• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Southampton - Player Rankings Thread

Buhry

Established Member

1. Cazorla - Instrumental to our attacking play and was toying with soton in the 2nd half
2. Podolski - played very well especially in the 1st half
3. Gervinho - 2 goals and some good movement

9. Coq - anonymous, had a few good passes though
10. Jenkinson - not great with the ball, some poor passing
11. Szczesny - very poor game, pissed with the way he ruined our defensive record tbh.

arsenallegends

Established Member
3 Szczesny: Terrible. Put us under needless pressure and we could have easily taken a clean sheet to the Etihad. He's needs to remind us all that he is still prodigious.
7 Jenkinson: Another industrious performance. Doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the team; can improve on how he supplements attacks.
7 Per: Really did well to snuff out opposition transition and continues to learn how to use his physical presence to his advantage. Still doesn't offer much on set pieces.
8.5 Vermaelen Couldn't have started the season any better. Another great performance. Seems much more cognizant of developing dangers and of course his passing is a real asset.
8 Gibbs: Integral to our link up play in our final third. I love the acceleration he shows, must be one of the quickest in the squad but his final balls are still the weakest part of his game. Played a part in two goals.
8 Arteta: Pure class. Another performance with such competence, this time Coquelin got the best seat in the house to see how its done. Beautiful weight pass to Gervinho and always on the look out for counter attacks.
8 Cazorla: Consistent distribution, solid runs off the ball and committed to duels.
5 Coquelin: An ok season debut all things considered, but poor by his standards and looked miles off Arteta.
8 Podolski: Drops too deep for my liking, but he does pick great pockets of space. Great pace on his free kick and valuable in link up play.
8 Gervinho: One of those games where his touch, pass and runs were of the standard thats required. Good interchanges.
6.5 Chamberlain: Confident display, good link up play and could have been more involved on another day. He will be a star performer any game now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

1st = Gervinho
2nd = Cazorla
3rd = Podolski

11th = Szczesny
10th = Ox
9th = Jenkinson

Poacher

1. Podolski
2. Gervinho
3. Cazorla

Gibbs also really impressed me, as did Jenkinson apart from a couple of loose passes when trying to spread the play.

yuvken

Established Member
Caz, Gerv and Poldi tied for first (and should split the points evenly? :) know it doesn't fit the system, but I really couldn't give it to one more than the others - 3 motm for me. ) If there was one more place it would be for Art, then TV and Gibbs. How about: "players who upped their game this year". Latter 2, wow.
But I can fit your system in:
11. Chez.
Wake up, mate.

iced22

1. Gervinho
2. Cazorla
3. Podolski/Arteta (seriously, I can't decide)

9. Jenkinson
10. Coquelin
11. Szczesny

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
1. Gervs
2. Cazorla
3. Podolski

There was only one player who deserves to be in the bottom 3, so I will say

9 Scezney
10 Scezney
11 Scezney

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
tap-in said:
1. Gervs
2. Cazorla
3. Podolski

There was only one player who deserves to be in the bottom 3, so I will say

9 Scezney
10 Scezney
11 Scezney

I agree with this, maybe swap Santi and Podolski too.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
1. Cazorla - dictated everything again
2. Gervinho - what a revelation, loved the space he was getting into, he should have been fed more balls with that movement
3. Arteta - a complete boss

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

RUS arsenal said:
Btw, where can we see results of these?
I am gonna post the results up at different intervals most likely every 9 games and the -champions league ones after the group stage and after the final (or our last game)

say yes

forum master baiter
1- Podolski
2- Gibbs
3- Cazorla

RUS arsenal said:
Btw, where can we see results of these?

Perhaps do it monthly? That way it's nice and ordered and you can also have an 'AM player of the month' or something or that sort.

Latest posts

Top Bottom