• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Southampton - Player Rankings Thread

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Just wondering why Jenkinson gets so many negatives and bottom 3 votes? Is this like a default setting or something?

Bar Szczesny's **** up he's been an intergral part of a defence yet to concede a goal, and yet every game he's slated. Conversely, Gibbs is doing a similar job on the other side and getting praised for it.

Baffling.

leo_ense

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Just wondering why Jenkinson gets so many negatives and bottom 3 votes? Is this like a default setting or something?

Bar Szczesny's **** up he's been an intergral part of a defence yet to concede a goal, and yet every game he's slated. Conversely, Gibbs is doing a similar job on the other side and getting praised for it.

Baffling.

I don't think Jenkinson was poor at all but he has made some glaring errors these past few games. He needs to stop panicking when under pressure and trying that ball across the defence, a better team would have punished us for those suicidal passes. If he tries that **** against City they will exploit it. He has been solid defensively and non existent going forward, whereas Gibbs has had solid contributions on both ends of the field which is why he is receiving more praise.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
For once I agree with you DJ.... :shock: *checks outside for snow (Texas) and flying pigs* :wink:

Gibbs has actually been somewhat suspect with his defensive positioning and has to thank Poldi for cleaning up his mistakes (not to say I don't rate him, I really do, but he needs to work on that).

Jenks on the other hand is always in the right defensive position and drops back to CB a lot when Verms or Gibbs get stuck and on corners. Other than a few misplaced passes, he has been a rock defensively but unlike Gibbs, needs to work on his technique and offensive game. In the future, I see him as our 4th choice CB back up in times of injuries (don't rate Djourou at all).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom