• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal - Porto, player ratings

dave_rwr

Established Member
Overall, the whole was better than the sum of its parts.

Arsenal: 10/10

We came out and we got a massive result when many people were questioning whether we could. Nasri MOTM, but a big golden star to Bendtner for overcoming the weekend. Some shaky moments at the back and it took Sol 60 minutes to settle himself, but we got what we needed. 6-2 aggregate is far better than any of us were hoping for.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
mistaT said:
I'm too happy with the result and performance to spend any time thinking about why I shouldn't award 10's down the board.

So

Big Al - 10 for a clean sheet
Clichy - 10 for cutting out all those passes and playing some peachy crosses
Verm - 10 for being the man
Sol - 10 for not being Silvestre
Song - 10 for your incredible defensive work and that nutmeg
Diaby - 10 for galloping up field like a horse
Nasri - 10 for goal of the year
Arshavin - 10 for getting us going
Bendtner - 10 for a hat trick and responding to the critics
Rosicky - 10 for being a sexy beast

Eboue - 10 for being you :eek:ops:
Walcott - 10 for something new
Denilson - 10 for not starting

You forgot Sagna and Monsieur Wenger.

Sagna - 10 for crossing much better and keeping the gold hair

Wenger - 10 for jumping around (ala Villareal last year) :mrgreen:

alboots101

Established Member
bojed said:
alboots101 said:
yes..SA...yes I am.

look it aint my fault i cant see football analytically..

if it floats my boat on the night..well...nuff fkn said.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81VPZ9_r2PE&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81VPZ9_r ... re=related</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ruud....ledge..last match a real shame.."seshxy futbol"...man.

99% of the time I really don't get what you're trying to say.

I bet you are drunk 23 hours a day aye bootsy?

better make use of my good hour,

I always liked Ruud Gullit..marvelous footballer, his last game for Chelsea at Anfield was a real disaster and it kinda tainted his career for me.

alboots101

Established Member
nope..He`s looking like his old self....

full backs and heading

we hate it most of the time and I think its his biggest flaw..brilliant on the ground though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Quite amazed by the low ratings, I really think our team played very well

Almunia 7

Sagna 8
Sol 7
Vermaelen 8.5
Clichy 8

Song 8
Diaby 9
Nasri 9

Arshavin 9.5
Bendtner 9
Rosicky 8

Eboue 8
Walcott 7
Denilson 6

fabo

6.51 / 10
Dunno how Song gets any higher than a 6. Very average in yet another big game.

Almunia.....6....some saves, poor kicking.

Sagna.....6....anti-Sagna display. Shaky defensively including losing a big header which Nasri cleared off the line at 2-0. Two great crosses.
Sol....5....shaky.
Vermaelen....8.5....excellent display bar some clumsy free-kicks. His blocks were heroic at times.
Clichy....7...would have bumped him to 8 but for that horrendous mistimed header. Easy to see why big teams turn us over at ease.

Song.....6....Easily by-passed, vacates his space regularly. Nice passing and good strength but he's supposed to shield the back 4 aswell.
Diaby....8......good display. Defended pretty well, was the deepest midfielder on occasion. Some nice forward surges.
Nasri.....9....immense. MOTM.

Rosicky....6....did OK. Some nice forward bursts and one car crash pass which almost let Porto back in.
Bendtner.....9.....well played. Full sure he was missing the pen at the end, but took it well.
Arshavin....7.....some really horrible decision making at times. Had the beating of Fucile most of the night though. 2 assists.

Eboue.....7.....great goal.
Denilson.....6....tidy.
Theo.....6

gunnerGH

Established Member
Almuny 7

Sagny 7
Vermy 8
Camp-belly 7
Clichy 8

Rosicky 8
Nasry 10
Diaby 9
Songy 9

Bendy 9
Arshaviny 8

Ebouey 8
Ramsey 8

AliBabaBrewer

fabo said:
Had the beating of Fucile most of the night. 2 assists - 7

Wait, what?
I know I warped the quote slightly, but that's to show the sheer 'Whaaaat?'ness of the rating.

