• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal-mania end of season awards: corona edition

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Before filling in, wish any AM poster suffering during the pandemic, either through illness or financial hardship all the best for the future. Nobody deserves this ****.

Best Moderator:
@celestis @American_Gooner @yousif_arsenal @albakos

Poster(s) You're Most Likely To Agree With: Any poster who knew that the problem with this club was an ageing board, useless owner only interested in the club as a business opportunity, an egotistical CEO and an underfunded team compared to the elite opposition. And the only thing between us and mid table for years was Wenger.

Poster(s) You're Most Likely To Disagree With: Any poster who, 22 months on, is still trying to pretend Wenger ruined the club because they're shocked and a bit embarrassed that we haven't popped up like a cork and reached elite status alongside Barca instead of struggling beneath Sheffield United.:lol:

Posters I look out for their posts whether I agree or not:
There's a few thousand members but a couple of dozen regulars I tend to look out for:
@Tir Na Nog
@BigPoppaPump
@Mrs Bergkamp
@MutableEarth
@carlito'sway
@pacstud
@Sammy1887
@Jury
@Notorious Big
@GDeep™
@razörist
@AVENTUS
@krackpot
@krengon
@SA Gunner
@tap-in
@GoonerJeeves
@Mo Britain
@AL the gooner
@HollandGooner
@Plutarch
@say yes love you man
@Rex Banter
@Riou
@hydrofluoric acid
@OnlyOne
@El Duderino
@rich 1990
@North5
@freeglennhelder2
@Rimaal
@Trilly
@bingobob
@Gegen Pressing
@Toby Andrl

Probably others I've forgotten, sorry

Posters you’re most likely to PM death threats to: Nobody, wish all posters a long and happy life

Every poster has their merits, don't like to single people out for Biggest Troll or N o n c e of the season etc.

RIP @Mark Tobias

Peace and love to everybody in these tough times.

Thanks for the shout out. I rate you as a poster too!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You keeping safe bro? Must be incredibly quiet down there without the tourists. Perfect in fact.:lol:

Yeah all good down here. We are in the county side so walking in any direction we see very few people. My wife & I working from home, its ok. I took up Fly Fishing this year as I have trout fishing 2 mins walk from my house, unfortunately that's closed for now. I miss that more than the pubs :lol:

Hope all is good with you!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes thanks mate. Got a pup, so a lot of training and walks. And counting the days to Arsène's new book.:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Where you been?
I’ve just shut off the part of my mind that deals with football so no real reason to post here.

Once we have a set return date I’ll be back, until then I’ll just lurk a bit.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thanks to anyone who shouted me out. Hopefully we’ll all be back to arguing with each other soon!

miss you all xx

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
How did I miss this thread?

Best Moderator: @American_Gooner
Should Be A Moderator: @OnlyOne

Poster(s) You're Most Likely To Agree With: @Rex Banter

Poster(s) You're Most Likely To Disagree With: @scytheavatar/ @Tir Na Nog

Most Optimistic Poster: @Macho
Most Miserable Poster: @rich 1990
Most Dedicated Poster: @yousif_arsenal
Most Unique Poster: @hydrofluoric acid
Poster With Best Avatar: @MutableEarth

Best Post:
This post from @Jury wins it hands down. A little master piece. I could describe what makes it so good but then it would take me 3 paragraphs to do it so I won't. Except to just say you are missing out if you haven't applied the wisdom embedded in this post in real life. Next time your mate looks smug and bragging because he he thinks he gave his missus a 10/10 performance in bed. Ask him, after it was done, did she walk away without saying a word and make you a breakfast? If the answer is no, tell him to stop kidding himself as that wasn't a 10/10 performance. Things become a lot more easier to work out now you know exactly what the benchmark is for a 10/10 performance. We should get Jury to help out Fifa next time they are trying to update the rules for what constitutes a handball. I'm sure he could come up with a simple, easy definition in just a few words again.

Best Fight:
There were many memorable fights between @BigPoppaPump and Mark Tobias (well, more like beatings which resulted in Tobias usually begging the mods for help) but have to give it to @say yes vs @Makingtrax

Best Thread:
Easy one this. The Tierney transfer thread. Started of horribly. Getting flooded by Celtic fans who seemed to think there wasn't much of a step up from Celtic to Arsenal. Having to learn what 10IAR meant (it was referring to Celtic going for 10 league titles in a row). Then mid way through the thread a serious bout of nostalgia broke out. By this point I had been on this forum for a few months, it seemed to me this place was just a collection of individuals who just had a say/rant in any giving thread and that was it, only connection I could see was that we all supported Arsenal (even that wasn't always clear tbh). Suddenly poster after poster was reminiscing about a few years back, about a particular post or poster. Now by reading all these stories coming out it showed my impression was wrong, this was indeed a community. A particular sight to behold was when posters with macho exteriors started asking, in a concerned way what might have happened to some posters who stopped posting and if they were alright. No doubt hiding the fact they were getting teary-eyed behind their screen. You love to see when AM collectively all goes mushy :lol:

Best Meme:
@OnlyOne' height, @GDeep™'s alleged fondness for minors and @Manberg' alleged fondness for groping women.

19/20 Poster Of The Season: @say yes
19/20 New Member Of The Season: @Riou

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

How did I miss this thread?

