed under pressure, and his distribution was world class. His defending also, but he made that one big mistake. He is 21 and by next season he should be one of the best around.

Clichy - 6. He was afforded little to no protection. Made a few little mistakes, and one massive one, when Gerrard should have scored. Also made some brilliant interceptions and awesome one-on-one.

Denilson - 7. Made some good runs forward and worked really hard. He also made some good tackles. A few badly misplaced passes and weak attempts at challenges thrown in as well.

Fabregas - 7. Was orchestrating our dominance nicely until his injury. Hope to God it isn't too bad.

Song - 7.5 - Showed great energy and desire and was running on will power alone towards the end. Very Strong in the tackle. He showed his tactical naivety a few times by leaving Clichy and Sagna exposed a couple of times because he failed in a tackle or simply got passed around and as a result got taken out of play.

Nasri - 7.5 Awesome pass for Van Persie. He showed some great footwork and dribbling ability. Just got crowded out too many times.

Van Persie - 8. World class goal. That is what Van Persie is all about. Some of the flicks and close control he showed in the second half to hold the ball up were brilliant. The thing I loved about him to day was his phenomenal workrate. He ran and tackled and gave everything. He was our captain out there when Cesc had to go off. Very pleased for him.

Adebayor - 5. He just can't get going this season. His movement isn't good enough to make up for the lack of service he is getting at themoment. He simply isn't intelligent enough. He looked incredibly quick and strong today though, and had one brilliant run down the left wing. Never, ever should have been sent off.

Subs

Diaby - 4. Woeful.

True Gooner

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Adebayor - 5. He just can't get going this season. His movement isn't good enough to make up for the lack of service he is getting at themoment. He simply isn't intelligent enough. He looked incredibly quick and strong today though, and had one brilliant run down the left wing. Never, ever should have been sent off.

Excuse me? 11 assists. 8 Goals. Playing in front of the worst Arsenal midfield in 12 years.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Ade always seems to get alot of stick.. remember last season when people were saying that the only reason he performed was because of the great midfield we had.. well now we have a sh*t midfield, but he is still producing the numbers..

thegame24

Established Member
Ade today showed me that he gives 100% and his head doesnt go down even though evryone else was **** around him.

And this is after hes been given 80k a week.

We need another top striker, winger, midfielder and goalie to be back on top.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
True Gooner said:
ricky1985 said:

Excuse me? 11 assists. 8 Goals. Playing in front of the worst Arsenal midfield in 12 years.
The sentence after the one that's highlighted is almost worse. And the one after that is still worse than the previous one. Utter, utter bollocks. Someone's been reading too much Arsenal-Mania.

King Puck Paddy

Almunia 7 - Made a couple of good saves and was solid throughout,could do nothing for Keanes goal.

Clichy 5.5 - Worked hard but I felt after his got injured he never really got going again

Sagna 6 - Did little wrong defensively and put in one or two dangerous crosses down the other side of the pitch

Gallas 7 - Thought he had a very solid game,he won most of the tackles he went for.I was a bit worried in the last min when he went up for a corner,he didn't look too bothered to come back afterwards.

Djourou 6 - Yeah he was caught out for the goal but he is still a bit young and naive,he will get better and better the more games he plays.

Song 8 - Played the "Flamini" role to perfection Today,his passing still needs work but he was very rugged and industrious.

Fabregas 6 - Was playing well until he went off injured,his presence was evident when he was missing.Our midfield was way too deep and there was little in terms of creativity.

Denilson 6 - Thought he raised his game after the red card,he will never be the answer to our midfield problem but he ran his socks off Today

Nasri 7 - Great ball for Van Persie,worked hard and made a few nice passes.He has impressed me the way he never gives up even when he loses the ball.

Van Persie 7.5 - Great goal,still can't believe how the hell he managed it.I doubt if any player in the Premiership could score in that position,he never scores a crap goal does he ? Did well up front on his own after Ade's departure.

Adebayor 6 - That was never a red card,felt sorry for the big guy.He was a genuine goal threat and was a torn in Liverpool's side when he was on.

Diaby 6 - I think Diaby did a lot better than people are giving him credit,he worked hard and got involved in a lot of play.

Eboue 10 - Heeeeeeeeeey love the beard eeeeeeebbboooouuuueeeee

ricky1985

Established Member
Let me just say I watched the game in a ****ty pub, where they had the commentary from the Sp**s-Newcastle game on for the first half, with the Arsenal game on the big screen. There was nearly a riot, because the Sp**s dicks wanted the Sp**s game on the big screen and we wanted the Arsenal game, in the end we got the big screen and they got the small teles with their commentary on the sound system).

So anyway, to me Ade just couldn't get invoved in the game, he looked fast and strong and the service just wasn't there for him. His movement in the box is infuriating though, he has no concept of making 'darting' runs to the near post or far post. He is so static in and around the box.

I know he has scored a lot of goals this season, I just feel he hasn't really got going. His performances haven't been grabbing headlines. The midfield service is dire though.

Anzac

Established Member
Surprised we don't have any more ratings for AW considering the recent thread that got locked down.............

Latest posts

Top Bottom