True, he buggered up an abnormally large about by his standards, but having the beating of his fullback almost all night, and getting 2 assists is usually worthy of something higher than a 7, especially seeing as you rated Song as 6.

fabo

6.51 / 10
AliBabaBrewer said:
fabo said:
Had the beating of Fucile most of the night. 2 assists - 7

Wait, what?
I know I warped the quote slightly, but that's to show the sheer 'Whaaaat?'ness of the rating.

True, he buggered up an abnormally large about by his standards, but having the beating of his fullback almost all night, and getting 2 assists is usually worthy of something higher than a 7, especially seeing as you rated Song as 6.

The terrible decision-making in our 3rd brings his rating down imo. Unnecessary stuff aswell which could prove costly.

It didn't this time but shouldn't mean we overlook it.

Missed an open goal aswell, tricky chance but still a poor miss by his standards.

russkiegooner

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 6
Sol - 4
Vermaelen - 8
Clichy - 8
Song - 7
Diaby - 8
Nasri - 9
Rosicky - 7
Bendtner - 9
Arshavin - 7

Eboue - 8
Walcott - 6
Denilson - 6

xcdude24

Established Member
Double_H said:
is it me or clichy improved in the last few games and His crossing is Much better

Think it mostly has to do with the fact that Bendtner's been getting into the box more and more often.

hesham

Established Member
Almunia - 7 - not much to do
Sagna - 7 - some quality deliveries, hopefully see more of that
Sol - 5 - looked shaky
Vermaelen - 8 - Solid
Clichy - 7 - full of energy, still a bi suspect positionally
Song - 8 - Dominant, ****ing love Song/Diaby partnership in cm
Diaby - 8 - see Song
Nasri - 8 - no surprise he's up'd his game after playing centrally, hope he gets more chances there
Rosicky - 7 - kept play moving well
Bendtner - 9 - 3 goals. actually thought he played just as well against Burnley. Goals will always make the difference, if he can keep this good form till end of the season, don’t see the need for Chamakh
Arshavin - 7 - brilliant at times, extremely complacent at time. Can always make the difference

Eboue - 7
Walcott - 6
Denilson - 6

General

Established Member
Al 6 – Steady but as usual a few poor clearances and spillages
Sagna 9 – Solid no nonsense defending. Poor communication from the back meant he was caught out a few times but his energy and tenacity are on another level. Love his sliding aggressive tackles and he always gets the ball. He gets a nine.
Campbell 6 – Looked flustered at times and lacked composure. Slow and cumbersome display
Vermaelen 7 – Solid but has a habit of dwelling on the ball for too long
Clichy 8 – Very aggressive display and always on his toes.
Nasri 8 – Very good. Quality goal but work rate still leaves a lot to be desired.
Song 7 – Poor positionally once again and gave away some cheap balls but covered a lot of ground.
Diaby 8.5 – I’ve been waiting for the day Abou covers more ground than anybody. 11km and a bit is not bad for a supposedly laze player. Solid throughout.
Arshavin 7 – Blew hot and cold and regularly went from sublime to ridiculous.
Rosicky 7 – Run his socks off and is starting to discover his cutting edge.
Bendtner 8 – Nice treble and the early goals spurred him on. Work rate was execellent.

Subs
Eboue – 7
Theo – 6.5
Denilson - 6.5

progman07

Established Member
flobaba said:
NASRI- 9 ***** His critics and the Hleb lovers can go to hell.
Thank You. Clown. Just because someone didn't like him as a winger, he should **** off. Okey...

Oh and Hleb again... if in an argument I say Hleb is a better winger, am I a Hleb lover?

qs

Established Member
almunia - 6

sagna - 7
vermaelen - 7
campbell - 5
clichy - 7

song - 7
diaby - 6
nasri - 9

rosicky - 5
bendtner - 8