Best Moderator: @American_Gooner
Should Be A Moderator: @OnlyOne

Poster(s) You're Most Likely To Agree With: @Rex Banter

Poster(s) You're Most Likely To Disagree With: @scytheavatar/ @Tir Na Nog

Most Optimistic Poster: @Macho
Most Miserable Poster: @rich 1990
Most Dedicated Poster: @yousif_arsenal
Most Unique Poster: @hydrofluoric acid
Poster With Best Avatar: @MutableEarth

Best Post:
This post from @Jury wins it hands down. A little master piece. I could describe what makes it so good but then it would take me 3 paragraphs to do it so I won't. Except to just say you are missing out if you haven't applied the wisdom embedded in this post in real life. Next time your mate looks smug and bragging because he he thinks he gave his missus a 10/10 performance in bed. Ask him, after it was done, did she walk away without saying a word and make you a breakfast? If the answer is no, tell him to stop kidding himself as that wasn't a 10/10 performance. Things become a lot more easier to work out now you know exactly what the benchmark is for a 10/10 performance. We should get Jury to help out Fifa next time they are trying to update the rules for what constitutes a handball. I'm sure he could come up with a simple, easy definition in just a few words again.

Best Fight:
There were many memorable fights between @BigPoppaPump and Mark Tobias (well, more like beatings which resulted in Tobias usually begging the mods for help) but have to give it to @say yes vs @Makingtrax

Best Thread:
Easy one this. The Tierney transfer thread. Started of horribly. Getting flooded by Celtic fans who seemed to think there wasn't much of a step up from Celtic to Arsenal. Having to learn what 10IAR meant (it was referring to Celtic going for 10 league titles in a row). Then mid way through the thread a serious bout of nostalgia broke out. By this point I had been on this forum for a few months, it seemed to me this place was just a collection of individuals who just had a say/rant in any giving thread and that was it, only connection I could see was that we all supported Arsenal (even that wasn't always clear tbh). Suddenly poster after poster was reminiscing about a few years back, about a particular post or poster. Now by reading all these stories coming out it showed my impression was wrong, this was indeed a community. A particular sight to behold was when posters with macho exteriors started asking, in a concerned way what might have happened to some posters who stopped posting and if they were alright. No doubt hiding the fact they were getting teary-eyed behind their screen. You love to see when AM collectively all goes mushy :lol:

Best Meme:
@OnlyOne' height, @GDeep™'s alleged fondness for minors and @Manberg' alleged fondness for groping women.

19/20 Poster Of The Season: @say yes
19/20 New Member Of The Season: @Riou

'Alleged'...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Best Fight: There were many memorable fights between @BigPoppaPump and Mark Tobias (well, more like beatings which resulted in Tobias usually begging the mods for help) but have to give it to @say yes vs @Makingtrax

I'd be lying if I said i didn't miss fighting with Tobias, it was so obvious to everyone but him that I was just trying to p*ss him off on purpose and he would always bite lmao. Even when he would call a truce and acknowledge I was winding him up he would still get mad and cry to mods. Good times.

Since I'm here though, what does Hleb's Sirush actually mean?

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Surely the best thread has to be Özil's thread?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Since I'm here though, what does Hleb's Sirush actually mean?

In my college days I used to know this Armenian beauty named Sirush. I asked her out and she said yes. Naturally I made her watch Arsenal with me. She didn't particularly like football but somehow she developed an admiration for Hleb, used to like the way he dribbled. There was another Sirush in my class, so our friends jokingly started to call her (insert my name)' Sirush to make it easier to know which one they meant. As I found it a bit cringey to call her my Sirush I started calling her Hleb's Sirush. A few years later she had to return home and that was it between us. Just when I was about to sign up for this forum and I had to come up with A username, out of the blue I got a text message from her right at that time. So that's why I chose this username.

Last edited:

Moah

In my college days I used to know this Armenian beauty named Sirush. I asked her out and she said yes. Naturally I made her watch Arsenal with me. She didn't particularly like football but somehow she developed an admiration for Hleb, used to like the way he dribbled. There was another Sirush in my class, so our friends jokingly started to call her (insert my name)' Sirush to make it easier to know which one they meant. As I found it a bit cringey to call her my Sirush I started calling her Hleb's Sirush. A few years later she had to return home and that was it between us. Just when I was about to sign up for this forum and I had to come up with A username, out of the blue I got a text message from her right at that time. So that's why I choose this username.
Great story. But I'm sure everyone thought it was related to Hleb and took their own assumptions. I for one thought it had to do with his style of play.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
In my college days I used to know this Armenian beauty named Sirush. I asked her out and she said yes. Naturally I made her watch Arsenal with me. She didn't particularly like football but somehow she developed an admiration for Hleb, used to like the way he dribbled. There was another Sirush in my class, so our friends jokingly started to call her (insert my name)' Sirush to make it easier to know which one they meant. As I found it a bit cringey to call her my Sirush I started calling her Hleb's Sirush. A few years later she had to return home and that was it between us. Just when I was about to sign up for this forum and I had to come up with A username, out of the blue I got a text message from her right at that time. So that's why I chose this username.
its-beautiful-ive-looked-at-this-for-five-hours-now-34900664.png

Top Bottom