• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Aston Villa. 01/03/08 3pm

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
astonvillaarsenal2ff4.png

Hopefully this match will go a little better than the last match I started a thread for last week.

But whilst not forgetting what happened at Birmingham, this game against Villa represents a chance to draw a line under those events and get back on the winning wagon.

I wonder what sort of team, what sort of support we will see on Saturday. I am hopeful that the team will be fired up and ready to do the business for Eduardo. I hope that the fans can really be the 12th man as we enter a crucial phase of the season. With a tough away schedule, the team will need to win all their home games and we can play a part in creating the kind of atmosphere that will inspire brilliance in our boys and fear in the hearts of our opponents.

Perhaps we might even get a proper referee this weekend. Wouldn't that be something?

Lineups, thoughts, predictions here...

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Im going this Saturday, il make it my personal guarentee that i aim sing & shout through this match. If ever was the time for a rallying-cry, here it is.

Anyone got the heads up on anyone back from injury? My last glance on AFC official site didnt say anything.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Its gonna be 4-5-1 isn't it? :(
Usually, I would throw a strop and what not, but Im not really sure I wanna see Adebayor and Bendtner upfront together.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gooner_Stu said:
Im going this Saturday, il make it my personal guarentee that i aim sing & shout through this match. If ever was the time for a rallying-cry, here it is.

Me too. I hope that we can be as loud as we were during the Chelsea game, though I know it's not likely..

Original_AAA

thegame24 said:
30th of february eh?

Hehe, it's about time that February is awarded the honor of being a full month :wink:

So who do will have for selection now? Other then Toure, Eduardo (get well soon!), van Persie, Song, Diaby, Rosicky and Djourou are there any injuries?

Would imagine a 4-5-1 for this, but Wenger might be brave enough to put Bendtner or Walcott as partner with Adebayor.

Sublime

Basically it's f#cking on now. Time to stand up and be counted. Our destiny is in our hands (well not my hands but...) and we're gonna bring home that title cos it'll look lovely on the mantlepiece.

2-1 Arsenal with more heart-in-mouth moments than you can shake a stick at.

Walcott will start, let's hope he can build on his recent form and tuck one away.

COME ON YOU GOONERS!

thegame24

Established Member
anyone else got abad feeling? we played bolton 26th april this year we got ****ty derby on26th april, another relegation team in white ffs

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I havnt seen the highlights of the Birmingham game yet, I want to see Walcott's goals but not the rest :(

Anyone got a sneaky link to them? ;)

Good on ya Gooner_Stu, belt it out and let Eduardo know we are there for him :)

Feanor

Established Member
Does anyone know what the story is with Rosicky and RvP? There's an ugly rumor going around that RvP is not actually injured but has a drug problem, I'm assuming it was started by RvP haters since he's been out for so long but the way this season has gone, nothing would surprise me anymore. This game is actually on TV here on the US, so I'll be hung over and screaming at the TV Saturday Morning! Can't wait for this game, I want to see how the team is going to react, I expect us to absolutely destroy Villa.

tam1886

Established Member
What did you hear in the rumour?

The only thing I have seen about that was apparently RvP and Quincy were both caught and that's the reason Quincy left. I don't believe it for a second though. You couldn't keep something like that quiet.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Where did you hear that drug problem from?
Doubt it by the way, and really unfair if it is not true.
It does seem odd though, thigh injury, knee injury, flu (then Cesc playing with a flu).
I just thought he had an embarrising injury he couldn't play with, like hemoroids or something.

Lancelot

Established Member
Unless there is a pleasant surprise in the form of Rosicky or that Diaby is ready again, I'd guess that Wenger will field this:

Almunia
Sagna Gallas Senderos Clichy
Walcott Flamini (edited, credit to Tam1886 for this :wink: ) Cesc Gilberto Hleb
Adebayor

The atmosphere is going to be great - thank you in advance for those of you who have the chance to be a part of it - and we are going wipe Aston Villa out off the Emirates' surface; a strong 3-0 victory with each from Walcott, Adebayor and Cesc.

The referee will favour us (fingers crossed). Justice for a torment week will be served and this place will resume its best positive and cheerful condition.

I hope I'm not asking for too much. :)

Feanor

Established Member
I believe it was started on another team forum (redcafe?), I was interrupted when I was reading the thread and have not found it again. It was basically that someone's friend who works for Arsenal told this person. I'll see if I can find it again. I don't want to believe it but I've been very worried about RvP ever since the relapse of his injury, it was a little weird which is probably how this rumor started.

Feanor

Established Member
Ok, it was redcafe and it was actually posed as a questions to the gooners on that forum:

FAO Gooners; Van Persie
Morning Jopub.

According to my gooner mate, who's a season ticket holder, but whom is also prone to believing silly rumours, Robin Van Persie isn't actually injured.

Apparently the story is that he's gone off the rails, with drugs and the like (as you do), and the club have told him to sort his life out or else they wont stand by him.

He got the info from some bloke who he sits near at the games, who's also (supposedly) some high ranking police type person (i.e. possibly a real life version of the transfer forum).

None the less, have any of you faceless wonders heard anything about this?

Feanor

Established Member
Lukazan said:
The RVP drug rumour :)lol:) is in the injuries thread.

Sorry I'll stop polluting this thread with it. It's been on my mind since I ran across it last week or so.

So anyways, is Rosicky fit?

Jimbo14

Feanor said:
Ok, it was redcafe and it was actually posed as a questions to the gooners on that forum:

FAO Gooners; Van Persie
Morning Jopub.

According to my gooner mate, who's a season ticket holder, but whom is also prone to believing silly rumours, Robin Van Persie isn't actually injured.

Apparently the story is that he's gone off the rails, with drugs and the like (as you do), and the club have told him to sort his life out or else they wont stand by him.

He got the info from some bloke who he sits near at the games, who's also (supposedly) some high ranking police type person (i.e. possibly a real life version of the transfer forum).

None the less, have any of you faceless wonders heard anything about this?

Hmm, Sounds like a heap of crapola to me.
Why would he be allowed to put in the odd cameo apperance?

Also, Arsenal you'd surely have released an official statement before the matter became subject to dodgy rumours.

Anyway, Aston villa, their a bloody good team, and have a tactically strong manager.

However. I think we'll be well up for this, Flamini, Gallas and Theo especially due to what has happened in the past week.

I suspect it will be tough, but our desire to get back to winning ways will be to great for them.

1 or 2-0 to the arse.

Im lookin foreward to this one already. 8))

Latest posts

Top Bottom