• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal - Porto, player ratings

yuvken

Established Member
alboots101 said:
flobaba said:
alboots101 said:
quality...GHy.
Indeedy..

Except of course I didn't know Ramseysey was back alreadydy..

I think he gets an eight because....well..just because really...;)
Should be a 9 really. These days it really looks like this guy is everywhere. His
presence felt in every move we make.

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 6. Very little to do, but his kicking was dreadful for the most part.

Sagna - 6. Quite un-Sagna like last night. Some very good crosses, including one whipped in with uncharacteristic velocity, but some very indecisive moments at the back. Made Sol's life more difficult at times too.

Campbell - 7. Started like a nervous young'un but grew in stature as the game wore on, and gave Hulk and Falcao a lesson in strong, physical defending.

Vermaelen - 9. Made 4 or 5 incredible blocks, was quicker and more mobile than all of their forwards (and Hulk and Falcao were very quick and very mobile!), and was generally awesome on the ball too. Incredible player, and about as good as they come currently.

Clichy - 8. Very alert and bright with his defending. One poor mistake, but that aside, he played very well.

Song - 8. Was caught on the ball a few times too many, but don't let that mask how good he was otherwise. He made some great tackles, was always there as the second man, whether it was the fullback, centreback or a fellow midfielder who needed help, Song was there round on the cover, or pressurising himself. He used the ball so intelligently, and carried the ball through challenges effortlessly so many times I lost count. Flagged a little in the last 15 minutes, but the game was well and truly won by then. Defensively he is in a different stratosphere to our other midfielders.

Nasri - 9. Intelligence personified, everything he does is infused with it. Always aware of his surroundings, and the technical ability to exploit that awareness. His goal was out of this world, and a pleasure to view live, now he needs to start putting that incredible skill to use more often.

Diaby - 6. Did a lot of very good things, but lets himself down too many times with his lack of defensive awareness. He just doesn't spot danger quickly enough at times, and it results in opponents getting much more time on the ball than they should do, and means other players, namely Song, have to concern themselves with "Diaby's job". He's not lazy, not at all, there is just a general lack of awareness in his game, both when attacking and defending. He sometimes just doesn't see things quickly enough.

Rosicky - 6. Very similar to his Burnley performance - lots of nice flicks and clever 5 yard passes, but not enough threat in the final third. He facilitates our football fantastically, a fancy "water-carrier" if you like, but he has the ability to be much more influential than that, maybe he's still feeling his way back to his best form?

Arshavin - 8. Very annoying little player. Absolutely outrageous skill and ability, and then moments of sheer laziness and carelessness. Needs to push himself more, he has it in him to completely dominate games, even at this level, but seems to settle for a peripheral role, flitting in and out of proceedings.

Bendtner - 9. Top class performance, ask Bruno Alves when he next wants to see Niklas Bendtner lining up against him, and I'd wager he'd say not for a bloody long time! Won nearly everything in the air, and what he didn't win he made very difficult for the centrebacks to get away. Showed great awareness to bring others into the game, and was in the right place at the right time to score 3 goals.

Subs

Eboue - 8. I didn't realise until yesterday that I actually love Emmanuel! He's like a breath of fresh air, his energy, his enthusiasm, his smiling face, and the crowds absolutely adore him. He came on and played a big part in winning us the game - he's turned into an extremely good player.

Denilson - 6. Succeeded in shoring us up a little through the middle, at a time when Song's intensity had dropped slightly.

Walcott - 5. Disappointed when I realised he wasn't starting, but pleased to hear it was due to a tight groin and not a tactical decision. Apart from a little run here and there, didn't really impact the game greatly.

flobaba

progman07 said:
flobaba said:
NASRI- 9 ***** His critics and the Hleb lovers can go to hell.
Thank You. Clown. Just because someone didn't like him as a winger, he should f**k off. Okey...

Most people criticizing him were doing so without taking into consideration that he is actually a natural CM/AM, not a winger. A couple of games in his natural position and we can all see the difference. And please stop twisting my posts- I said quite clearly that any such 'someone' could "go to hell", not **** off :wink: . Okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey?

progman07 said:
Oh and Hleb again... if in an argument I say Hleb is a better winger, am I a Hleb lover?
Hmmmm. Is this a trick question? I don't know. Are you?

The real question is why are you taking this **** so personal?

Biggus

Established Member
F**k me dead how good is Eboue now, is he up for a new contract or something.

Swish said:
I don't care if it wasn't an all round performance, a hattrick equals a ten in my book.
:lol: Well you can't really ask for anymore can you.

justinmitchell

Biggus said:
F**k me dead how good is Eboue now, is he up for a new contract or something.

Swish said:
I don't care if it wasn't an all round performance, a hattrick equals a ten in my book.
:lol: Well you can't really ask for anymore can you.
Surely he'll be offered something. If Almunia & Denilson can get 4+ years...

Top Bottom